Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Spotted this today.

The creator's flicker has more pictures, and other models too. I really dig his method of creating hewn brick and cobblestone walls.

e: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45244184@N04/with/6797510833/

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Feb 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Ika posted:

That piece exists.

I always assumed they were adding the rounded plates to reduce the chance of scratching stuff with the edges of the plates.

That'd be my guess too. They were on the otherwise flat bottom of the container ship in my harbor set from the early 90's, and it was the only thing that let it glide smoothly over the carpet

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Took me a moment to notice that this castle was actually being stormed by xenomorphs

Only in Lego...

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Humphreys posted:

Randomly came up while watching some Lego videos, much more facinating that I thought. Is it really a thing or did the guy just effort the gently caress out of this video? It's really slick either way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2AbcCbyJ2U

I don't know how an entire youtube channel dedicated to marble sports can exist, but I'm glad it does and has found a way into my life now.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
It had a working sushi belt too, right?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Aquashark was awesome

Also makes for excellent MOCs

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Put it up on ideas maybe as a single set mixing the themes? Didn't the classic space mech come from there?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Brawnfire posted:

Did a pilot shot. Meet "The Ochre Joker" himself, Yella-Bellied Bill "Bruiser" Brannigan née O'Toole II.

This is giving me extreme Taiidan Scout Craft vibes

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Randalor posted:

If it was made recently, the Nexo Knights sets used a decent amount of translucent orange, so outside of the really large pieces, a good chunk could come from that. I think the Knights also used a similar shade of blue to that.

It was made six years ago at least.

I've seen pictures of that build in M-Tron colors too (and iirc other space theme colors too), so the creator may just have a ridiculously large collection of space bricks.

Regardless, those gently caress-off huge wheels are :perfect:

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I may or may not still have a round 1x1 open stud from this set sitting in my stomach.

All those choking and swallowing hazard labels that gets put on everything now? I'm that kid. I'm sorry.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

ivantod posted:

I think most people would consider this a reasonably cool set (the barcode Technic truck) and it used those kinds of connections and they worked quite well:

I'm not 100% sure on it, but I recall LEGO cheapened out a bit on this set by only including one motor despite two being required to operate all the functions, and instead designing the set so that the one motor could be moved from one slot to the other without any disassembly being required.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Does LEGO manufacture their electronics in-house? If not it might be a result of the electronics being contracted out to an external supplier, and each new train set being a new contract. If the supplier is different and/or has to retool for the latest train set release anyway, it might be cheaper to just go with a new design rather than try to achieve compatibility with the electronics of the previous releases.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
If Lego already shipped the package, then it doesn't really seem like the delays after that point is something that's within their power to prevent. It seems pretty natural too that they wouldn't know anything more about it than the company whose care the package actually is in right now. Ecommerce setups usually only have the same tracking number to go by as you do for tracking deliveries by 3rd-party carriers.

Maybe call up the carrier directly and press them for an update or explanation of what the hold-up is about? Could look into what the requirements for declaring the package lost-in-transit are too, in case you don't want to wait and would rather have Lego refund you.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Having grown up across the strait from Middelfart and gone to school there for a year, I can confirm that name is funny to any danes in the know as well, since it translates to 'middle speed' from modern danish and 'middle speed' is something you will consider yourself absolutely blessed for achieving while going through Middelfart.

(The etymology has it refer to the narrowest part of the strait, but gently caress that)

I did find the small museum there about the construction of the strait bridges interesting when I was a kid though.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
If the product line hadn't tested well, they wouldn't have put it out in the first place. It just feels like them covering their rear end against anyone who might think they aren't even trying to make good products

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Habibi posted:

I only saw the image after you'd already edited, so I thought the note was your drunk drawing of a Lego you wanted, and my immediate thought was "Oh that's the Rocinante," because it kinda made sense because the Expanse show thread was just having a nerdgasm the other day over buying instructions and parts to build a Rocinante MOC.

Same, but my initial reactions was instead "That's not Lego, and even if it was Lego sex toys are a bad idea."

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Billund is synonymous with "Lego HQ, Legoland, a major Airport. Oh, and a small town too I suppose." in danish.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The food is shaped like bricks, and parents are not allowed to tell kids to stop playing with it.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Page and tweet appears to be gone again, so probably published early by mistake

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

But does it run DOOM?!

Give it a couple of days.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm kind of surprised LEGO hasn't put out a credit card yet. Most other retailers have them. Seems right up LEGOs alley with the way they are pushing more and more expensive sets for adults.

Poor customers posting online about being hounded into bankruptcy over some debt to a multinational corporation seems like the last thing that a brand-conscious toy company like LEGO wants to deal with.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Overall it wasn't the best showing, but it had a pretty fantastic Villain introduction scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44uywB09zEs

Also, "The Canyon of General Unhappiness" was an incredible joke when you finally catch it.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 15, 2022

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Or a lego frog sculpture made entirely out of smaller lego frogs

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

bloodysabbath posted:

Those JP sets are cool but it’s a little weird that the raptor set is from babby’s first Lego line. What exactly is the overlap between (ostensibly) kids and fans of a 30 year old movie? I would have much rathered a big gently caress off pen for raptors but oh well.

Hits both the kid and the parent who is paying for it, I suppose?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The minifig legs being used for the muffler/exhaust blew my mind.

Out of curiousity, how does the model look from beneath? Was the underside made at all with the intent for it to be seen?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Thanks! It looks a lot cleaner from below than I had imagined it would.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
On that note, I find it kind of amazing that The Lego Group has managed to remain privately-owned this far. If it had been publicly traded, I'm sure Disney would own it already.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Anyone recognise what the Lady of Pain is holding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Looking at the crawler, I love that some imperial engineer looked at the TIE fighter, and went "this is a good starting point for making a land vehicle"