Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Hmm, seeing that list of superheros suggests to me that this could turn out to be another collectable minifigs style deal where you get a random superhero in a packet. It might be a bit easy to find the Hulk though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

beato posted:

As promised, here are better photos of the Delorean my sister bought me.

That is awesome, do I see a custom themed box in the background too ?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

I think its a fake, Sherlock has already been done and the vampire lady / swamp beast are in the new Monster Hunters line.

I remember seeing some of these designs in some Lego designers portfolio, including lots of minifigs that are now in the CMF series. I can't for the life of me find it on a google search, but I am sure some other goon will know what I am talking about and provide a link.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Oh man it even has the targeting computer in the cockpit. I suddenly want to replace my 2011 X-wing I have on my work desk now.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Ignimbrite posted:

I picked up 5 minifigure packs today for a whopping $1 off per package. Felt out a sad clown / mime / pagliacci which I've been after, but I've yet to find the two I'm really after from this series, the cute librarian and the bumblebee girl. I would have thought the bumblebee girl would be easy to feel for but I have not felt a single set of wings or her helmet yet.

I almost feel bad telling you that the only 2 minifigs I have bought recently were librarian and bee girl. I would offer them you but the dollar sign suggests you are in the US.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The animation in this is brilliant, I think they way they have made the bricks appear worn with scuffs on them etc is wonderful and really sets it apart from other CGI movies I have seen. I am also loving Will Arnett as Batman. This looks like it could be a fun movie, I wish I had children so I wouldn't look like a creeper going to see it at the cinema. I don't think theres any chance I could convince my partner to come with me.

It must be a given they will be making sets to go alongside this right ? Are there any pics anywhere ?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Tkytko posted:

I ordered these trans-pink fin things

Which set are these things from ? they look cool. I am looking forward to seeing your final ship.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Tkytko posted:

They are actually only found in one Belville set.

Haha oh lord, to bricklink I shall go then. I have a serious lego fetish for the aquatic style bits and bobs, but I think I might just have to let that set slide.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yeah, it's mine. I was just inspired by all the Western posts on the last page and knocked them up. The Lone Ranger line was a god send for Western fans. Wish I had a flesh head to make the doctor though.

I like how you used the Blackbeard head for Al. I wonder if it was designed with that idea in mind, as the actual minifig has a giant moulded beard covering it.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

So the Simpsons minifigs have been revealed on the LEGO facebook page:

I think I like Mr. Burns the best, though Abe is a close second. Still I am not sure if I will get any, purely because I am a Space/Castle guy and I don't think any of them will yield useful parts for me.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Merchant of Death posted:

I liked the house, but not enough to buy it and regret not getting it in the future and as for the minifigures they look better than the figures in the house which is silly except for maggie.

I think it is obvious they put the "eyes half" shut figs in with the house in order to make more people buy the good looking ones in the blind bags. Smart move I guess.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The next set of the collectable guys, I think the best one is the Hun warrior or maybe the wizard.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

UK goon here, I have got so many copies of the PIG guy from the recent series that I want to trade. Anyone looking for the PIG ?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Why don't you put her on once of these coloured in black ?

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3794

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

That's pretty cool...some of those sets look great, and you can see how a few of them inspired later sets (like the Solar Snooper in second gen Space Police.)

The space police have such a boss colour scheme. To me it screams authoritarian fascist rear end in a top hat faction. That trans-green curvy piece near the cockpit is really cool, I don't think it is used anymore.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The coolest thing is that all the minifigures have the generic smile. Love it, makes me wish I had room in my flat to have modulars.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The goblin and the evil mage look so cool!

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The baseplates they are on look very cool, will they deviate from the "black 3 *4 plate" for this one?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

His feedback profile says he has 2 negative reviews both saying his is a scammer and both were for large lego sets. I wouldn't send him any money if I were you.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Cloks posted:

I have the chance to buy a big bag of 100ish minifigs for 250. It looks to have a fair amount of Harry Potter figures and I saw some Avatar and CMF's as well. Does this sound like a good deal if I keep the few I want and sell the rest?

I think you could make a good return if you sift out the valuable ones. Some of the Harry Potter figs and the Star Wars ones are worth quite a bit. If you make a bricklink account I think you can make a list of what you have, then you can try to sort it by the most valuable ones.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

And here is Series II of the Simpsons figures. Personally I don't like the Simpsons stuff, but I can appreciate how well done lots of these guys are. I wasn't expecting Hans Moleman.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

I piled the entire Death Star into the 4 boxes it came in. After spending an hour putting together the minifigures I thought maybe I had made a mistake. In total it took me nearly a month of on and off building in the evening with my girlfriend to assemble it. Somehow it seems better that way.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

kensei posted:

If anyone in the UK would want to be so kind as to grab a Joker bag and mail it to the US, I would pay for postage/forums thing. I've done this both ways with UK goons with success before.

Hey I got two of the Joker bags today knowing he would be popular enough someone might want to do this. Don't have PM's on the forum, but if you email me at this address but backwards we can sort it out!

Moc.liamg@56eloplawsamoht

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

EDIT: There is a ninja with a wooden rocket pack. :kimchi: I want this so badly but don't have the cash to blow.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/1187_Glider

There is 0 % chance that this isn't a call back to the late 90's ninja theme...

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Dogen posted:

My favorite thing about the new Naboo fighter was actually all the little crap it comes with like the weapon cart and stairs, which you usually don't get with spaceships.

Gotta hit that piece count to charge £50 or whatever!

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Jang is fantastic and you can tell he really loves Lego. The other one, I think its BrickShow is garbage and obviously just a way for them to make money.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

For any UK Legoons, Tesco Direct have an offer right now where you get 1500 club card points if you spend 75 on Lego. They have the new StarWars sets and some marvel stuff seems to be lower than rrp (ant man battle was £16).

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Someone over at Eurobricks discovered little photos of the new 2016 Star Wars sets in a cache...

I am surprised to see a Greedo figure in the "battle back", they haven't given a cheap way to get one of those aliens before. I really didn't expect the "Bespin" set to be so ... spartan either. I thought that it would be a good opportunity to have a Bespin Luke and the new Darth Vader in a duel scence. There was a cheapish set with Boba Fett a few years ago (Jabba's skiff) so not sure why he is here, yet again. The brick built freezing chamber itself looks pretty cool though. I wonder if Lego is gearing up for a large Bespin set?

mitochondritom fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Oct 11, 2015

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

You definitely will

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Where is the tank thing they put all the ghosts in?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

I absolutely do not understand the appeal of blind anything. Just show me what I'm buying. I don't want to spend 4 dollars on something I already own because "woo it's a surprise"

Don't be too shocked and spill mountain dew all over your jorts with this next statement, but Lego, the toy, is actually aimed at Children. Children often like surprises.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

EDIT: OK it does still have soldiers, but they're v. outnumbered.

The peasants are revolting!

I almost bought this one when I was deep in the dark ages, I wish I did because now its really expensive.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

No arm printing, no dual molding on Kenobi's legs, no new pieces used to smooth out the sides, exact same interior nearly. Wow. After this and Hoth Star Wars fans will be pissed.

As with the Hoth set I really think the jorts contingent should get a grip. I read somewhere that AFOL sales make up ~ 5 % of the total and that should be bought up every single time someone rants about how they are being snubbed or that Lego is "lazy". As far as I can tell Lego haven't officially acknowledged its existence yet so anyone who built (lol) this up in their minds to be some grand reimagining or even a Rogue One Death Star was really setting themselves up for disappointment. The reality is probably that they make new molds for Vader's helmet, some parts don't get made anymore etc and rather than silently replace them keeping the same set number a "new" set was made. Remembering back to its release the Death Star was pretty much considered to be one of the best sets ever, funny that in 2016 its now a huge disappointment.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

You really like running that jorts joke into the ground don't you?

Don't worry I am sure your mum thinks they are a great fashion accessory mate.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

I don't know, but no matter how corny a joke is the guy complaining about it is always going to be worse? Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

VaultAggie posted:

I'd love for the ucs falcon reissue but if I had my choice, I'd want a reissue of the ucs blockade runner. That thing is god drat gorgeous and with the bricks they have now, it would look fantastic.

That would be really cool. There hasn't been a normal minifigure scale one for a while though either. The pipedream for me is to have a minifigure or UCS scale Lady Luck, but I know it will never happen because of EU and Disney etc.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

But you consider your asinine replies to a single word joke in a paragraph of text to not be a complete waste of bytes? It really upset you didn't it?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Norns posted:

I'm not familiar. I always assumed it was some "lol Kevin Smith is fat" poo poo.

It was someone raging about "jort wearing" AFOLs basically being insufferable to be near in toyshops. Then jorts became a sort of thread in-joke for anyone taking Lego a bit too seriously. Its usage appears to offend people, beware.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

No rage at all, and it's really creepy/sad that you guys keep needing to characterize the idea of "share access to toys with children" as only possibly coming from some slavering strawman. All I said initially was "hey maybe don't buy the entire case" and you guys have responded like giant embarrassing cliches. Reminder that that one hoardy dude literally argued that minifigs aren't for children.

Not everyone on earth is a guy, autist.

All I wanted was to make a simple request that you guys maybe be more considerate of children when you pursue your manchild hobby. Clearly that was way too much to ask, so I apologize. Please at least remember to wash the cum out of your jorts before you go to Toys R Us to tongue the blind bags looking for your tiny plastic waifus, because it leads to those of us adults not on the sex offender list having to answer a lot of uncomfortable questions.

I think it was this one, after a quick thread search. Actually re-reading it now I still find it funny how someone can get so worked up over Lego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

That Avengers base thing is sweet, is it based on someones MOC? Its a pretty good effort for a knock-off make in any case, they must have an AFOL on staff at "SY369"