Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Evek posted:

There is only one true brick separator.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=630-1

And buy two.

My friend bought two more of those, and one of them doesn't work properly. The lip that is on the bottom at the far right in the photo in that link is too long, so it can't mate up properly with the brick you are trying to separate. We'll need to file it down a little to get it to work.
If you bought that one as your first ever removal tool you'd think they were utter poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
On only a vaguely related note, a friend sent me a photo he took at a McDonalds in Hong Kong and way in the back you can see my Lego Matrix video playing on their TV. That was cool.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

ChesterJT posted:

That's really amazing, and I would love to do it, but I usually just exchange tanks. :(

So keep painting 'em until everyone has one.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Kabong posted:

Hope the picture isn't breaking tables, having trouble posting from iPhone.

Yeah, I think we can handle a 240 pixel square. :v:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Zeether posted:

Also that minifig should get his penis checked, because that kind of boner is not normal.

So it's different from all your other minifig cocks?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Gravy Jones posted:

My first Cease and Desist letter :allears: I feel like I've finally made it on the internet. Given the speed at which they zeroed in an targeted the legoogel domain name, I suspect another site that thought I was muscling in on their turf might have pointed them in my direction. Although that might be paranoia.

I actually figured it out for myself a week or so ago, when it suddenly clicked that most of the big lego fansite favour "brick" over "Lego" in a kind of duh forehead smacking moment of dumbness, and I started desisting on my own accord.

Interesting. My friend and I have a site with Lego in the name and we infringe heavily upon them (obviously) as well as Warner Brothers and the Wachowski's - legomatrix.com.
The only time we heard from Lego is back in early January when their rep wanted to use some of our footage for their ReBrick campaign that's just been posted on Youtube. We actually felt pretty honoured to be included on a reel with Keshen8 and Rymdreglage, who both have amazing Lego videos.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

B Magazine in Korea did a recent issue about Lego. I've no idea what the content is like, but I'm guessing it's pretty light and fluffy. I mention it because they interviewed my friend and I about our LegoMatrix video, and it's cool for us to get in print if nothing else.

I have to confess, though, that I'm not a Lego fan. I had it up until my early teens then put it away. My mate, on the other hand, is mental for it. His daughter is 9, but I don't think he can get her to show much interest. It's all Barbie princesses and Monster High for her. He has tons of it though, and gladly took ownership of my old stuff. Amongst the generic pieces I had the train tracks and boat hulls, so at least it was stuff he didn't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

ltr posted:

It's a state by state issue for sales tax. Some states have no sales tax, some don't have sales tax on online purchases, etc.. And to make matters worse, each county in a state can add to the sales tax so there are slightly different rates in each county which is why you can't really just post the price with tax included because it varies so much. Welcome to the United States...

Well, they can post it when you walk into a store, but they chose not to. In Australia they made it an offense to list a price without the tax included.
I could certainly see it as awful online if you needed to list a ton of different prices on an item to cover all US states and counties, though.