Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Wooo hooo new thread with an awesome OP.

I still plan on doing the Exclusive European Advent Calendar order again this year, and my goal is to get it in by September.

This year it looks like it will be Kingdoms Set 7952:

(click for big)

The goods:

It isn't up on bricklink yet, but I will keep checking and updating this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Sharp_angus posted:

Do you know offhand what the North American one is gonna be for this year? City, I presume :rolleyes:

Yeah, City: http://www.toywiz.com/lego2824.html :(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Were there any spy shots from Comic Con that I just missed?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I went to the Lego Store in Washington Square Mall today (in Oregon), and talked to the store manager. He was pretty open about stuff:

The Harry Potter Castle will be available for pre-sale on Sept 1, and will be in stores on Oct 1.

The Series 2 of mini-figures should be in on Monday or Tuesday this next week, but they got two different emails about selling them - one said to put them out right away, and the other said to wait until Sept 1. He is going to try and get confirmation and I will be calling on Monday to find out.

The Kingdoms Advent Calendar is coming to the US this year, either in late August or Early September. Again, it is a limited supply item just like the City Calendar was last year, and they are supposed to put them out as soon as they come in.

Your Mileage May Vary.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Guzwar posted:

Does anyone know if that Advent Calendar will be available in Canada?

If you Northerners cannot get it PM me and I will grab one and ship it to you for cost.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Mascot posted:

Just noticed that the thread title is using the inappropriate plural for LEGO...wasn't it correct awhile ago?

Only mods can change thread titles, so ask at your own risk!

That being said, Inspector_71 is a cool mod and would likely change it if asked politely.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I managed to get a Galactic Enforcer for $69 at WalMart last night, I wasn't going to chance waiting for another price drop and having it sell out again.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

The Advent Calendars are out at the Lego Store, I bought a couple for myself and family. They will be putting the Series Two Minifigs out on Sept 1.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I have not seen any of the series 2 mini figs anywhere but at the Lego Store in the Portland area :sigh:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Mister_Eel posted:

I've only been able to find them at Toys R Us down here in Salem. Must be an Oregon thing.

Fred Meyer is supposed to get them, but they put them out way late last time. I haven't seen them at any of the Targets yet either.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Can someone post the UPC from a series 2 minifigure? Not the secret barcode but the UPC that you scan at the register for the price?

Thanks!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh yeah, I'm down! Email me: redacted

Hey will you post the UPC for the series 2 minifigs, please? I need the actual UPC so my wife can check the computer system and see if any more are coming to her store.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Knormal posted:

Do you need the actual UPC barcode or just the UPC? The UPC's 673419130486.

Perfect, thank you!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

PacNW goons - Fred Meyer has the Lego City Advent Calendar in stock if you haven't grabbed one yet.

Still no Series 2 Minifigs :argh:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Went to Frys yesterday and there were two brand new boxes of series 2 minifigures on the shelf. I bought four and pulled three spartans.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

New poll up for Kids Members - which of these sets do you want to see Lego produce:

LOTR/ The Hobbit
Cars
SpongeBob
TMNT
Batman
Scooby Doo
Iron Man
Star Trek
Ghost Busters

Sadly, there was no 'All of them!' option.

There was also a couple of questions about Halo and their Mega Blocks sets too.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Flavor Bear posted:

Ghostbusters is one loving word, god drat it.
Unless they mean that piece of poo poo Larry Storch show with the gorilla from he 70's.

I copy/pasted from their survey, relax man.

ApathyGifted posted:

To hell with you people, Star Trek is the only true answer.

Or Futurama, but that's never going to happen :(

I made sure we voted Star Trek :hf:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Sair posted:

I think they mean this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

No it was the blue cats Avatar :(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I have an extra surfer, life guard and rock star, and would like to trade for the adventurer guy.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Wow that transmission makes me want to go buy some technic stuff. Awesome.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I still need the series 2 professor guy and have stuff to trade!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

RE: series 2 trades

kensei posted:

I have an extra surfer, life guard and rock star, and would like to trade for the adventurer guy.

So Ted I can help you out!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

Ok, here's something strange:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bab/2064743205.html

This guy claims to have S3 figures. I e-mailed him, and he said he got them from his local Fred Meyer (or Feed Meter, as his blackberry's autocorrection decided on).
These things aren't due out until January, and it generally takes a good month after they're seen in Europe before they start showing up in the Pacific Northwest.

I went to the nearest two Fred Meyers today, but didn't see them or any spot for them, in Toys, Collectibles, or Seasonal (where they had the S1 figures during Back to School).

The pics aren't great, but they look legit, so keep your eyes open!

I can ask the wife but they were really late putting S3 out here in Portland.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

Hell, I'm in the Portland area and still trying to finish out S2, and I'm pretty sure I'm SOL. It's really hard for me to justify picking them up for anything more than retail (TRU retail at worst), but the completionist in me is just going nuts having only half of them on my mantle.

And, uh, it's driving the kids nuts too. Yeah, that. Definitely. They're...despondent.

Anybody in the Portland, OR area with extra S2 minifigs they're trying to get rid of?

I have a couple. What do you need? I have PM.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Really Big Shoe posted:

Apparently Fred Meyer and a few other random retailers had an agreement with LEGO to have one small burst shipment early and that is it. LEGO Stores still wont see them until January, along with pretty much everyone else.

drat, that sucks :(

I did get the Troll Castle today at Target, anyone get anything good today?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

Went to my local Fred Meyer on the way home and they finally had S3 figures out; about a box and a handful left.

Yeah, I went to FM tonight and tried the dot method and am short the fisherman, Indian, Alien and Boom Box Guy. I do have extra elves and others tho.

quote:

The Android minifig app just updated with S3, so I went looking for fills. Got the two Hula dancers I wanted, another Elf instead of the fisherman I thought I had identified with the dots and bag-feel, and a tennis player.

What is this Android minifig app?

e: I found it, cool. Maybe this will help me more.

kensei fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 28, 2010

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

jdsalmon posted:

I hit the Fred Meyer in NE Portland tonight on the way home from the gym and they had 3 boxes of S2 figs, so I picked up an explorer and a skier. The price had increased to $3 as well.

I still want a hula girl & a fisherman from S3.

Hey oregoon! I have an extra hula girl, PM me.

Mr. Kamikaze posted:

Are the elves really rare or something? Bricklink only has two sellers that actually have them, and the cheapest is nearly eight dollars.

It happens to be the only minifig I want from this series, too. :sigh:

I ended up with four, so I would be willing to part with one. PM me.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Mr. Kamikaze posted:

Your mailbox is currently full.

Not anymore!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

ApathyGifted posted:

I'll say the same three I say every time this conversation comes up:

Futurama, Jurassic Park, and Star Trek.

They did JP you know, half-assed but still.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

S3 I need:

Fisherman
Indian
Space Alien
Rapper

S3 extras I have:

Gorilla
Snow Boarder * 2
Pilot * 2
Elf
Sumo

Looking to trade 1 for 1 please!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

ireladd posted:

Would you like to trade indian for elf?

Sure! PM me your address and we can just mail them off to each other.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

kensei posted:

S3 I need:

Fisherman
Indian
Space Alien
Rapper

S3 extras I have:

Gorilla
Snow Boarder * 2
Pilot * 2
Elf
Sumo

Looking to trade 1 for 1 please!

Updated! Will also pay up to $4 shipped for any of the figures I am missing!

e: updated again!

kensei fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 20, 2010

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Flavor Bear posted:

Finally scored some S3 minifigs.
Got 2 K-Feds, 2 Baseballers, an Elf, a Tennis Player, a Hula Girl, and 3 Mummies.
I didn't mind a bit about the dupes on the baseballer and rapper, but the 3 mummies kinda blows.

I need a rapper! If want to sell/trade let me know!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Arkannoyed posted:

Found some series 2 figs at Border's today; got a mime, adventurer, and Mexican.

The Borders in Beaverton, OR, has a large display by the registers with at least two boxes of Series 2 out.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Veeb0rg posted:

I made another trek to the lego store, this time with bump sheet in hand. I also Picked up a Camper (7639) while I was there. The shelves were pretty bare. All the Prince of Persia was marked down, the Christmas stuff is 50% off as well.

I only need 5 more to complete my series 3 collection.

I need:
Hula Girl
Tennis Player
Elf
Fisherman
Indian

I have Spare
Gorilla - opened
Rapper - sealed

I want dibs on your Rapper, I am pretty sure I have a tennis player and/or an elf to trade!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I am now only in need of a S3 Fisherman.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Substar posted:

So the Series 3 Minifigs. I've bought 36 of these stupid sets (since I can't use the barcode trick on these) and have all of them but the archer Robin Hood guy.

I have duplicates of the following:

Gorilla
Mummy
Rapper
Fisherman
Hula Girl
Snowboard Girl
Sumo Wrestler
Samurai

Does anyone want to trade an archer for one of those?

If by archer you mean elf then I will take your fisherman! PM me!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > The Sticklebricks Thread: Something AFOSB

Someone know the story behind the thread title change?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > The Duplo/PlayMobil thread

:doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Well Manicured Man posted:

This thread's title has changed, what, four times since I last posted in here? Five? What's going on here?

People (including myself) have posted about it changing, so a mod/admin with a sense of humor is still messing with it.

'Bricks are dumb, use minecraft n00bs'