Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Virar posted:

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Hope it's not some cruel joke by someone at SDCC.

A LEGO black pearl would kick all sorts of rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

tonelok posted:

Pirates of the Caribbean.
:circlefap: :pirate:

I'll display my Jack Sparrow proudly next to my Darth Vader and Indiana Jones. The licensed mini-figs are like manchild crack.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

No, you were right the first time, what an rear end in a top hat. I really want some Pharoah's Quest, but if I saw some at Target today, I wouldn't clean them out of every single copy of every set. Maybe other collectors want some? Maybe even kids want some? The guy's a huge hardcore rear end in a top hat.

I loving would, and turn my basement into a scale replica of the valley of the kings.

Well, no, not really. But I really want some of those sets. The Pyramid and the Bi-plane are cool.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

Any idea if they'll go back to the cowboy theme in future? I remember writing Lego a letter when I was 8 or so suggesting the theme, even pointing out how they already had horses and cowboy style hats, but once they finally made them I was kind of not into Lego at the time.

I know its not what you meant but a future cowboys series would rock, it would be like a non-licensed Firefly.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

It can't be just me who thinks those architecture sets are the biggest waste of money, right?

They are severely overpriced. Which is a shame, because if they were fairly priced for the part simplicity involved I would have probably bought the entire line just because.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

So when is LEGO gonna get wise and get the license for a back to the future line?

Who here wouldn't buy a Delorean? Seriously. Clocktower set? The Train? They would fly off shelves.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

I'm sure you're mistaken! I see boats, jets, jetskis, bikes, dune buggies, a helicopter that shoots snakes, but no airship!

Ninjago is the one theme that has me going :wtc: every time I look at it.

Wait...is that helicopter firing snakes?

How many SPM does your average ninjacopter fire anyway? Im talking about cobras, not those stupid little garter snake peashooters.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Fatkraken posted:

Gosh, the straight monorail track costs a FORTUNE on Bricklink. I guess most of the space sets concentrated on curves and the up/down ramps, those are way cheaper.

There are more curves and ramp pieces than straight pieces in the base set, making the straight pieces rarer by default. They would have had to have been purchased separately in monorail track piece sets and those were pretty rare even when they were in production.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

A couple quick redesigns, removing the neon pieces, and adding a couple tickertape machines and that batcave turns into Adam West batcave.

Hell just build around the phone and the "Bat Gear" sign. Motherfucking bat gear. I dig it.

Edit: I totally have to make an Adam West batcave now, all my series minifigs would make amazing 60's batman villains. The Mime, The Nurse, The Pharaoh.. oh god Im going to get my lego out at 2 am aren't I? :gonk:

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Oct 17, 2011

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

Amazing, my girlfriend wanted this for christmas since it's the house that made her want to be an architect. Thanks for the heads up. :)

My (also) architect wife doesn't want the Robie house, but that isn't getting me out of buying her Falling Water and the Farnsworth house for Christmas. I feel guilty because I know how much she wants them, but inside I keep thinking about what a horrible price per brick value they are and that I shouldn't buy them.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

memy posted:

Just got back from Barnes & Noble. At first I was disappointed to find that their 50% off did not apply to LEGO Architecture. However that disappointment left as soon as I saw that it did apply to ADU HQ.
Can't wait to put that one together.

Wow bummer. The location next to me had Architecture under the 50% off, the wife and I just finished putting together Falling Water.

Speaking of which, freaking awesome set. I was skeptical, its kinda tiny, but at $50 there was no turning it down. Its just a crazy awesome build, so much detail, really fun to put together.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

That micro Tie Interceptor is bitchin. Of course, its Star Wars license so it will be stupid expensive for a small part count. Ish.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

GidgetNomates posted:

That's all I ever looked for in a spouse. Done deal. Until someone with more Lego comes along and then we are THROUGH.

Also like I said in my other post, my birthday is next week. My mom asked me wanted I wanted and I told her we'd just go out shopping this weekend and I'd buy something. Providing they're in stock at TRU, I'm going to get one of the train sets unless something else catches my eye. I am pretty pumped. Also going to make another trip to the flea market in the hopes of getting lucky and finding a box of Lego again!

e: Oh yeah, my whole point in posting about the trains was to ask if anyone could give me their thoughts on the passenger train vs the cargo train. There's a pretty significant price difference, so I want to know if anyone thinks the cargo train is better to the point where the price is worth it.

Ive been considering both, I've settled on the cargo train. More track, some cool unique pieces, and the passenger train is kinda butt ugly.

Not that it matters too much, my wife got me the emerald night and it should be here next Monday. Whatever set I get will be gutted to power / give track to that awesome awesome engine.

I'm so excited for this thing, I feel kindof silly looking forward to it as much as I am but just look at it

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

GidgetNomates posted:

Is Emerald Night still available in stores? I might order it sometime but what I'm getting this weekend is limited to what I find at TRU.

I had to go online to find it, pretty sure its out of production and whatever is floating around in online shops (mine came from Target) is about all that's left.

Maersk train next, then prayers that Lego re-releases the Santa Fe sets because holy hell those are too expensive.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Jusupov posted:

I want a pirate boat, but which one is better of The black pearl or queen anne's revenge? They're roughly the same price 90€ for me.

I don't own either, but in my opinion The Queen Anne gets the edge because the back of it is pretty awesome.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Agreed. I don't mind stickers for most pieces, but hate them for tiles and sloped 'computer' pieces. Also don't like it when stickers are supposed to be applied over multiple pieces (though this is unusual in my experience).

I usually hate stickers, but I lovingly and meticulously applied them to my Emerald Night that came in over the weekend because I am convinced that engine will never be disassembled. I came out the ay after my wife and I had put it together and she had displayed it prominently in the living room, she usually hides my toys.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I don't know if there's been anything official about it, but everything I've heard from company people suggests Alien Conquest was a one year deal. It's possible there won't be a space theme next year. There's been no hint of one so far, which really sucks.

I can deal with the lack of spacey stuff so long as LEGO has some more awesome Creator stuff in the works, Make more train engines LEGO! :argh:

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I stopped off at Toys R Us today and they had them all out already, including the NotBionacle hero figures.

Edit: I don't remember ever seeing this set. Surprise?

Worst motorcycle.

I knew they were going to try to dry bone customers with the Heroes pricing, but drat.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Oh god LOTR LEGO, the wife and I will have to pool our money for every single one. She'll be happy to share the load though.

Starting with the Hobbit is perfect, I want a hobbit house, and a gollum riddle set, and a Smaug, and then every drat other thing they release.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Whats that Buffalo Bill? A bag full of lotion?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Mister_Eel posted:

My 7 year old daughter loves LEGO. She doesn't pick out sets based on colors or brick types. All she cares about is which sets have girls in them. That's it.

Ive always been shocked they didn't do some sort of LEGO Zoo line. Zoo enclosures lend themselves perfectly to being standalone sets, but can also be integrated into a larger modular theme, everyone digs animals, and so long as the sets are diverse you have equal appeal to boy + girls (of all ages, some LEGO tigers please).

An amusement park theme could also have the same appeal, and both lines would work well together giving people a bit of that "Oh god I have to buy everything and put it all together into a mega thing" drive that some of the modern and licensed sets are missing.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Shhh, he's probably blotted out Exo-Force from his memory.

blotted out? Looks like someone didn't get this awesome freaking tank.

I combined this with bits from a snowspeeder and a few other sets to make a bitchin Wipeout style ship.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Aww, of all the LOTR castles and towns they seemed to have cherrypicked some dull stuff (except that helms deep, once the set is finalized I think it will look a ton better), but no Bag end or any of the inns or Whitehold Edoras.

Im dissapointed.. Ill wait an extra 5 minutes before buying all of it anyway :sigh:

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

They keep releasing these generic cruisers rather than:

Why the hate LEGO?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Frozen-Solid posted:

Tell LEGO to make the Dana-Thomas House... then send it to me for free for giving the idea! :v:

If that wouldn't make a great LEGO set I don't know what would. It's colorful, it's friendly to the blocky nature of LEGO, and it fits great into the already awesome looking architecture sets.

I scrolled past this too quick and read Dharma Initative house. I have the hieroglyphs from the pyramid... I think I can make an awesome hatch set.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is awesome, but I still love my "10 pieces and done" 90's Falcon.

The micro-scale falcon is pretty awesome too, have that on my desk right now.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

It has begun. You're going to build those and then say "You know, that fire station would look pretty good here", then you will see the mini modulars set.. you have opened the gateway to hell.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Rare Collectable posted:

http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/minecraft-lego-cuusoo-project-passes-lego-rev-54968

Apparently theres going to be Lego minecraft being made? I guess the visual styles match perfectly but I can't imagine this being an interesting line for parts or sets.

Hey guys whats a good idea for sets where you build with squares? A sandbox game where you build with squares!

Watch, it will be a 3500 piece bucket set with a few special prints on a few of the blocks and a big ol "Minecraft" on the front... with an even bigger "Special set" pricetag.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Cbouncerrun posted:

Besides the iconic Minecraft stuff like the miner and creepers I don't know how they're going to make it look like Minecraft rather than just a forest made of LEGO.

What makes you think it wouldn't be just this? More importantly, if its a Minecraft set, why shouldn't it be?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

djfooboo posted:

Feeling up minifigs through the package like a perverted Helen Keller is what makes the collectables fun, this picture makes me sad.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

I'm thinking of heading back actually. Looking at the dwarf, what would be the easist shape to feel for, the round shield? On second thought it looks like that gladiator has one too. The hat then?

Definitely feel for the helmet. I know this as an educated guess because I am a well adjusted and mature adult and definitely don't have one of those staring at me from under my work monitor at this very moment.

Edit: got one of the bandit minifigs from the new series this weekend, he is now holding up the passengers of my Emerald Night. Awesome minifig.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Tony Stark here to sa *falls on head*... uh.. ok sorry I just have to *falls on head* GOD DAMNIT

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Still no UCS B-Wing? For shame LEGO. Between that and the lack of a Nebulon B Frigate I'm wondering if yous till want my money.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go swossh my new Tie Fighter a few times.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, saw the new Star Wars sets on the shelves here. $88 for the new TIE fighter? I think I'll pass.

$88? Where? Target has it for $50, are you overseas?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Merchant of Death posted:

http://rebrickable.com/mocs

While not specific sets, it does have some fairly nice MOC's up there and if you put in what sets/bricks you have it will tell you if you have the parts to make it.

That avatar helicopter needs to be in my house. That thing is awesome.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

Yes

Spiders from mars set? Yes, yes please.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Red posted:

It's pretty easy to make, obviously, and the parts should be fairly easy to come by, except, of course, the one slope with "Space Police" printed on it. But that's easily subsituted.

Wow this post made nostalgia hit me like a sledgehammer. I never got any of the big sets (except the spyrius robot :neckbeard:) but I always got the micro sets. I'm sure I have all these bits still, I should throw this together tonight. Maybe I'll put my aquanauts sub back together while I'm at it.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 23, 2012

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuxM-avNfLo

Hello police? I'd like to report a crime against LEGO.

Oh my god so many pieces to sort
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Trent posted:

Good lord, what is your avatar from, it's driving me crazy trying to remember.

Isn't that the old Cocoa puffs bird?