Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Has anyone had any problems with LEGO Digital Designer being really glitchy? Every time I move my mouse it redraws the interface and prompts me to select a box, like it's constantly restarting or something. It's absolutely unusable for me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Dame Cook posted:

Here's the link: http://www.hilarypagetoys.com/history.php?his_id=5. Note that this is a biased source, but Lego did admit to using the design without originally paying for it.

It seems like every product description says that they're 'better than wood or painted / polished variants', so apparently the idea isn't solely his either. Also I don't think I could ever see "Self-Locking Building Bricks" taking off in the way LEGO did :psyduck:

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Dr. Benway posted:

Here's a mini scale idea I've been messing with. I apologize in advance for the rainbow warrior but I ran out of the properly colored pieces (a trip to bricklink is needed). Most of the black, white, and gold will be replaced with red.

Next mini-fig scale. Pretty sure that's gonna be expensive.

Is that Spike's ship from Cowboy Bebop? I hope a scale version of the Bebop is coming next.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

InfinEight posted:

I'm not sure if I should post this, as you may have seen it before/I don't wanna influence your own creativity, but this is a pretty good version that has been around for awhile

He intentionally built at a much smaller scale than that

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Saw this the other day:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/-infomaniac-/4935875228/in/photostream/

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

InfinEight posted:

What a thing I have made!

What is it? I dunno! But I'm forcing myself to go to bed.

It looks like you started building a Metal Gear RAY but gave up v:shobon:v

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Sloppy posted:

I forget if I posted this before, but it's loving awesome and you should all watch it because it is literally the awesomest Lego video ever made.

I think you meant to link to this. :colbert:

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

I just picked up the Star Wars Advent Calendar at Wal-Mart for $20. It had a red clearance label that said $40, but upon scanning it rang up as $20. :dance:

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Gravy Jones posted:

Anyone who wants to build Rome should probably buy about a dozen "City of Atlantis" sets.

Just don't try to build it in a day :v:

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Rythe posted:

Yeah it is going to be for a newborns room and once I build it I am going to glue it together to prevent any chewing of the Lego.

:stonk:

Did somebody say that Series 7 was showing up somewhere already?

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

AzMiLion posted:

:doh:
Fixed it!

updated the parts list as well!
Fixed part link

Now make the shuttle again and hook it up to the N7 base!

Speaking of Mass Effect, I just found this :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaXYF-2HCb8

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

I picked up a TIE Interceptor & Death Star (9676) and man, these are some terrible LEGOs. They have no clutch whatsoever and fall apart with barely a touch, it's like they're subcontracting MEGA BLOKS. The pilot will hardly even stay on the base. Hopefully this isn't a trend :ohdear:

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Sharkelberry posted:

I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet but here's the 2012 advent calendar!

:siren:Warning, if you want to be surprised and open each one when you are supposed to, do not click the link.:siren:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/9509_LEGO_Star_Wars_Advent_Calendar

I am the biggest sucker for micro builds. That micro AT-AT on the cover is so :3:

Minifigs included:
Darth Maul (Santa)
Super Battle Droid
Snowtrooper
Rebel Trooper
Security Battle Droid
Gungan Warrior
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Imperial Officer (Hoth)
R2-D2 (Snowman)

Way too much stuff from the new trilogy, not nearly enough from the original. On top of that these don't resemble what they're modeled after nearly as well as the other advent calendars'.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Also note that the second one from the left has '1948' on his torso.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Minecraft set is $35 on the LEGO website, a 30% discount.

I couldn't resist, picked up it and the Vampyre Hearse. :3:

zorch fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I've had turds that were better designed than the Serenity.

A lot of goons are coming down on you so I'll back you up on this: Serenity looks like what would happen if Joss Whedon took a squat and busted a grumpy.