Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I don't know if anyone's posted this yet. http://www.ikros.net/ This site has a fairly entertaining story done with legos and some of his creations are really neat and well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I want that drat sailor so bad.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Just got this baby in the mail

I've wanted this thing for years but never got around to buying it.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That's beautiful. At first I didn't even realize it was a Lego because the details put into the trees and bushes are that good.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Holy gently caress that dwarf/viking looks so :black101: The graduate and the cave woman look pretty rad too. It looks like they're repeating some figures though like the pop star and the snowboarder.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

PeePot posted:

I restrict myself to Hoth sets, much more affordable.

I might pick up a couple of the Angler Attack sets, I was going to complain that it only has 3 of the column pieces, but I just noticed this was coming out soon...

:swoon: That set is incredible; the color scheme combined with those awesome minifigs means I'll be picking that set up sometime soon.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Travis343 posted:

Hey, I built this thing:

It's a weapon/armor store, the type a band of RPG heroes might wander into to purchase a slightly better sword than the weapon store in the last town sold.
There's more pictures on my Lego castle tumblr which is pretty new but I guess I might as well link it.

The shield wall is my favorite part, i think.

That is really neat! Where did you get the long pike thats hanging on the wall?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
The Space Limo is really awesome and looks great over my bed. Those are some really nice pictures too.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Is it bad that I have eight Lego keychains and only two keys on my key ring? I can't help but buy another one every time I walk into a Lego store.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

I hate you so much right now... I had my hopes up really high until I got to the end.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Oh dear.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10221-1

Edit: In case the image gets taken down; the next UCS set will be the Super Star Destroyer.

Welp, gently caress, there goes some of my money. The SSD is too loving cool not to have.

edit: Aww, just look at the little baby star destroyer with it. :3:

VaultAggie fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 13, 2011

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
drat I need that Cleopatra and the British guard.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I just bought a handful of series 4 at a Lego store and I received two ice skaters. How the hell are you supposed to put the ice skaters dress on her? It's really awkward and the pictures doesn't help much. :(

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Dame Cook posted:

Middle hole on one leg from the side, both end holes on the other leg from front and back, which should create the two 90 degree angles that make it wrap around. Like the vampire cloak, it takes a bit of practice to get it without wrinkles.

Thank you so much. I knew there had to be a trick but I was totally lost.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

radd posted:

10221 Super Star Destroyer box photos...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/5840839429/

:swoon: That is beautiful and I can't wait to throw that alongside my star destroyer.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Revol posted:

The one thing I don't like about the new faces they make is how sooooo many of them have a poo poo-eating smirk.

:smug:, but in lego form. I actually like it that way. All the older figures had perpetual smiles and having people that look like douche bags in way more fun, in my opinion.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Just found this treasure at a yard sale for about 5$. It was missing some pieces but it still looks great. I love all the little traps and hidden treasure inside the set itself.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
^^^
Now I want to see your Final Fantasy x-2 LP in lego form.

ireladd posted:

What pieces are you missing? I bought a bulk bin of Lego from a yard sale back last summer and found a fair number of pieces from that set, but not enough to really build it substantially. I'd be happy to send them to you.

That's ok, it's mainly structural parts that I was able to fill in. Much appreciated, though!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Concerning the VIP vote, I put mine towards the zombie. It was a toss between the zombie, the spartan and the pharaoh.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Revol posted:

Joining the Architecture line this September is the Robie House.

drat, that looks really nice. I love the architecture line but they're both overpriced and no fun to play with. Just nice-looking decoration that costs a fortune.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Well I went digging in my attic earlier today to find some paperwork and I found a stash of legos hidden away in a corner. I'll dig through the rest later this weekend but I built this tonight, albeit missing several pieces.

The thing is pretty cool and there's a lot to do with it but it's so drat fragile, especially the center support. However, I was able to add some supporting sets to the hospital.
This

and this.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

cheetah7071 posted:

So I'm looking to relive some childhood nostalgia and get a lego set, but all the good looking models seem to be in the $100+ range. I'm not looking to make my own art or anything, just toss together what the manual specifies and put it on a shelf or something. Are there any nice-looking sets people can recommend that are more in the $50 price range?

I don't know which series you liked but this one seems to be pretty popular and has a cool design.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/7051_Tripod_Invader

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Have the series 5 minifigures reached the U.S. yet? I plan on going to the Lego store at Barton Creek tomorrow and it'd be nice to pick some up.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

kensei posted:

It's available on Amazon.

This looks loving awesome. I'll definitely pick that up. Also, I stopped by the lego store today but they said that since Lego officially releases Series 5 in September, they won't be able to sell them until the release date.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I want that loving teddy bear so bad. :3:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
drat right it is. One of my dudes has a cape, armor and the shoulder pauldrons on.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Those better be real because holy gently caress are those cool. The space marine, the dark knight, Red Riding Hood, Poseidon, the scot and the Aztec warrior are all awesome.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Awesome new thread title. I like the forest rangers but I really want that new ambulance.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

thebushcommander posted:

Sweet lego stop motion Gears of War video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua5qh40x4KA&feature=player_embedded

I saw this in the Gears of War 3 thread and thought it was pretty cool.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I thought the ratio was 10 pieces to a dollar? If so, 700 pieces for 70$ would be decently priced.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Just ordered my star Wars advent calendar and eagerly awaiting its arrival. It'll help the awfulness of finals week, at least.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I really like that micro-scale castle. Micro-scale representations are always appealing to me because the sheer amount of detail that people put into them is astounding. That little rowboat, for example. :3:

VaultAggie fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 3, 2011

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Network42 posted:

I guess I just don't know star wars very well, but what the hell is the advent calendar day 1 supposed to be?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Consular-class_cruiser

It's the ship that Obi-Wan and Qui Gon arrived on in the beginning of Phantom Menace. I modified the radar dish on mine so the large part is protruding out.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Network42 posted:

Pretty disappointed with the advent calandar so far, the first three days are all random extraneous stuff from episode 1. When do I get to Chewbacca and that sweet x-wing?

Chewie isn't until day 6 and the X-wing isn't until day 9. :( Today's thing was loving boring as hell. I did like the Republic cruise ship though.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I'm an experience lego veteran but I had trouble assembling the Slave 1 today for the advent calendar. :negative:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Iveliosiudicium posted:

So far the city advents have been fun. Two figurines, christmas tree, presents and a skateboard, snow ball launcher, and parts of the police station. My son's having a blast.

I wish the star wars one was half as interesting. Although Chewie and the Slave 1 are cool, the other stuff is crap. A chair. Really? :rolleyes:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Well poo poo, there goes all my money. :( I want my lego Helms Deep.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Paul MaudDib posted:

One of the first decent sets I got was the Warp Wing Fighter from the UFO set. After some begging, I also got an Exploriens Starship for Christmas the next year. My sister had a bunch of Insectiod stuff.

Nowadays they just don't seem as cool. Yeah, the Star Wars sets are awesome, the Space Shuttle set looks cool, but the Lego-original themes just seem a lot more bland.

How's it feel to be wrong? :colbert: The entire insect line and alien line were completely awesome and came with tons of cool pieces.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Jut posted:

Argh, while counting down the hours until my Rebel Cruise and Ven Class Frigate arrive tomorrow I thought I'd take another stab at trying to sort out my current collection.

For some back story, 4 years ago I had to move overseas, which resulted in me trying to carefully dismantle my collecion and organising it based on type, stacking like blocks on-top of each other, then when they got too big, separating them into type/colour. The problem is that I ran out of time, chucked the whole bunch into 2 large plastic containers and left it at that.
Every now and again over the last 4 years I've wheeled out the containers and tried to do more sorting. Today I tried again and still am barely half way through sorting this.

I didn't actually want to sort. I wanted to build the episode 1 droid troop carrier thingy, but I couldn't make it past the first page due to not being able to find the parts.
5 hours later and I've hardly made a dent.

Would it be wrong of me to hire some cheap labour and have them do it for me?

Edit: regarding the Warp wing fighter, I have the WWF, Large UFO and the large starfighter with all the fibre optics and it's by far one of the best space series. Really enjoyable builds AFAIC.

You lucky bastard, both those two sets look awesome. Next you need the super star destroyer. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Another Christopher Lee one too; Dooku and now Saruman.