Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Using BrickArms stuff is just as bad as using MegaBloks. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Does anyone know if Cad Bane's Speeder is out, and if so where? Google search gives me a shop.lego page, but it's not available in the US. I thought the rumor was that it would be a Target exclusive? I'm hoping I can make up most of the cost by selling the minifigs, because the speeder itself looks pretty cool.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
There are Lego...outlets? As in Lego at a discount price from the source? :aaa:

I must know where one is.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Are the second wave Star Wars sets in Lego stores yet? If I'm going to be paying retail for them, I might as well buy them where I get VIP points.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Mascot posted:

Made a trip to the imagination center in Downtown Disney and came home with the new Slave 1. It's amazing...so much more detail and way better designed than the previous versions. It's one of the first sets to use flick-fire missiles in a manner that doesn't bother me.

Only bad thing was that yesterday was the last day for the classic spaceman magnet promotion...not that it would have mattered...the manager said they'd been out of them for about two weeks.

So yeah...if you're on the fence about this set, go buy it. Totally worth it.

I also recently bought this set (but I got my spaceman), and while expensive, it is a gorgeous model. My only complaint is the completely empty cockpit and useless spinning chair.

Even the price isn't that bad if you're planning on selling the new Boba fig. They're making at least $25 on ebay.

Buy it for the model, buy it for Bossk, sell the new Boba. The original is still the best anyway:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
edit nvm

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I loved technic as a kid, so when Throwbots and Bionicle came out every penny I earned went toward it. For a kid, it's the best thing. Lego, Technic, and action figures.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'd love to see a return of the Batman line.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

President Kucinich posted:

This was posted in the comments.

http://spacepolice.lego.com/en-us/products/5984.aspx

I could see why someone might make a fuss out of this.

Best $40 I've ever spent.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The more I see of Alien Conquest, the more I feel like I need to buy every set. This is not good. :ohdear:

Some guy's got some great pics of the 2011 sets from NYTF.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/sets/ (Alien Conquest on page 2)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

ZarathustraFollower posted:

That is actually a cool looking set if you don't use the stickers. (Those had better be stickers.)
According to Brickset, they're printed.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Saint Sputnik posted:

I really hate pop music.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

IIRC, they started with the non-yellow minifigs when they starteed releasing models based on The Clone Wars animated series, they also made the faces more detailed.
I actually hadn't noticed it had 'spread' to all of Star Wars until now. I don't like it.

The TCW figs are extremely creepy looking.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I don't understand the rationale behind using that one-piece cockpit. It can only ever be a cockpit or voltron foot of some kind.

I'm sure someone will prove me wrong though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I just turned mine into a Spitfire.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Travis343 posted:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040143?categoryid=13&cs=1&cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews

Word from ComicCon, Lego gets full DC Superheroes license. Personally I can't wait for the Green Lantern set, which will hopefully just be a minifig and a poo poo-load of trans green to make whatever you want.

gently caress you Lego, stop trying to steal all my money.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Has anyone bought the new Naboo Starfighter set? I want it so bad, but the piece count is terrible for the cost.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Fantastic, Lego. You've managed to remind me of the nightmares I forgot I used to have after watching too much X-Files as a kid. :ohdear:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Man, I want the three FLW Architecture sets so bad, but they're crazy overpriced. Has anyone ever seen them on sale?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That phone, man.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

The instructions are usually available online, you could try building it yourself?

Unless you already have the parts, it's only $10-$20 cheaper to order the individual bricks off the internet.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
As a disgruntled Office Depot employee, I can tell you that these things are absolute poo poo. I wouldn't trust them to hold feathers, much less lego instructions. They break if you look at them wrong.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Are we ever getting more SP3 sets or are they finished?

Also, where are you guys finding these prototype shots?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I wasn't expecting sets from The Old Republic. That could be awesome.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Merchant of Death posted:

The TIE Fury is from the EU Legacy era thats 140 years after the battle of yavin not from Knights of the Old Republic. It is actaully pretty interesting to look at but depends on how the final version is.

EDIT: Maybe not, apparently that a tie predator. weird as hell http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Predator-class_fighter

The two sets in that vid are the starter ships for each faction in TOR.

I want an Ebon Hawk so drat bad.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Kids today don't like the OT. Some have never even seen it. :smith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Sockser posted:

:shobon:

It's a stupid loving set.
Shut your whore mouth. This was my first Mindstorms set and it was awesome. :colbert:

I ordered the UCS Obi-Wan's Starfighter last week when it was half off on Amazon and started building it tonight. I didn't realize how loving gigantic it is. No idea where I'm going to display it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Sockser posted:

Can't program it and the built in programsets are loving useless except for the light-reactive one.

and it only has one motor output!

Here I am, spending all my combined Christmas and birthday money to buy one sweet-rear end lego set and I get that stupid thing. Ugh.

But you had an R2-D2 rolling and beeping around your house. How is that not every young nerd's dream?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Frozen-Solid posted:

Millennium Falcon complete! :dance:

It had lots of really awesome new pieces I haven't seen before, one of the most original and awesome ways to make a satellite dish, great minifigs, and it was really fun to put together. :3:

This is awesome, but I still love my "10 pieces and done" 90's Falcon.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

youareoffthehook posted:

It is 30%, and then there's a day every quarter where we get 50%.

holy poo poo :ohdear:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I like the "we didn't rip you off, some of our studs are hollow!" pieces.

drat, they even ripped off some of the "special" Lego pieces. Check out the thighs and codpiece.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Every single megathread that's been moved out of GBS has had a serious decrease in activity. :ohdear:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I want that Y-Wing and the TIE Fighter so bad but they're just too loving expensive.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Star-Wars-ByTheme?_requestid=2099049

X-Wing is $60, Y-Wing is $50, TIE is $55.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I guess you have to share hammocks in the 3 person LEM.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I can't imagine how soul-crushingly repetitive those cheese slopes must be.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Anyone know if the Shuttle set will still be around in March? I'm basically broke until then.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

runwiled posted:

If it hasn't been changed the store is legally bound to sell it for whatever price advertised.

Please don't do this. Working retail is miserable enough without people being cocks about this kind of thing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Flavor Bear posted:

They're gonna be TRU exclusives :(

WHAT

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

So, any idea what I just scored from a Goodwill?

90's LEGO MANIA heaven, that's what.