Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Tanith posted:

Just snagged this little guy. You get pretty much all the pieces you need to make your own big stompy robot so you can scale up, and the LED in the head piece is pretty cool too.

That's a pretty good set, yeah. Dad got me and my little brother each one for Christmas and we had a build-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

You have to make the powerups now too :3:

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

My brother finished his Chocobo custom.

"Custom" is an understatement. I can't even tell whether he used the ostrich as a base like I did.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Finally got around to taking pictures of my Final Fantasy series. In roughly increasing order of customization;

Samurai, Paladin (gonna replace paint with stickers soon) Engineer, Thief

Red Mage, Monk, Dragoon, Berserker

Mystic Knight (unfinished) White Mage, Black Mage

Ninja, Chemist (gonna do something neat with that bottle) Geomancer (unfinished) Dark Knight

Cactaur (unfinished) Goblins, Odin, Chocobos (faces suck)

Golem, Bahamut (still trying to figure out how to attach the head) Leviathan

Extra Weapons; harp, rod, elemental swords, nunchucks

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Trip Report: The Indianapolis LEGO Store's Pick a Brick wall is much bigger than the one at the Chicago Southbridge store, but the selection's fairly basic. I did pick up a bunch of these in the sweet Navy Blue, and these and these in white. Minifigs seem to still be Series 4.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Revol posted:

The Orlando PAB wall had these exact piece/color too, I got a few handfuls of them. Kinda useless, though, when you have none the regular slopes to go along with these.

Now beginning Mission: Towers Everywhere.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Humerus posted:

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask but I am anyway.

For a casual, local sale like for which you express a preference, here is okay, but you might also consider taking this to SA-Mart if nobody in this thread bites.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

I must make this and play it immediately.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Well Manicured Man posted:

The view from the back.

Can you post a cut-away / explode of what you did with the quarter-saucer pieces? I need to see if I can do it in meatspace.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Well Manicured Man posted:

Does this help?

Perfect, thanks.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I really want the pieces out of that Ninjago booster, but I can't afford to drop $75 on larger sets with my wedding coming up and I'd feel like a tool actually buying into their latest Magic the Pokemoning thing. LEGO why do you make me feel ashamed to buy your cool pieces :argh:

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Oh, by the way -- my Christmas haul this year, in addition to the Mill Village Raid (which is pretty cool) contained a gift cert to Brickforge, and since my order of cool custom accessories just came in, I decided to spruce up my Final Fantasy themed figs and put my Engineer Cid into a little scene I threw together.

Click here for the full 2324x1615 image

I call it "The Right Tool For The Right Job."

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

John Carstairs posted:

Yeah, I've only had to contact them once ever, but they replaced, in my case, the damaged parts no questions asked. I'm pretty sure they didn't even charge me shipping.

I've had to order replacements for missing/damaged parts about five times, always through their web interface, no charge and little hassle. Only once did they mail me a return envelope because they wanted to examine the damaged part to try to figure out what went wrong. It's really pretty slick, not unexpectedly for a company that exclusively sells tiny bits of plastic.

So I have a set of tan midget minifig legs I'd like to turn white. Is there a particularly consistent way to bleach the color out of a LEGO?

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Just picked up one of these. I wish I'd grabbed a couple when they were in stores, the accessories are really neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Update on my attempt to reproduce Final Fantasy classes in LEGO -- Geomancer was giving me some trouble, but I recently discovered that a bucket attached to a black lightsaber hilt makes a great oversized bell.