Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

When the new Imperial Shuttle comes out I am buying that thing and then locking myself away for weeks until I have MOC'ed up a complete hangar-scene diorama with it. Moff Jerjerrod will be promising to redouble his efforts to get the Brickstar built in my den or I will simply not be satisfied with my Lego skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Sham I Am posted:

So you buy bricks to replace the bricks you just sold? Or are you buying and selling used kits?

It's more like "buy two copies of set, build one, wait for the set to go out of production or stop being available at retail outlets, then sell the second set at a markup that covers at least the cost of both."

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Catsworth posted:

I called TRU but they said they won't be out until August 6th despite it being for sale on the site.

Just ordered a Hoth Wampa Cave and a Slave I from the site and they've already shipped with a delivery date of August 3rd, even though I only chose Standard Shipping. Also you get free shipping on orders over $100 right now, so buying online may be your best option.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

Does anyone subscribe to Brickmaster magazine? Is it worth it content/sets-wise?

I do. I like it, but then again I primarily subscribe to it because I play Lego with my Little Brother (as in, in Big Brothers, Big Sisters little brother) all the time since I managed to net a smart kid this year. I primarily like the "suggested alternate builds" they do where they pick a popular set and come up with something cool to build that isn't included in the normal plans. The exclusive sets are pretty cool too, I guess. Just got a Lambda-class Imperial shuttle the other day that I have yet to build.

I guess it all really depends on how you value $40.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

toaster_pastry posted:

Thanks for the fun thread, everyone. It's cool to see what everyone is working on and it convinced me to pick up a few toys off the lego website.

I was disappointed to see that the Millennium Falcon isn't available from the lego website. Was it discontinued?

What's up Stormtrooper Keychain buddy!? :) :respek: :)

Gets me a lot more "oh do you build Lego" questions on the side walk than I imagined it would.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

I also voted Star Trek so that I can finally settle the Star Trek vs. Star Wars debate the only way I know how: with mock Lego battles.

Though Lego Ghostbusters would be pretty loving awesome as well. Unfortunately, given the popular culture of today, the likely winner is Avatar, which means I'll have to hang my head in shame every time I go into the Lego aisle in the future.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

EvilRic posted:

He must have way better contacts with Lego or just have access to more Lego because of Lego Land Windsor I suppose.

Also it could just be that he's not a hack like the retards who make Mythbusters are.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh boy, what is this all about?

Angry about PSEUDOSCIENCE.

To contribute, though, I got the new Shuttle Adventure and it's sitting on my dresser just begging to be built. I am so freaking excited to put this sucker together, but I also have a new Slave I to build. Decisions! I am bad at them!

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

tonelok posted:

Flying Mummy Attack :3:

Holy crap. When did this Pharoah's Quest series suddenly come out? I want that Biplane sooooo bad. Kinda reminds me of that Johnny Thunder series they did back in the day. I still have all of those sets and love looking at them from time to time. The little details were just awesome. Easily cooler than the actual Indiana Jones sets, and they were pretty obviously a ripoff of the whole Great White Hunter/Treasure Hunting Hero genre.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

The Galidor Thread.

Anything's better than Mega Bloks, man.

e: Aw, Christ what a terrible new page first post.
e2: Nooooooooooooo! :argh: What have I done?!

That Awful Nick fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 8, 2011

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The more I see of Alien Conquest, the more I feel like I need to buy every set. This is not good. :ohdear:

Some guy's got some great pics of the 2011 sets from NYTF.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/sets/ (Alien Conquest on page 2)

The little human defense guys have the coolest outfits. Those helmets look awesome, and I'm really warming up to the baby blue combat fatigues. I'm definitely dropping a few paychecks into those sets.

I am going to be playing tabletop X-Com Lego for the rest of my days.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Travis343 posted:

It's a guy in a dinosaur suit, the Godzilla to the series 3 Gorilla Man's King Kong, if you will.

You could probably use the head to make a Gorn pretty easily, though.

It looks so much like Hannibal Smith from the A-Team in his Aquamaniac suit. Going to buy it just for that and then make a full A-Team custom minifig set. Then maybe think about making the van. Ho man. This is spawning bad urges.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

radd posted:

10221 Super Star Destroyer box photos...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/5840839429/

That is sexy as hell. And it's just the motivation I need to finish my Imperial Shuttle. Can't buy the Executor if I haven't finished the Shuttle!

I love Star Wars Lego. :3:

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Seriously don't buy Star Wars Lego until it's on sale at TRU or Lego.com or something. On its own, it's ridiculously overpriced, but if you can get it on a buy one get 50% off sale or similar, it's at least reasonably cost effective. And NEVER buy sets when they first come out. There will be plenty of them at your local TRU, and you'll be able to snag them on sale regardless of how Lego-friendly your local community is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

I'm so freaking excited for the return of Coast Guard in June.

Also loving any/every opportunity to expand on my Star Wars Hoth diorama.