Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Plastik posted:

don't buy Stringer from the Hero Factory line.

but. but. but. A Brickset reviewer says it is pants :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

djfooboo posted:

but. but. but. A Brickset reviewer says it is pants :v:

His right arm (the cannon) is one piece all the way to the shoulder. Furthermore, the front end is angled to make it seem bigger for the pictures. It's really stupid looking. I do, however, enjoy the Hero Core.

Really Big Shoe
Sep 11, 2001

HEY HOW DID THIS SHOE GET ON MY LAP ITS SO BIG OH GOD SEND HELP
All of the new Star Wars sets were released today instead of August 6th. Go pick up your Palpatine Shuttle or Slave 1 or something! The Clone Tank is loving awesome.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

I called TRU but they said they won't be out until August 6th despite it being for sale on the site.

SpecialF
Dec 14, 2004

`You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Just scanned those new minifig barcodes and came up with the numerical list for anyone with a barcode scanner on their phone/at work:
673419146791 - pharoah
673419146807 - vampire
.......46814 - spartaaaaa!!
.......46821 - disco stu
.......46838 - singer
.......46845 - ringmaster
.......46852 - baywatch
.......46869 - safari
.......46876 - athlete
.......46883 - surfer
.......46890 - witch
.......47064 - mime
.......47071 - cop
.......47088 - mexican
.......47095 - skiier
.......47101 - weightlifter
in numerical order cos I'm anal like that.

Mascot
Feb 10, 2010

SpecialF posted:

Just scanned those new minifig barcodes and came up with the numerical list for anyone with a barcode scanner on their phone/at work:
673419146791 - pharoah
673419146807 - vampire
.......46814 - spartaaaaa!!
.......46821 - disco stu
.......46838 - singer
.......46845 - ringmaster
.......46852 - baywatch
.......46869 - safari
.......46876 - athlete
.......46883 - surfer
.......46890 - witch
.......47064 - mime
.......47071 - cop
.......47088 - mexican
.......47095 - skiier
.......47101 - weightlifter
in numerical order cos I'm anal like that.

Anybody managed to find these in the US yet? Brickset said they were out, but I've been striking out all over the place so far.

SubbyMinx
Dec 30, 2009

Mascot posted:

Anybody managed to find these in the US yet? Brickset said they were out, but I've been striking out all over the place so far.

Guessing by they way that Series 1 came out, they'll be in Europe first, then the UK about 2 weeks after (not sure why we don't get the same release date as the rest of Europe!) then the US about a month later.
I can't find them on sale anywhere in the UK yet, so the US might be a little while off yet. Especially as they're not even for sale in the lego shop!

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Catsworth posted:

I called TRU but they said they won't be out until August 6th despite it being for sale on the site.

Just ordered a Hoth Wampa Cave and a Slave I from the site and they've already shipped with a delivery date of August 3rd, even though I only chose Standard Shipping. Also you get free shipping on orders over $100 right now, so buying online may be your best option.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I still haven't gotten any first wave minifigs yet :(

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
The new Star Wars sets have been out at my local TRU for a couple of weeks now. Slave 1s in stock every time I go there.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Wow the new star wars sets continually to be ridiculously overpriced. Sigh :(

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Captain Duvel posted:

Wow the new star wars sets continually to be ridiculously overpriced. Sigh :(
Licensed themes always cost more than regular system stuff due to the cost of licensing, and Star Wars is such a ridiculous cash cow that they can get away with charging just a little more on top of that because people will pay it. Hell, they'll pay it for just the figs.

"Sure, I got me a Boba Fett or two, but I can get one with printing on his arms?! Time to break out the credit card!"

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 29, 2010

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Catsworth posted:

Some TRUs do have them, and my local Lego store (King of Prussia) has them on sale now to compete with TRU. Maybe other Lego stores are doing the same thing.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I saw this house at Target today for the first time.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8403-1

It was $39.99 for 383 pieces, and it also said "special edition" on the box, but I don't see what exactly is special about it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

ElwoodCuse posted:

It was $39.99 for 383 pieces, and it also said "special edition" on the box, but I don't see what exactly is special about it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Special Edition generally just means that either that retailer gets first crack at selling it, or you can only buy that set from that retailer or a LEGO store.

The set's nice, and I like seeing neat things like solar panels and tree houses, but I don't tend to think of that style of house having such a large front yard.

SubbyMinx
Dec 30, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

Well, I've never seen it anywhere in the UK... so I'm guessing they mean special edition like only for target, or only for your area or something.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

Maybe for that sweet hotdog

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Does anyone subscribe to Brickmaster magazine? Is it worth it content/sets-wise?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Captain Duvel posted:

Maybe for that sweet hotdog

I can't tell you how much that set reminds me of my childhood.
The whole family would share 1 hotdog, then my parents would go upstairs and drink wine, leaving the dog to watch me.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Beachcomber posted:

Does anyone subscribe to Brickmaster magazine? Is it worth it content/sets-wise?

I do. I like it, but then again I primarily subscribe to it because I play Lego with my Little Brother (as in, in Big Brothers, Big Sisters little brother) all the time since I managed to net a smart kid this year. I primarily like the "suggested alternate builds" they do where they pick a popular set and come up with something cool to build that isn't included in the normal plans. The exclusive sets are pretty cool too, I guess. Just got a Lambda-class Imperial shuttle the other day that I have yet to build.

I guess it all really depends on how you value $40.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
This is deceptively cool:

The images are a little big, but they're worth loading up to see all the details: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=439797

Really Big Shoe
Sep 11, 2001

HEY HOW DID THIS SHOE GET ON MY LAP ITS SO BIG OH GOD SEND HELP
Yeah at my store, the release date for the new Star Wars sets was August 6th, then they moved it to the 2nd, and then they were like "JUST RELEASE IT NOW!" a few days ago. I want Palpatine's shuttle so bad.

The Harvard Comma
Apr 21, 2009

Highlights of his global tour include encounters with Nelson Mandela, an 800-year-old demigod and a dildo collector.

InfinEight posted:

Like it deceives you into thinking it's cool when it's actually not or it deceives you into thinking it's not cool but it actually is?

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

InfinEight posted:

The images are a little big, but they're worth loading up to see all the details: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=439797

Greeble overload!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

The Harvard Comma posted:

Like it deceives you into thinking it's cool when it's actually not or it deceives you into thinking it's not cool but it actually is?

The latter- when I first saw the thumbnails I thought it was a microscale ship, and the three sections of the upper hull hides all the good stuff.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
That is a really cool moc. I love that the builder used so many random parts, it gives it a very used look. Also awesome that the top shield/shroud thing comes off and hinges. Very cool.

Edit: drat, now I need to start looking for yard sales.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

That ship has a very definite Firefly feel to it, with the cargo, crew and general dissaray of it all.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Taeke posted:

That ship has a very definite Firefly feel to it, with the cargo, crew and general dissaray of it all.

Funny, I was thinking "Reapers!" when I saw it.

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

AlwaysWetID34 fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 18, 2019

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

McFunkerson posted:

I think you mean "Reavers!"

That kinda makes me want to attempt building Serenity out of LEGO!

You've been beaten to the punch, but there's no reason not to build your own:

http://www.reasonablyclever.com/lego/firefly/

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

McFunkerson posted:

I think you mean "Reavers!"

That kinda makes me want to attempt building Serenity out of LEGO!

Yes, I did. I need to go watch Firefly again, I guess.

children overboard
Apr 3, 2009
I can't help but feel the new Space Police series is promoting prejudice. It seems a bit too 1950s Alabama that all the police are caucasian and all the "bad guys" are a little bit "different".

Look.

Cops get heavy on an alien just because he's got a gun. Nevermind that the cops are all armed to the teeth, no. An alien with a gun, that's a real worry, lock him up boys (oh, and that little B on the alien's chest stands for BLACKtron to push home the racial metaphor).

Space pimp. We all know that he's just filling a void in the economy created by overzealous anti-prostitution laws. Don't target space pimp, he's merely the supplier. Legalise and regulate the industry and you'll remove the need for illegal prostitution and unsavoury characters like space pimp, without the need for expensive incarceration which only exacerbates his [or its] criminality.

Then there's this one. That's a shark dude in that containment cell, in case you can't see. Humans have been persecuting sharks for decades because they 'look scary' to us, even though more people are killed every year by space bees/falling space soda machines/other innocuous phenomena that's actually pretty deadly when you look at the numbers. This shark dude's imprisonment is a damning indictment of the human psyche, to fear the alien without regard to logic, facts and statistics.

Then there's this guy. I dunno maybe his species can only eat gold or something so when humans showed up and turned it into the currency, his people started to starve. I'm not sure but OPEN YOUR MINDS PEOPLE!

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
I was with you until the four armed guy. Seriously, my uncle was neighbors with one of those four armed freaks. gently caress those guys.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wow, some very cool stuff in this thread guys.

I have only a tacit interest in LEGO myself, but I'd like to get something nice that can sit somewhere in my home as a display piece. I like the look of that big Green Grocer set I've seen on a few sites. Can anyone comment about that set and whether it's a fun build and truly looks good in the end? And what are the chances of going into my local TRU and finding it on the shelves? (obviously I can order online from a millions places, but buying local is always preferable)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wow, some very cool stuff in this thread guys.

I have only a tacit interest in LEGO myself, but I'd like to get something nice that can sit somewhere in my home as a display piece. I like the look of that big Green Grocer set I've seen on a few sites. Can anyone comment about that set and whether it's a fun build and truly looks good in the end? And what are the chances of going into my local TRU and finding it on the shelves? (obviously I can order online from a millions places, but buying local is always preferable)
It looks phenomenal in the end. The build is pretty fun since you're always adding details here and there are no annoying "okay you built one of these sub-models, now do it 10 more times" sections like you find on all three of the other modular buildings. You won't find it at TRU, though. If you've got a LEGO store nearby, they should have it; otherwise, you'll probably be ordering it in.

Sorry I don't have a photo of Green Grocer on its own, but here's all four of the official modulars:

Gary2863
Jul 19, 2000

So I made this thing:

It doesn't look too impressive compared to the other creations in this thread, but check out what I did with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVoJcw7qaoU

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

AlwaysWetID34 fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 18, 2019

Gary2863
Jul 19, 2000

McFunkerson posted:

That was pretty drat cool. That tortoise looked like he wanted to gently caress your poo poo up.

I'd be afraid of that thing getting stuck somewhere underground and being lost if it was mine.

Yeah, aside from the wheels, I was careful to only use common parts for that reason. Also, the string is tied to various parts for easy recovery. The camera was extremely cheap too, and that tortoise has been doing so much excavation lately that if something did get lost, maybe he would eventually push it out.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

children overboard posted:

OPEN YOUR MINDS PEOPLE!

drat, you got a good point there. What this currently-discriminatory theme needs are some suitably-awesome Space Police aliens, and human space criminals in the form of the return of Blacktron.

Also those four-armed assholes totally deserve what's coming to them after stealing jobs from hard-working, honest humans with their multiple appendages and lust for gold. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

children overboard posted:

OPEN YOUR MINDS PEOPLE!

Sorry man, but you were beaten to the punch within about an hour of the first preview shots of the original New Space Police line being released. Pretty sure someone on here even made a comic about it.