Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Dogen posted:

when are they going to just buy more aws time or whatever when there's a big launch, geez

The stuff still sells whether there are issues or not, so why spend the money?

Definitely going to buy the A-M Speed Champions set with the safety car, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Skios posted:

I'm not big on Marvel stuff, but that Milano looks cool and colourful enough as a display piece that I might just get it. Also, a Speed Champions safety car is a really fun idea.

aye fuckin great another big guardians ship to replace the benatar which replaced the milano before it.

Cojawfee posted:

I'm getting annoyed by speed champions double sets that don't need to be two cars. I don't want a g wagen, but I might have bought that other one of it weren't bundled together.

send me the g wagon and i'll send you a few dollary doos

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I went to my local Target after lunch. They had a bunch of the new space sets out. The Classic Space Plushie and keychains too.

There were maybe 15 cmf boxes left. I used the android app "Minifig Scan (unofficial)," and it worked, but it was pretty clear I'd been beaten to the punch. All that was left were Space Heroine, and Space Butler, and Beetlezoid. It was still nice to know what I was getting. I wanted Beetlezoid, so not a huge deal.

I'm building the Mars Rover atm.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Maybe I should get the G-wagen set so I can live out my fantasies of hurling one down the stairs

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I could have it built before the Eglinton line is done! :canada:

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

xzzy posted:

They should have made a supersized mold of that old school ribbed radar dish.

for your (viewing) pleasure

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

trevorreznik posted:

Great work on that jedi fighter though. My kid & I just built the yoda fighter

Also huge shoutout to you for pointing out the Yoda Starfighter and making me get some ideas for that last thing I made, I had the older version forever and kept it around cause it was one of the first sets I got after getting back into lego. Think it turned out cool….only 2 ships on my shelf that are full original are the Obiwan and Anakin Star fighters and have no idea how I could mod them.

a sexual elk posted:

Hmm, mebbe next project

Or at least a good dusting

Anyway thanks for leading the way to this

Cause I really like how it turned out and how it just kinda came together, it was a major redesign but it was just a flow of design and feel

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 2, 2024

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

On holiday and decided to splurge on the Interceptor anyways, was sub 200 hundred thanks to VIP points. :homebrew:

Gonna look nice next to my UCS A-Wing.

Also apparently Costco has the Tantive IV display piece for 59.99 in a bunch of warehouses. Gonna stop by my local one when I get back cause 80 was a bit much for me but 60 feels like a decent price for it.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
More new Summer announcements:

Disney, City and Creator 3-in-1.

That dinosaur set... holy loving poo poo. I have a little display with all three builds of the original 3-in-1, paired with the fossils from Ideas, because they're the same species. Looks like I'll have to find a way to expand that display... As for the city, looks like there's lots of new animals. And that Lego truck looks spectacular, assuming the side panels are printed rather than stickered.

~edit: Forgot Harry Potter and Star Wars.

Skios fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 2, 2024

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Skios posted:

That dinosaur set... holy loving poo poo. I have a little display with all three builds of the original 3-in-1, paired with the fossils from Ideas, because they're the same species. Looks like I'll have to find a way to expand that display... As for the city, looks like there's lots of new animals. And that Lego truck looks spectacular, assuming the side panels are printed rather than stickered.

They are going to be stickers. Without a doubt.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That waterfront house 3-in-1 looks cute.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Skios posted:

Goddamn, that Mercury sled in the car transporter set and the driver that looks like a cross between Travis Touchdown and Memphis Raines might be worth the price of admission

E: Carbs, did you ever do a Merc?

Phy fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 2, 2024

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
How does that Madrigal House have more than twice the number of pieces of the previous one and look like that?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Skios posted:

The Snow White Heart Box is a fun little design for young girls to store the still beating hearts of their enemies in :v:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

They are going to be stickers. Without a doubt.

Yeah there seems to be a fine line at the bottom of the opened panel between sticker white and brick white.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Skios posted:

Micro fighters are always welcome to me, but Capt Rex’s looks underwhelming

Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing mech… lol. I guess this is a way for Lego to get Luke minifigs into the hands of children for not very much money. It does look fun for kids.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The City construction crane and excavator and that modern house 3-in-1 look great, drat. Kids got it good these days.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Brick built Simba :3: 3-in-1 house owns too.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Really excited for the red panda, and especially that it's in a small set. I have the 18-wheeler lego truck that came out a while ago, might get the new one too.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

FBS posted:

The City construction crane and excavator and that modern house 3-in-1 look great, drat. Kids got it good these days.

Crane truck looks like a modified (brickified) version of the Technic one from two or three years ago, which for the record is amazing and might have been one of the more under priced and under appreciated models of these past few years, so I'm glad it's getting a second wind.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
So I finally sorted through my old lego bins and pulled out all the broken, megabloks, tyco, and assorted non-lego pieces. If my end goal is to sell them in bulk is it worth sorting by color?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not really. If you know you have any rare/desirable parts or sets it is definitely worth it to put those pieces on top for the photos, people that buy bulk bricks are very good at identifying that stuff and it can only help your chances of a sale. They aren't gonna care how many red 2x4's you have.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

the holy poopacy posted:

Brick built Simba :3: 3-in-1 house owns too.

Bizarrely there's a larger Simba coming out this year too.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

PriorMarcus posted:

Bizarrely there's a larger Simba coming out this year too.

It's Lion King's 30th anniversary.

That's right, King Simba is now old enough to vote.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

SkeletonHero posted:

It's Lion King's 30th anniversary.

That's right, King Simba is now old enough to vote.

Vote? drat near old enough to be president. I mean, if it weren't for the whole "born on a different continent" thing. And being a lion.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
2 of 3 of the new ideas sets seem pretty cool. The 3rd is just more using someone else's IP.

Winners are the minifigure gumball machine. A riverboat. Hooray.

And boo hiss, the pixar lamp.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waltzing Along posted:

2 of 3 of the new ideas sets seem pretty cool. The 3rd is just more using someone else's IP.

Can you please start posting links to go along with your reacts?
I want to see these but have no idea where or what you're talking about.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Habibi posted:

And being a lion.

Can't see how that's a bad thing. I'll vote for a leader that wants to nap under a tree all day and then eat meat all night.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Habibi posted:

And being a lion.

Show me where it says in the Constitution a lion can't be president.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

HootTheOwl posted:

https://ideas.lego.com/s/bp:1d2fa9a9b6a64521921d7567869881d9

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HootTheOwl posted:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/1d2fa9a9-b6a6-4521-921d-7567869881d9

And leaks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Artemis set review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g72AhIp9_u0

TL;DR: not as many stickers as I thought, but when a guy on a Lego channel says a build was "tedious" and "one of his least favorite builds in a long time," it makes me want to wait for a sale long in the future.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 2, 2024

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
More new sets: DC Comics, Ninjago, Monkie Kid.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Thank you

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Habibi posted:

Vote? drat near old enough to be president. I mean, if it weren't for the whole "born on a different continent" thing. And being a lion.

Determined or not, that cat must be long dead

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The Monkey kid, Ninjago and dreamzz sets all seem to blur into one in my head. There's a lot of cross design between them. Everything is big colourful mechs and pagoda temples. It seems like all three themes just overlap a lot in what they are putting out. None of it is bad, per se, but I find it a bit samey.

City and Friends are firing on all cylinders though.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

xzzy posted:

Can't see how that's a bad thing. I'll vote for a leader that wants to nap under a tree all day and then eat meat all night.

I suppose if you're gonna pick a bear over a man, you might as well pick the lion, too.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

xzzy posted:

Not really. If you know you have any rare/desirable parts or sets it is definitely worth it to put those pieces on top for the photos, people that buy bulk bricks are very good at identifying that stuff and it can only help your chances of a sale. They aren't gonna care how many red 2x4's you have.

Cool cool, thanks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is brickset running like poopoocaca for anyone else? Feel like I need to reboot my USRobotics 28k modem or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Waltzing Along posted:

quote:

In the coming weeks, we'll therefore launch 2 separate fan votes where you'll get to vote for:

1) a new Classic Spaceman colour

2) a new Castle faction emblem

Someone must need to print some money to buy a new yacht.