Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

moana posted:

My daughter dumped all of her savings from her piggy bank onto her bed and was counting it all up. I asked her what she was planning to buy and she pulled out her Lego pricelist of planned purchases. She just got the cat playhouse today. Theater is next.

If it's the Lego Friends Andrea's Theater, it's a great build and my daughter loves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

hellotoothpaste posted:

I just truly finished the Home Alone set, treehouse and fake basement and all. Anyone got a suggestion of how to install some boss LEGO shelves that could accomodate something like that set? “oh, it’s just a flat house”, “oh, it has a back staircase and fake basement”, “oh, it has a treehouse with a zipline” sort of shelving? I love the IDEA (yuk yuk) but goddamnit who gave these IDEAs people infinite XxY pixels haha

When our kids aren't playing with it, we put it on one of our shelves in the room with the LEGO. But we take the kitchen/basement module off the house and put it on the side because it's too deep otherwise. The shelves we have are 4' wide and 10" deep, we have 9 in the room (3 on each wall), and they display various memorabilia and LEGO sets we don't want the kids touching.

The Home Alone house was a family build and probably our second favorite so far (the Super Mario 64 Question Mark Block being our favorite).

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 17, 2024

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Over the weekend, I was helping my parents clean out their clutter in the attic and basement, and I brought home a giant tub of old Lego that I didn't realize they had kept in the attic. They're dirty, though, so I want to clean them before I sort through and add them to our collection for the kids to play with. The link in the OP mentions Top Loading washers only. Could I feasibly clean them in a Front Load washer or even a dishwasher? This is a lot of Lego and cleaning by hand would take me a long time. I don't believe there are any full sets of classic models, just a lot of partial sets and loose pieces my mom picked up from garage sales when we were kids. I don't care too much if pieces get banged up or broken because my parents would have sold them for pennies on FB marketplace eventually anyway.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Thanks all. I'll go the route of putting them in laundry bags in the dishwasher.

Edit: VVVVV or maybe I'll try both and see which one cleans better?

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 14, 2024