Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Dame Cook posted:

$150 or £132 for 2,025 pieces and 11 minifigures. Surprisingly good for a licensed set.

Not bad a tall.
I could probably make a quarter of that back by selling the minifigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

InfinEight posted:

I love these!

I should really buy more.

That is loving brilliant.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I can't remember my first set because I was given a lot of the bucket sets and some pirate set I was too young to assemble, but this was the first set I ever bought with my own money. It was a pretty huge deal to me :3:

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

kensei posted:

New poll up for Kids Members - which of these sets do you want to see Lego produce:

LOTR/ The Hobbit
Cars
SpongeBob
TMNT
Batman
Scooby Doo
Iron Man
Star Trek
Ghost Busters

Sadly, there was no 'All of them!' option.

There was also a couple of questions about Halo and their Mega Blocks sets too.

Ghostbusters is one loving word, god drat it.
Unless they mean that piece of poo poo Larry Storch show with the gorilla from he 70's.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

kensei posted:

I copy/pasted from their survey, relax man.

I don't give a poo poo who spelled it wrong, I still have to sperg about it.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Minifig. loving. Crowbar.

And some new dog and new backpack, too, but who cares about those?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I think I am actually going to buy a sealed case of series 3.
In the first two, there weren't really enough figs that I found very interesting, but with the exception of the Sumo and the Racecar Driver, I want all of those.
God drat, I love that pilot.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Made a chopper last night.
I call it "the Steed"

lovely pics because I have a lovely camera and am a lovely photographer.

Edit- Oh, what a crappy new page.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

EvilJoven posted:

I finished my Sherman Firefly,

That mechanism for rotating the turret seems obvious, but it's actually really inspired.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

zenintrude posted:

I haven't had a Lego set in probably 15+ years, but I just bought [8038] Battle of Endor for $37 new...

Is this a good set and/or deal to get back into Lego with?

That's an extremely good deal; its MSRP is $99.99.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

3 posted:

I decided to make a quickie for Novvember while I work on the designs for my two main Vipers. Except, it's not actually a Vic Viper, it's a Zig, from everyone's favorite tired old meme.

What's holding the trans green piece here?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Muppetjedi posted:

New pics of the 2011 sets are up.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48477

Love that fangly fish.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
They only did this because they knew we want lots of dark red.

But I'm not complaining.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Hodgesaargh posted:

I made this ages ago in an older version of the digital designer, thought it was pretty good until I saw all the awesome MOCs in this thread.

I guess it's some sort of mobile command centre, I liked the paramilitary style minifigs.

Awesomely dystopian.
"One of those stark, two-lane wide behemoths. A minifig gets hauled off in one of those, he's not comin' back."

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
You don't even need wings in space.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Dr. Platypus posted:

If I wanted to buy a Lego house what would a good option be? It doesn't have to be huge, should preferably be in a middle price range. I've been out of the Lego game for so long I don't know anything anymore.
The Creator houses are pretty nice.

Family Home, $59.99

Click here for the full 690x515 image.

Apple Tree House, $44.99

Click here for the full 690x412 image.

Beach House, $34.99

I have the Family Home and the Beach House, I really like them.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Here's the Brickset page on it.
It's a great set, I plan on purchasing it eventually.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh here's some confirmation on that Series 3 in the Seattle Fred Meyer thing, from some guy on a site called Toys N Bricks:

Also, series 4 rumors be flyin'. This site has some Dutch text that translates roughly to: "The Monster, Surfing Girl, Sailor, Kimono Girl (Geisha?), Punk, Viking, Speed Skater, Hockey Player, Skateboarder, Man in Safety Suit (???), Musketeer, Werewolf, Artist, Mad Professor, Football Player and Garden Gnome."

God drat it. With these coming out at Christmas there's no way I'm gonna be able to get my hands on 'em.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

DoktorVerderben posted:

I gotta say, I don't get the whole craze for minifigs. I mean yeah some of the ones in those sets are cool, but to me all that falls by the wayside once people want five bucks a piece for them. To me, the real fun in Lego is in the bricks and building things, not in the figures.

I agree for the most part.
The minifigs are just fun because there's a limited supply of them and because you never know which one you're gonna get. Plus they help add variety and novelty to builds in a way a lot of the regular minifigs don't.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I'm ordering a sealed case if I can get the cash together in time.
Then I will be happy to sell the extras at MSRP on Bricklink.
Because I am not a douche.

Oh god what a lovely snipe.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

ElwoodCuse posted:

I have all three of those houses plus the new City House that is out now. I like them all a lot, it sucks how few buildings there are in Lego anymore. The city stuff is basically all vehicles except big fuckoff police station, big fuckoff fire station, big fuckoff airport, etc.

Not to mention those are more playsets than they are models.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

PeePot posted:

I'm big into getting LEGO versions of actors. It's funny having Harrison Ford, Jake Gyllenhaal(topless), an army of Sean Conneries, and 5 Cate Blanchett's (why not they were a buck each). Pirates means Geoffrey Rush, Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, and hopefully Jonathan Pryce.

I'll probably just buy a sealed case for Series 3, that's what I did for Series 1 and I'd like to avoid running around with a barcode sheet to stores that are sold out. I wonder if a list of precise weights will actually pop up for Series 3, so I can hang out in my offices Shipping/Receiving area all day...

If you get a Joker and a Luke Skywalker you will have two Mark Hamills.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Finished my Vic Viper, finally. I had been waiting on the 2x2 round tile for the nose for about two weeks.

It lights up!

That is hella butt nice.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
What are these glowing swords, exactly?
Sounds like something I might need to pick up.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Captain Invictus posted:

Vic Viper. Nnenn, the brilliant Lego artist who was killed in a car accident earlier this year, had a particular addiction for building Vic Vipers. It spawned a tradition.

Click here for the full 1280x856 image.

I am always left confused as to what does and does not constitute a Vic Viper. Anyone wanna fill me in?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

InfinEight posted:

Nice, high-res Ninjago pics. Throwing stars, samurai helmets, new skeletons? There goes all my money for next year.

Wow, the possibilities for using those nunchuck handles are endless.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
How the hell did this slip past me?
This thing kicks rear end.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I am sick of not being able to get the minifigs.
The only place that carries them around here is Toys R Us, and I'm not paying that much for them.
I got lucky because Target had series 2 at Halloween.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

InfinEight posted:

That's about $230 in Lego since the beginning of November. 'Consumer Whore' mode, activate!

Don't feel too bad. I'm already $100 into December, and it's only been 11 days.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

ireladd posted:

So I put up a post on Craigslist the other night about a bulk lot of LEGO I was selling and a guy shoots me an email expressing interest. I'm looking at the name and it's somewhat familiar but I just can't place it. Then a few minutes later, it dawned on me. I was contacted by one of the main writers/senior producer of Futurama!

He came over, we joked around a bit, talking about the show and a few other things, then he paid for the bricks and told me that once they get going with production again in March that I need to email him so that I can come to a table read with everyone. :)

Sometimes I really love living in LA.

LEGO. What CAN'T it do? :allears:

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Yeah, so I am in some kind of S3 mini black hole here.
I was out Christmas shopping today and stopped in 3 toy stores, including a TRU and they all have big displays of S2 but no sign of S3. :sigh:

InfinEight posted:

Undercover cruiser

I know LEGO sets have stupid names in general, but I don't get what is "undercover" about the Undercover Cruiser.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Veeb0rg posted:

Normal > Duplo > Quatro > ???

OCTO!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Finally scored some S3 minifigs.
Got 2 K-Feds, 2 Baseballers, an Elf, a Tennis Player, a Hula Girl, and 3 Mummies.
I didn't mind a bit about the dupes on the baseballer and rapper, but the 3 mummies kinda blows.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

kensei posted:

I need a rapper! If want to sell/trade let me know!

Sorry, I actually want at least 1 more rapper.
I got loads of loving hula girls, mummies and tennis players though :argh:

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Guzwar posted:

Hoooooly balls, a medieval mill, a new City harbour, and a new Technic Super-fuckin'-car :flashfap:

What? Where?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

:cry: nothing there!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Man, I'd better jump on the market village before it's discontinued.
Then get that loving windmill. Oh my god.

Also psyched because they're mainstreaming that ray gun accessory.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I got a really bad luck streak with my latest minifig haul.
4 loving racecar drivers. What the gently caress am I supposed to do with these? Nobody wants them, so I can't even trade or sell 'em.
Plus two more mummies which brings the grand total to 6.
:sigh:
At least I got a Blacktron Cyborg.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Testro posted:

On an MOC point, has anyone got any recommendations of which sets to get to help MOCs along? For reference, I've got mostly pirate sets so I've always been a bit dubious how helpful a bunch of primary coloured 4 x 2 bricks would be in doing MOCs. Or does it make more sense to buy a couple of each set so you've got the 'right' bricks? Or is buying individual bricks the better answer?

Creator sets are full of the most versatile pieces. Just buy a set with colors you like. It's that simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
So I bought Flying Mummy Attack yesterday and I love the plane. Especially the RAF symbols, which caused me to do what I almost never do and actually apply the stickers.
But there is one thing that bugs me about it.
How is the pilot supposed to see where he is going? It's just a solid wall in front of the cockpit.
(I do realize how silly it is to bring up BTW)