Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009

AstroZamboni posted:

Here's just a reminder to everybody that there IS a LEGOon Facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/!/group.php?gid=366643206503

Request sent!

Stopped by the Tysons Corner LEGO Store today and scored two of the special edition space minifigs (being given out with purchases of $75 or more) because I know one of the managers. If any NoVA goons are curious, they've recently switched a lot of sand and green bricks and plates into the PAB wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009

Ted Stevens posted:

Aw man, if only I knew about that going on. I live about 40 minutes away from there. I would have gone there and checked it out. It looked pretty sweet.

I found out about it the day before, so I was there. A lot of very cool stuff. I also managed to find an unopened Indiana Jones Jungle Cutter set from one of the vendors. It did get fairly crowded, though.

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009

RKOMG! posted:

Jesus, they've got to lay the place out in such a way that it isn't utter chaos.

Agreed. It was a complete mess about 15 minutes after the doors opened. Even more so if you went over into the vendor's corner after the first 45 minutes or so.

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009
So I finally broke down and bought the Imperial Flagship set today. Spent 9 hours sitting on the living room floor with a pile of pieces putting it together. I must say, it was quite an awesome build and has a ton of detail. Now I just need to dig out the directions and build my Black Seas Barracuda from 1989 to sit next to it. The double VIP points I got from it didn't hurt.

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

If we're talking about baby's first Lego, this was mine:

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=483-1

Yeah my dad started me out when I was old enough to just shove all the pieces in my mouth and chew.

My first set was the first release of the Black Seas Barracuda from 1989 (I was 2), because my dad is awesome :smug:.

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009
For any NoVa goons, the Tysons Corner LEGO store found a pile of set 8080 Undersea Explorer and they've put them out for $11.98. Well worth the investment. They also have another mid-sized Atlantis set from last year for $8, but I forgot what the name is.

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009

Togaparty27 posted:

OK! I Love Lego's!!! Dang that feels sooo much better!

First step's always the hardest. Now go get some sets and just start building. It's gotten to the point for me that my wife and in-laws usually just get me LEGO for holidays, since they know it's a safe gift that I'll definitely love. I just got some dinosaur sets for my birthday, and I have to admit, I kinda like the dinosaur figures, even if they're mainly one giant piece with legs and a head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009

Torael_7 posted:

I solved the "first step's the hardest" problem by just up and buying literally a thousand dollars worth of bulk by the pound lego as well as some sets in one go. Don't ease into it, go big or go home :colbert:

Although, I was into it as a kid, so I guess that was really the first step...

I have tons of LEGO from when I was a kid. And I've bought a whole lot more since then. I think my wife would really like her dining room table back at some point.