Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do the Mines of Moria come with a Balrog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Spiderman Lego came out a few years ago and I don't think those were ever turned into games.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Besides the iconic Minecraft stuff like the miner and creepers I don't know how they're going to make it look like Minecraft rather than just a forest made of LEGO.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's a shame.

EDIT: Since Minas Tirith and Mordor are nowhere to be seen in this line of sets, maybe they're saving them for later. Minas Tirith would make a great collector's edition set. The "fly you fools" scene is also absent, and no Gandalf the White.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 25, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So how long after sets get shown off like the LoTR and Marvel ones do they tend to hit shelves? Couple of months?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Getting back into Lego is raping my wallet. Picked up the Millenium Falcon at TRU, then discovered you can order from TRU online so I ordered the new X-Wing + Droid Escape and a Series 6 Minifigure to get over $100 for free shipping. That's $300 in about 24 hours :(

The Millenium Falcon is pretty boss though.

EDIT: Does anyone have any tips for cats that love to chew on Lego? I have to lock my cat out of my living room while building and even when sets are finished he'll try to gnaw on any extending sections.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sockser posted:

I assume you mean 3rd. The second was 2006. And that's if you exclude Jango's Slave I.

But yeah, the third one is out of production, I think. Might be some stock still hanging out, though.

Really? It's still on Amazon.

Lizard Combatant posted:

I remember being so exited and then underwhelmed by that 1st edition Slave 1.
The most recent one is the set that got me back into lego, I couldn't resist the new Boba minifigure.
Sooooo when will there be a UCS Slave 1?
I'm guessing they'll save that for 'last'... until they renew the license again that is.

Speaking of UCS, I hope they re-release the UCS Millenium Falcon and Star Destroyer at some point. I really really want those sets but I'm not going to pay $1500+ for them.

By the way, there's a R2-D2 set coming out later this year that's $150 and people think it's probably going to be an UCS. Is there anymore info on it?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 6, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Senjuro posted:

A few weeks ago I stumbled on this incredible MOC

The size and detail of that is very impressive, but that poo poo is gonna fall apart when he tries to move it.

EDIT: Why is Lego so much more expensive in Canada :(

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It wouldn't be so bad if Amazon.com would deliver Lego to Canada. Oh well.

How does Bricklink work? It's basically an ebay for Lego pieces right? But if you have to order through so many different sellers, how are you not paying absurd shipping costs and having to track dozens of tiny packages? Do you have to try to find a seller that has as many pieces that you want as possible?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Toys R Us does online shipping like Amazon. The speed is a bit slower than Amazon, but you get free shipping for orders over $100 so it's pretty convenient if you don't want to go the actual store, or if the store is sold out of something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Like what? Weapons? They already break those rules for licensed sets.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr. Kamikaze posted:

Not all of us have seen this. Holy crap.

It's so incredible I didn't realize it was Lego.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What's the 5th mini-figure in the Quinjet set?

EDIT: Wait, that's a skrull?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And what the hell is the final set? A rock?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well, just ordered the Emporium. Really wish it wasn't $50 more in Canada though.

EDIT: I wonder if it'd actually be cheaper for someone here who lives in the US to order it and then just ship it to me.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 18, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does anyone know when the Fire Station modular set is going out of print? I really want to get that one in the future, but I just bought the Grand Emporium and don't want to spend another ~$150 so soon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

smackfu posted:

VW Camper Van build is very cool, lots of neat techniques, but 1300 pieces sure is a lot of pieces to dump out on the table. I don't know how people build sets with 2-4 times as many without going mad. I know some sets use numbered bags that you don't open until a certain point... do all the big sets do that?

Yeah, pretty much. For the Grand Emporium I just built, it was bags labeled 1 to 3. Some people just sort all the pieces though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Finally took the plunge and ordered the Fire Brigade before it gets discontinued. I hope it arrives before Easter weekend. I rather like the pet shop and town hall too, but my wallet does not.

Luckily the Pet Shop should still be around for a while, and the Town Hall will be around for years.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pyroclastic posted:

I just tidied up and put all my unopened sets in the closet to get them off the workbench and floor. Goddamn, I spend too much on this.
Unopened:
10224 Town Hall
4195 Queen Anne's Revenge
2x 8639 Cars Big Bently Bust Out (on clearance at Fred Meyer; ~1400 pieces for $70!)
3368 City Space Center
10223 Kingdoms Joust
10193 Medieval Market Village
9457 Fangpyre Wrecking Ball
9445 Fangpyre Truck Ambush
4438 Robber's Hideout
4206 City Recycling Truck
5883 Dino Tower Takedown
5885 Dino Triceratops Trapper
4435 City Car & Caravan
2x 3843 Game Ramses Pyramid (full BOGO)
3862 Game Harry Potter Hogwarts
3860 Heroica Castle Fortaan

Some are out because I actually want to build them (Town Hall, Queen Anne's, Joust, MMV) but don't have space, but the rest are still sealed because I don't even have enough room in my to-sort bin to put anything else in it. I need summer vacation to get here so I can try to go into full sort mode.

Also, it'd be really nice if Peeron would update their catalog more often. Not even the City Car & Caravan is in there yet. I think I'm going to move my set cataloging to another site.

How can you afford so much Lego and then not even build it? You're a mad man.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The_Doctor posted:

How good is Lego's replacement parts service? I'm putting together the Pet Shop, and I've found I'm missing a sand blue 2x1 brick with a notch. I've ordered one now, but I'm just questioning the turn around on it. How quick will it arrive?

Mine took about 3 weeks to get here. I'm in Canada though, it's probably faster in the U.S.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The trailer had a Matrix joke in it. In 2012. I don't have high hopes for that game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Taeke posted:

Holy poo poo, this video is amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUtS52lqL5w
LEGO Great Ball Contraption

Sadly, seems like some of those individual sections are manually operated. In his previous videos he shows off the individual sections and some of them he uses manual air pump for.

Still, it's insanely impressive.

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong. One was manual at first but that was just for the original video. He made it automatic in time for the Great Ball Contraption

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 19, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

That's not canon!!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Rage posted:

This would be the funniest goddamn thing. "Due to increased popularity, the next wave will be JUST this figure." eBay explodes.

edit: Better idea. Start including Mr. Gold's randomly in every set they make. Buy a Star Wars set? 1 in 350 chance of a Mr. Gold. Do this with every property they make. Money out the wazoo.

Only if they make him out of actual gold.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Think the Seinfeld set will immediately sell out? I guess I should get my order in while I can.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know why the original Star Wars Republic Gunship(7163) is apparently so valuable? Is it the mini-figs?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

N17R4M posted:

I had some sweet printed parts. Maybe that? Also Jedi Bob has a cult following, and the Super Battle Droids were metallic blue back then, so yeah the figs too.

Unfortunately the droid arms break really easily.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Lego.com is showing 2 new promotions for me: The Charles Dickens Tribute set free with orders over $150(USD), and 2x VIP points(though apparently the double VIP points aren't active yet). Both for July 12th-18th. And the mini-Adidas shoe promotion is still going until the 20th. So if you buy a set over $150 will you get both of those?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r44fk-F6MR4

Those are some pretty terrible stickers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BigglesSWE posted:

Lego Instagram teases a new Star Wars set, apparently that Clone Wars trooper transport thingy from Ep II.

Wonder if that'll drive the price of the older set up or down. I think they've confirmed Bob won't be in the new one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You can pull out and replace normal minifigure hands without breaking them right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

If you're talking about the Collectible Minifigure Series ones, though, those numbers are MUCH lower. I don't think they're as well-produced as the regular figs, so you'll start having loose hands and bad legs after only a couple swaps compared to the regular ones.

Thankfully they're also dirt cheap to replace.

EDIT: For now
EDIT2: Ok maybe not as dirt cheap as I thought but definitely much cheaper than any actually rare minifigures.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 16, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I spent a few hours taking apart a big set today and my fingers are so sore.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Davros1 posted:

What about cleaning it at the same time; put the whole set in a bag, then putting it in a washing machine?

But what about the stickers?!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh god I didn't know Lego changed the grey color in 2004. When I'm trying to sort my stuff and build my old lego sets it's gonna be tough to tell the difference.

EDIT: Actually wait all my post 2004 sets are already separated. That's convenient.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't really understand the controversy. It was about a gun being sold that was decorated with Lego right? Why is that newsworthy? It's not like you can make a real gun with Lego.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What do you think the next sitcom/TV show set will be? Frasier, Cheers, How I Met Your Mother, ect all seem plausible to me. Oh who am I kidding it’ll be fuckin Rick and Morty.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Breaking Bad would be good too but I suspect Lego doesn’t want to make a meth lab set.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Got the NES set today and while I’ve only done the console part so far I can tell this is a masterpiece of Lego design.

Kinda overpriced though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

xzzy posted:

Make sure to dig two light grey 1x2 plates out of your collection for the hinges on the top of the console. The 1x2 plates they use there serve no purpose but to confirm it's a lego set and to limit how far the door can open.. neither of which are really necessary.

Yeah that’s an odd choice.

Also I just completed the controller and I was thinking the plug that connects to the console would’ve been a great use for those old magnet pieces. Lego doesn’t make those anymore right?