Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I have all these legos of various sets and such and.. I suck at building stuff! I sat down with a small tub of legos just going through them and seeing what I can do, and nothing was really clicking.

Help me goons, how did you learn to lego?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Captain Invictus posted:

Don't start that again. Regardless of your opinion, Bionicle was incredibly helpful and influential for Lego in the first few years and really helped them survive the near-collapse they had at the turn of the millennium. The kits were mostly existing bricks with a few key new pieces such as masks, heads, limbs, and the MOC-revolutionizing ball joints and sockets. They were specifically marketed as "buildable action figures", too, so your toys with detachable body parts thing was sorta what they were going for all along.

But those Toa...after the Rahkshi or maybe Metru Nui, things really went downhill I guess. Although I'll definitely be ordering a few 50% off Scopios and Cendoxs for parts, especially tank treads. And a King's Sword too, because if there's one thing I've learned from my Onua Nuva Lego foam chainsaw, it's that they make EXCELLENT bugswatters. You don't even have to hit a hornet in midair when you swing one of those things, the sheer force from it will kill it right out of the air.

edit: 2 Skopios, 5 Cendox, 2 King's Swords. Some bought for gifts for kids. :c00l:

I have the first 3 movies and comics from the first one until somewhere way ahead. I have a ton of their toys and they were really great compared to a lot of the other frustrate-inducing LEGO counterparts.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Captain Invictus posted:

I have to reiterate what I said in this prior post because in hindsight it's not entirely clear:

The problem I have isn't that they're crazy overgreebly machines. The issue is that those two green guys are the same character. And the red guy? That's Tahu. This is what he used to look like:

Never have I thought the age-old design mantra "Keep It Simple, Stupid" was more appropriate.

Without knowing the name I did a google search close enough to it and got a related image (text on that image, not so much)

I think this was when Bionicle went downhill. These guys were the pinnacle of awesome bionicle stuff and they were my personal favorite. After that, I don't know :sigh:.