Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

That shelf looks like it was glued on with silly puddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

one pile it

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

lmao the parents knew something like that was going to happen to they aimed a camera at it

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

FBS posted:

one pile it

I think that step has already been completed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!
I knew someone would comment on how badly installed that shelf is. Looks like it is anchored to drywall and has more weight on it then it probably should. Also lol.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Put up for adoption

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

My son is tall enough now that he is able to reach the top of the dresser I have the titanic on and has been picking off pieces every now and then. I already tried to put it on a shelf but that gif almost happened when I put the ships weight on it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I knew someone would comment on how badly installed that shelf is. Looks like it is anchored to drywall and has more weight on it then it probably should. Also lol.

Brand of the wall anchors? Hubba Bubba.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

FBS posted:

gosh the Artemis rocket has a lot of stickers

This is what made me certain I wasn't buying it. I'm done with adult sets that cost hundreds of pounds having stickers that will age different to everything else. My space shuttle from a few years back already looks like the two whites are aging differently.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I zoomed in on the pictures on the lego site, and I'm deffo not buying the artemis. The stickers look so bad.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

trevorreznik posted:

Great price and it looks awesome. I wish I had room for it.

This is great. You've got basically all the beautiful stuff that is super impressive to me as someone coming back into lego from the 80s. I would turn the stag beetle though, that's the only staging I don't agree with

I would turn the tiger.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

bird with big dick posted:

I would turn the tiger.

:lol:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hell yeah now that they are doing a animated series batmobile that covers all the cool batmobiles for me. Gotta get rid of those stud shooters though yuck

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
In the picture of the back of the box they aren't there, so they'll probably include pieces to take their place. They did the same thing with the 66 Batmobile iirc.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ha I forgot the 66 one even had stud shooters. I must have taken them off immediately.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

SadisTech posted:

Finally got around to setting up a Partner Approved Public Lego Display (no geek poo poo like space ships). Good old Ikea Billy bookcases.

(the geek poo poo like space ships has to live in my home office)

Obviously you're constrained by your partner but the joy of most of those sets for me is displaying them in situ rather than in a very obvious 'this is the Lego shelf for Lego only'. Like the arts should be on a wall, the plants dotted around the house like other plants etc.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

veni veni veni posted:

Ha I forgot the 66 one even had stud shooters. I must have taken them off immediately.

There are stud shooters on the Tumbler that came out a while ago, but they are well integrated imo. They just look like more greeblies. And the Pattinson Batmobile has spring missiles in the grill.

I'm not wild about the spinning flame on the back of this new BTAS version. The 89 Batmobile has the same thing and it's still on shelves, also that GWP batmobile that came with the 89 UCS set. I'd much rather have a different feature. Dunno what they could do with the limited space, piece count, and price though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The 89 one has guns that flip out which is pretty cool. I dont love that knob on the side though

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm mostly planning on selling locally and not sure I'm gonna sell in SA mart or anything but I am thinking of getting rid of some sets. You guys interested in me posting them here first? I could ship them but some of it is UCS and might cost a bit so I'd have to factor that in. That's kind of the lovely thing about selling lego online.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

I'm mostly planning on selling locally and not sure I'm gonna sell in SA mart or anything but I am thinking of getting rid of some sets. You guys interested in me posting them here first? I could ship them but some of it is UCS and might cost a bit so I'd have to factor that in. That's kind of the lovely thing about selling lego online.

I sold a bunch of expensive sets on here. Post it. At worst you would use two large USPS flat rate boxes.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Xmen 97 whips so much rear end I wish I bought all of that cmf wave.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

deoju posted:

Xmen 97 whips so much rear end I wish I bought all of that cmf wave.

I finally got to sit down and start rewatching the original. I bought the mix 6 cmfs and literally got all the ones I wanted.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I caved and bought the Lego Mario Donkey Kong mine cart ride set, at first I wasn’t sure I’d like it because the track is all disconnected and you can’t actually roll the mine cart through it, until someone pointed out that in Donkey Kong Country the mine cart tracks aren’t connected and you have to jump the cart from track to track, so the Lego set is actually game-accurate. After I realized that, I liked it a lot more.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Here goes another dumbass idea build

With some

Them wings suck rear end and I’m having a bitch of a time matching proportions so that’ll be a redo

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Apr 27, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

About 75% rebuild on the Yoda chassis

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 27, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Rough draft

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

obi_ant posted:

I sold a bunch of expensive sets on here. Post it. At worst you would use two large USPS flat rate boxes.

Allright for round one of makin space I'm gonna be selling

UCS A Wing
UCS X Wing Red 5*
UCS Tie Fighter*
UCS Sandcrawler*
AT-AT 75054
Beatles yellow Submarine

The X Wing and Tie are pending for someone locally

*These 3 are missing box and instructions. Selling them at a reduced rate. the sandcrawler is missing the figs.

Probably more to come I have so many goddamn sets to go through.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ok from

To

Tie Droid Fighter

Basically nothing left from the original except middle of the body and the linkage which was completely rearranged to get the angle on the wings right.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 28, 2024

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know I gave you a hard time about the last one but that one came out pretty neat.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I know I gave you a hard time about the last one but that one came out pretty neat.

Thanx mang, can’t all be winners haha

Gonna poke some fun at ya cause I added some dodads

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 28, 2024

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I randomly found a great little Perseverance Rover Technic polybag today for $5! It even has a simple little suspension rig and a geared drilling arm extension.

Really impressive for the price.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I've been keeping an eye out for that. Where did you find it?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

deoju posted:

I've been keeping an eye out for that. Where did you find it?

On an endcap near the Lego aisle in Walmart. It was paired with a couple other polybags I’d seen before.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
hey y'all, wondering if I could ask for advice/instructions on how to achieve something?

Basically a friend has a birthday coming up, enjoys DnD and likes lego, the big DnD set is way too expensive and too big for them to display in their crowded HMO rental, but the mimic dice box would be *perfect*. I can't afford the secondary market, but I saw that that all the parts other than the eyes are non exclusive, and there was a version someone made with slit-pupil eyes that looked prefectly fine. I've never used bricklink, and I don't know where I'd get the instructions, but I'd really like to put together a set with either printed instructions or a PDF link for them to use. Is there anyone out there who does the legwork and I could buy a good-to-go kit from at a reasonable markup vs the raw bricklink/PAB cost, failing that could someone walk me through the process? birthday is end of May, my location is UK.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Fatkraken posted:

hey y'all, wondering if I could ask for advice/instructions on how to achieve something?

Basically a friend has a birthday coming up, enjoys DnD and likes lego, the big DnD set is way too expensive and too big for them to display in their crowded HMO rental, but the mimic dice box would be *perfect*. I can't afford the secondary market, but I saw that that all the parts other than the eyes are non exclusive, and there was a version someone made with slit-pupil eyes that looked prefectly fine. I've never used bricklink, and I don't know where I'd get the instructions, but I'd really like to put together a set with either printed instructions or a PDF link for them to use. Is there anyone out there who does the legwork and I could buy a good-to-go kit from at a reasonable markup vs the raw bricklink/PAB cost, failing that could someone walk me through the process? birthday is end of May, my location is UK.

Search LEGO mimic on Amazon and there are some kits there.

These aren't official LEGO, but Chinese knockoff. They function mostly the same, although sometimes the parts can be looser or tighter due to crappy quality control. They also don't have LEGO stamped on the top of every stud. I've actually built that knockoff mimic set a year ago and it worked well and it's cool.

Your other option would be to go here and buy this PDF instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-40792/gabizon/treasure-cave-a-mimic-monster/#details

At that link you can find a tab that has the parts list for importing into bricklink for ordering to make things easy on you. Little more work overall, but official LEGO if that matters to you.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!

Fatkraken posted:

There is a mimic on bricklink, in the UK, for $80. Still pricey but not too bad. If that is too expensive maybe this:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/red-dragon-31145

Bricklink isn't set up for purchasing the parts of the mimic yet.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Douche4Sale posted:

Your other option would be to go here and buy this PDF instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-40792/gabizon/treasure-cave-a-mimic-monster/#details

that's a different mimic, I saw someone post a reddit link here a few weeks ago with a proper facsimile of the original, just with the eyes switched out for slit pupil eyes.

EDIT: OK so I found this reverse engineered version that was posted earlier in the thread, it has an imgur album for instructions so that's sorted, but I don't know the best way to actually get the parts. There's a parts list on rebrickable here: https://rebrickable.com/users/ClintM/lists/368957/#parts how do I turn that into ordering the actual pieces? when I click "buy parts" there are no individual bricklink stores that have 100% of the parts, I understand there's some method for piecing together an order form multiple stores but I don't know how to do that for the best price. I'd ideally like to spend no more than £30 total.

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 28, 2024

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Fatkraken posted:

that's a different mimic, I saw someone post a reddit link here a few weeks ago with a proper facsimile of the original, just with the eyes switched out for slit pupil eyes.

EDIT: OK so I found this reverse engineered version that was posted earlier in the thread, it has an imgur album for instructions so that's sorted, but I don't know the best way to actually get the parts. There's a parts list on rebrickable here: https://rebrickable.com/users/ClintM/lists/368957/#parts how do I turn that into ordering the actual pieces? when I click "buy parts" there are no individual bricklink stores that have 100% of the parts, I understand there's some method for piecing together an order form multiple stores but I don't know how to do that for the best price. I'd ideally like to spend no more than £30 total.

Oh, I thought any mimic would be fine, but if you want the exact (or near exact) one that was a gwp, then I dont think you are going to do it for that price. If it's 600+ pieces,some of which are likely bigger/rare parts then I'd guess at least $60 piecemeal. At that point, I would just buy that $80 that was posted above.

I think when you are in the buy part of rebrickable you select multibuy and that gives you different filters to try and get the best price. Just click around and you should find it. Still skeptical on $30, but you might be able to get lucky with stores in the UK I guess.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Douche4Sale posted:

Oh, I thought any mimic would be fine, but if you want the exact (or near exact) one that was a gwp, then I dont think you are going to do it for that price. If it's 600+ pieces,some of which are likely bigger/rare parts then I'd guess at least $60 piecemeal. At that point, I would just buy that $80 that was posted above.

I think when you are in the buy part of rebrickable you select multibuy and that gives you different filters to try and get the best price. Just click around and you should find it. Still skeptical on $30, but you might be able to get lucky with stores in the UK I guess.

it's 168 pieces with a raw bricklink price of under £20, I just want to get it for something close to that once shipping is in effect. I didn't see the multibuy option though, I think that's what I needed, so thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

deoju posted:

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on rebrickable under the inventory tab.
https://rebrickable.com/sets/5008325-1/dungeons-dragons-mimic-dice-box/#parts

I imported this into bricklink just now, and hitting auto select it came out to $17.65 total from 3 stores before factoring in shipping, all in USA.

Hopefully this is what you found too