Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

edit

Slamma Jamma! fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mascot
Feb 10, 2010

Catsworth posted:

Those are pretty awesome. What are the trapezoid/cockpit shaped pieces on the top of the feet from?

It's been in a few sets as a windscreen/rollcage. Here's the bricklink info on it:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=47758

pad thai hi-five
Aug 11, 2003

Oven Wrangler
I felt the urge to build something castle-like in the style of a diorama. Enjoy my rock fortress.
It's 64x64 bricks, rather restricted color palette, and can be expanded upon. I'm considering adding a small lake with an underwater connection with some cavern beneath a grate of sorts in the large cavern.

If anyone's interested, i can upload the .lxf file somewhere.

Click here for the full 1280x859 image.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Goddamn Bricklink owns but it's so dangerous. I've got $350 worth of sets and parts in the mail now and I still need more pieces for my current project.

Mascot
Feb 10, 2010

Carbohydrates posted:

Goddamn Bricklink owns but it's so dangerous. I've got $350 worth of sets and parts in the mail now and I still need more pieces for my current project.

You're not kidding. I've been dropping around $20 a day on cracklink since last Wednesday...and all on random parts. It's been like Christmas checking the mail after work each day this week tho :)

Tom Ripley
Mar 21, 2010

by T. Finn
So I've read that people will buy these Star Wars sets or whatever to resell the figures... what do they do with the rest of the set?

xX_WEED_GOKU_Xx
Apr 30, 2010

by Ozma

Tom Ripley posted:

So I've read that people will buy these Star Wars sets or whatever to resell the figures... what do they do with the rest of the set?

Keep it or sell it on Bricklink sans minifigs, I assume.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

oh poo poo....

God drat it guys.

I found a AT-AT on bricklink for 130$

I really am tempted.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!
This was posted in the PYF funny pictures thread. Anyone know who built it, and if they have instructions?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

BrainWeasel posted:

This was posted in the PYF funny pictures thread. Anyone know who built it, and if they have instructions?

It was blogged on BB recently

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2010/07/17/let-the-game-continue/

Everyone really should follow this blog, by the way!

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
There's a sequel.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Factory posted:

oh poo poo....

God drat it guys.

I really am tempted.

it's $130 on shop.lego.com...

edit: oh well in that case get it.

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 20, 2010

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

The one I'm looking at is the original not the mechanized walker

Mascot
Feb 10, 2010

Factory posted:

oh poo poo....

God drat it guys.

I really am tempted.

Phyresis beat me to what I was gonna say, but...depending on which AT-AT you were talking about...Toys R Us has the new one in stores now for $110.

I think the old, motorized one is a better value...the only thing the new one has going for it is sheer number of minifigs.

fake edit: speaking of stuff TRU has in stock now...I had to try really hard not to pick up the new Slave 1 this morning :/

real edit: man I need to refresh this page more often...you should grab that old one tho :)

Mascot fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 20, 2010

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

I would grab it, but 130$ is a lot to spend.

Also, I have nowhere to really display it.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Mascot posted:

It's been in a few sets as a windscreen/rollcage. Here's the bricklink info on it:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=47758

Awesome, thanks.

Intoxication posted:

I felt the urge to build something castle-like in the style of a diorama. Enjoy my rock fortress.

That's pretty amazing. I always enjoyed building crazy rear end castles (Nothing that crazy. :v:) as a kid. When I get my own place and get my old Legos from my dad's storage I'll have to try building up some poo poo of my own.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I'm not sure how you goons view LDD, but

Had to take out the lower elevators, and re-jig the connections between the sections (LDD :argh:). I think it's a comfortable balance between owning the model and having money.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

BrainWeasel posted:

Maybe you can't afford to build it, but you can get it as a t-shirt. No idea which came first.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Mine GO BOOM posted:

What is better than one Excavator? How about two, with TRU's Buy One, Get One 50% off deal for $325 with tax?

Their bags don't support the weight of two of these things.

You owe it to your country to construct a quad-treaded death tank with a tri-barreled turret. :black101:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Intoxication posted:

This owns, you own.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
News! Upcoming sets!

10214 Tower Bridge: 4,287 pieces, 219,99€, coming in October

10216 Winter Village Bakery: ~700 pieces, 54,99€, coming in October

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

Carbohydrates posted:

:aaa: I will own this. I MUST.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Carbohydrates posted:

News! Upcoming sets!

gently caress.

Where the hell am I going to put this?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Oh yeah also this

10125 Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter

Details here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44391

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Carbohydrates posted:

News! Upcoming sets!

That is amazing, but I can't justify spending over $300. I'd love to have the Taj Mahal and the Statue of Liberty too, but i just can't afford them.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh yeah also this

10125 Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter

Details here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44391

This is not worth 100$

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Captain Duvel posted:

This is not worth 100$
I'd pay $60 for it if I cared about Star Wars!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Carbohydrates posted:

10216 Winter Village Bakery: ~700 pieces, 54,99€, coming in October

I am such a fag for wanting this.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Flavor Bear posted:

I am such a fag for wanting this.
You should consider picking up its predecessor on Bricklink or something:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10199-1

You can get 'em for only $15 to $20 more than their original price, which is kind of funny - they ran short of the demand for the set around Christmas, presumably because scalpers were buying them up in bulk, and now they've only raised in value by $15 or so due to there being SO MANY available now on the secondary market. There's one guy on BL with 30 of these things.

e: Sadly most of those are overseas, it seems. Cheapest US one is $90.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Carbohydrates posted:

You can get 'em for only $15 to $20 more than their original price, which is kind of funny - they ran short of the demand for the set around Christmas, presumably because scalpers were buying them up in bulk, and now they've only raised in value by $15 or so due to there being SO MANY available now on the secondary market. There's one guy on BL with 30 of these things.

e: Sadly most of those are overseas, it seems. Cheapest US one is $90.

Actually after looking closer at it, I don't want it. At first glance it looked like a full building, not just the shopfront.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Captain Duvel posted:

This is not worth 100$

Agreed, the only SW set worth $100 would be Fett's Vette :c00l:

toochilled
Apr 3, 2003

Lord Commissar posted:

gently caress.

No idea here either.
I have to get it though. Best set I have seen for aaaages.

LarryCsonka
Nov 7, 2006
Oooh, I don't go map-finding-behinding
Just got back from Toys R Us...

I am pretty excited. First set I have gotten in 10 years

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Lord Commissar posted:

gently caress.

I could easily stick that on my mantle, but then I'd have no place for my TV antenna, plants, or Crane Tuck.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

LarryCsonka posted:

I am pretty excited. First set I have gotten in 10 years
That's awesome! Nice choice of set to start again with, too. Lots of possibilities there.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Carbohydrates posted:

Tower Bridge

I hope those are cheese slopes making up the corners. I can see what appear to be a few tan cheeses in there. Tan cheese at last.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
nice work on the daft punk, very simple but very good

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Carbohydrates posted:

I did this. I finally decided to try getting in on that scalping thing and picked up 3 of those Winter Toy Shops. Now that I see tons available, I'm thinking I picked the wrong set to try this out on. I am going to try to ebay them this winter, but if I can't get at least $100 each then I'll just hold on to them for another year or two.

As far as short demand, my local Lego Store simply had boxes upon boxes of the Winter Toy Shop even up to a week before Christmas. It didn't seem to be a very hot set at the time and I guess that is showing in the second hand market.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I did this. I finally decided to try getting in on that scalping thing and picked up 3 of those Winter Toy Shops. Now that I see tons available
Wow, it's even still in stock in parts of Europe: http://shop.lego.com/Product/Default.aspx?p=10199

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

As far as short demand, my local Lego Store simply had boxes upon boxes of the Winter Toy Shop even up to a week before Christmas. It didn't seem to be a very hot set at the time and I guess that is showing in the second hand market.
I got the last one from my LEGO store sometime in November and they never got any more. I was reading on Eurobricks at the time about a number of people in the states being unable to find the set, versus people overseas swimming in them.