Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Carbohydrates posted:

I made some figs for all the Western crap I've been doing lately. All guns and pointy implements are from Brickarms.

Official LEGO figs with better equipment

Bandits and thugs

Morally ambiguous gunslingers with mysterious pasts and townfolk

Why are so many of their hands upside down? :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
They're awesome anyway.
I am torn about BrickArms stuff.
I'm not as much of an anal purist as I was when I was a kid, but I still don't know that I could tolerate their presence if I ordered some.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Using BrickArms stuff is just as bad as using MegaBloks. :colbert:

Yeah, that's what a little voice in my head tells me every time I consider making a purchase from there.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Tanith posted:

Glue two hands back to back and make your own? :v:

I'm too anal to buy non-official bricks and accessories, I'm sure as poo poo not gonna cut up bricks.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Mascot posted:

For some projects, you just need to get some custom gear. This is a ghostbuster MOC I built last year, and the guys all have brickforge proton packs, particle guns, and gun belts and Ray has brickforge goggles.

You can't get this kind of completeness from standard LEGO.

You could totally build a proton pack using one of these as a base.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Sham I Am posted:

I am curious as to how much you guys tend to spend on this hobby a year?

According to peeron, I have spent $633.50 (without sales tax) since last December.

But that's going in cold without any old LEGO from when I was a kid or bought at a junk sale.
I think I would have spent way less if I had a good stash of bricks.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Mascot posted:

Got inspired by the hardsuits and mechs on the last few pages of the old thread and figured I'd give it a try. It's my first attempt at anything like this, and I know I've got all kinds of different greys in there, but let me know what you think.

Fullsize

Fullsize

My god, this is great.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Carbohydrates posted:

10216 Winter Village Bakery: ~700 pieces, 54,99€, coming in October

I am such a fag for wanting this.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Carbohydrates posted:

You should consider picking up its predecessor on Bricklink or something:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10199-1

You can get 'em for only $15 to $20 more than their original price, which is kind of funny - they ran short of the demand for the set around Christmas, presumably because scalpers were buying them up in bulk, and now they've only raised in value by $15 or so due to there being SO MANY available now on the secondary market. There's one guy on BL with 30 of these things.

e: Sadly most of those are overseas, it seems. Cheapest US one is $90.

Actually after looking closer at it, I don't want it. At first glance it looked like a full building, not just the shopfront.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Virar posted:

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Hope it's not some cruel joke by someone at SDCC.

7pcs. Expected release date December 2010, MSRP $49.99.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Mozzie posted:

All this terrible licensed lego we get these days makes me still hate way way back when all I wanted was star trek lego and then star wars lego came out.

I still think all of my homebrew rainbow warrior Star Wars stuff I built back in 1996 was better than the licensed stuff.
Like the TIE fighter that used one of these as a windscreen.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Just bought and assembled the Lunar Limo tonight.
I was surprised at how loving huge it is.
Space Pimp is as awesome as expected. I would have paid 40 bucks just for him.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

ChickenHeart posted:

I love how he has his own special hood ornament consisting of a solid gold version of his head. Classy. Best 40 dollars I've spent all week.

Yes, probably my favorite part of the whole shebang.
I need to get on building him a tiny pimp stick and using one of those gold goblets for his pimp cup.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

InfinEight posted:

Did anyone else see that gold version of the Pimp's head and immediately think 'Half-Life head crab'? I know the 'legs' aren't long enough, but that's all I could see when I was looking at it.

The first thing I did after building the set was put a black fedora on it.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I still haven't gotten any first wave minifigs yet :(

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Captain Duvel posted:

Maybe for that sweet hotdog

I can't tell you how much that set reminds me of my childhood.
The whole family would share 1 hotdog, then my parents would go upstairs and drink wine, leaving the dog to watch me.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Here's something!
Something I made!
It's a mech!
WHO IS DRIVING?

DOG IS DRIVING! HOW CAN THAT BE?

Sorry, I forgot what a nightmare it is to take pics of red.

Sit, boy.

It was a ton of fun to build.

Edit - Ooh, MOC pagesnipe.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I've been very busy these last few weeks. I am building an intermodal container port complete with ship, cranes and all the rest for Brickfair this year. Most of it is done and boxed up to go, but here's one photo of the old, rotting dock that sits off to one side of the main port.

Seeing as this port required building so many different things, I'll have many more pictures soon.

:supaburn:
Every time I post one of my lovely MOCs somebody comes along with something that makes mine look so much worse in comparison.
You and your loving talent.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Revol posted:

That's my favorite part about this. If I was a kid I'd pretend that the Navy employs giants on their carriers.

If you were a kid you would be too busy crying.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

A Kimbasaur posted:

This is fantastic. Great Movie. Great Set. The smile is just perfect on the Stay Puft man.

Does Anyone know if there was an actual set for Ghostbusters? I can find a lot of the minifigs for sale, as well as the Eco-1. Was that the set itself?

No, those are all custom jobs.
Brickforge makes custom Proton Packs and Goggles accessories.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Carbohydrates posted:

This is for you.

http://www.mechanizedbrick.com/mb.html

As cool as those are, and as much work as I can tell went into them, I still feel it's kind of a turd thing to sell instructions for MOC.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

sam.freak posted:

I see a white piece and I want it painted black...

Does anyone have any more tips on pickung up the Lucha Libre guy from the current minifig collection? There's only so many crash test dummies you can need.

Bricklink.
They go for like 4 bucks but it's worth it.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Wow, that thing does not look like it is worth 100 bucks.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
The old hinges may not have held up as well, but I definitely liked them better.
I just like a nice fluid joint instead of a herky-jerky one.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I think they are too. Click joints, for example, can be a bit thin sometimes.
Like, hold them up to a light and it shines through.

I did notice that the click joints I had this happen with were actually from a set purchased from Wal-Mart.
Maybe LEGO has unfortunately become one of the companies who lower their quality standards to comply with Wal-Mart's insane demands?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Just in case anyone out there was under the same impression I was, the Kingdoms advent calendar is not, in fact, UK exclusive. Or at least the online LEGO store doesn't indicate that it's not available in the US.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Brickset is saying Target stores have series 2 in their Halloween displays.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I checked my local Target and while they barely had their Halloween section up, they did have tons of series 2 minifigs.
Not in display boxes, but two huge bins full.
I grabbed 7 at random and scored pretty well for not feeling.
I got the four that I really wanted, Judo guy, Surfer, Mime and Spartan, and got Disco Stu, Witch and Explorer as well.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I hit up Target for some more figs today. I got 13 this time.
But I got a bunch of repeats. Three vampires, three judo fighters, two Spartans and two ringmasters.
If anyone is for some reason unable to find those and wants to trade for a lifeguard or skier, I am down for that.

On the plus side I got a pharaoh and a pop singer.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I'm tellin y'all, if you're near a Target, hit loving target.
They're a buck cheaper than TRU, and if yours is like mine, they'll have an assload of them to paw through.
I bought loving 20.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Evek posted:

Where the hell are they in Target. I checked the seasonal area, the Lego aisle and around where the yugiho crap is thinking they might put them with the card stuff. Nothing.

If the huge Halloween section is up, that's where they are. With the non-candy Halloween treats.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Sair posted:

I cannot figure out how the cape on the vampire minifig is supposed to work. It's full of mysterious holes!

You have to do it like an Z pattern, starting with the bottom.
Like, bottom left, bottom right, top left, top right.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Dano on flickr is usually up on new set pics. He's posting some for 2011 now. I think I like the direction Atlantis is going:

Oh. My. DICK

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Captain Invictus posted:

Now you have something to live for!

Except I'll never be able to buy it without a job!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

The_Doctor posted:

Series 3 Minifigs GO!

I want Space Pirate/Cyborg and Legolas. Also that samurai.

Evil Spaceman and K-Fed!
Also that baseballer. gently caress, I need that baseball bat.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Wait a minute.
Is that fisherman's fish green?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I sometimes see people selling 3rd party Roman minifig gear on ebay. Where is this coming from? I'm not familiar with the major 3rd party lego accessory dealers.

Most likely BrickForge, though there are some people who make custom minifigs and deal exclusively on eBay.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

InfinEight posted:

'Bionicle' and 'creativity' go hand in hand.

Disturbing.
I know I am glad that I don't have any of those pieces used to make the ears, because if I was out of clean silverware I would use them as spoons.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

3 posted:

The upcoming Diagon Alley set looks amazing.

Wow, that is a parts goldmine. I'm even tempted to get it, and I loathe anything Harry Potter. I bet its price will be through the roof, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Dame Cook posted:

They do. And it's not like all the sculpted heads look odd - some of the Star Wars and Space Police ones work fine - but the goblins, Dobby and Yoda all look wrong. Something to do with being so wide, when the Lego minifigs are already proportionally wide, I think.

Plus no paint. The Space Police heads have painted expressions and such.