Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010
So is this just an OCD Lego nerd thread? I'm way into Legos, I use them for my job, I teach kids how to use them properly, but I'm not excited about the decoration pieces the way you guys are. I'm much more interested in how Legos can be used to express engineering ideas and actually DO things.

Some MOC's I've made:
motorized & hand-controlled tower crane with block & tackle, moving trolley, rotating boom, trussed tower.
motorized car with rack & pinion steering, 2-speed transmission, rear differential - all operable from remote.
motorized pneumatic robot arm, complete with creepy life-like grip.
motorized telescopic handler with pneumatic controls, accumulators, skid-steer drive system.
elevators, conveyor belts, transmissions, battle trains, race cars, top spinners, inchworms, gondolas, etc.
many many more...

I'd be happy to share some of my creations, but I'm afraid it'll get lost among all the fancy spaceships and other crap (sorry, that's just one guy's opinion).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU