Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

children overboard
Apr 3, 2009
I can't help but feel the new Space Police series is promoting prejudice. It seems a bit too 1950s Alabama that all the police are caucasian and all the "bad guys" are a little bit "different".

Look.

Cops get heavy on an alien just because he's got a gun. Nevermind that the cops are all armed to the teeth, no. An alien with a gun, that's a real worry, lock him up boys (oh, and that little B on the alien's chest stands for BLACKtron to push home the racial metaphor).

Space pimp. We all know that he's just filling a void in the economy created by overzealous anti-prostitution laws. Don't target space pimp, he's merely the supplier. Legalise and regulate the industry and you'll remove the need for illegal prostitution and unsavoury characters like space pimp, without the need for expensive incarceration which only exacerbates his [or its] criminality.

Then there's this one. That's a shark dude in that containment cell, in case you can't see. Humans have been persecuting sharks for decades because they 'look scary' to us, even though more people are killed every year by space bees/falling space soda machines/other innocuous phenomena that's actually pretty deadly when you look at the numbers. This shark dude's imprisonment is a damning indictment of the human psyche, to fear the alien without regard to logic, facts and statistics.

Then there's this guy. I dunno maybe his species can only eat gold or something so when humans showed up and turned it into the currency, his people started to starve. I'm not sure but OPEN YOUR MINDS PEOPLE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

children overboard
Apr 3, 2009

NO! I kept looking at this and saying "NO!" because I know I will never make anything this good in my life, not even if I have children who win the nobel prize.