Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Man those city sets are awesome now, I'd love to build a little city block but unfortunately I've not got the space or cash to drop.

That new Slave I would look pretty rad on my desk though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

What's more likely to disappear off shelves first, the UCS TIE Fighter or the Slave I?

I'd love to own both but the budget won't really allow for spending £340 in one go on toys.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

xzzy posted:

Launch was pushed to the 21st, it had a recall to fix a wobbly neck.

UK store still says 1st.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I feel silly but I really hope they release a new UCS Millennium Falcon to match the new old one from Ep. 7.

A manchild can dream.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Deceptive Thinker posted:

This 1000000x - also give it both satellite dishes

Yes!

And an interior this time.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

smackfu posted:

You still can't buy it from Lego. It is listed as coming soon.

Not in the UK it isn't.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

What's the goon verdict on the UCS X-Wing? Decided to give the TIE a miss in favour of wishing they'll make a TIE Interceptor again or a Bomber.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I quite like the X-Wing! It was a fun build, thing is absolutely massive. Only thing that sucks is the cockpit stickers. It's also likely to go out of production soon since it's been around for awhile, so you should probably grab it while you got the chance.

Also worth mentioning is the Tie came out a few months ago, so it's not going away for awhile judging by the UCS X-Wing's lifecycle.

Dang, the Slave I has been out almost a year too, hasn't it? Hope they stick around to Christmas once I've got the spare bonus money.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dogen posted:

UCS that doesn't totally bomb usually lasts 2 years so you're fine

Didn't realise that the X-Wing had been out since 2013, thanks. :shobon:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The early 2000 ninja sets were better anyway. I'd mix them with the Adventurer's sets and it was awesome.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I was going to go to my local Lego store next weekend to pick up the UCS X-Wing when I found out there's a bonus 50 VIP points this month for buying the Slave I that I was saving for Christmas.

Surely the X-Wing won't get discontinued before one of the best retail periods of the year?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

My friends daughter would love the new nexo knight sets. :shrug:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm guessing you mean in the US.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Is this in LEGO Stores too? A tiger, C-3PO, and 50 extra VIP points for buying a Slave I tomorrow would be pretty rad.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

K'nex is awesome and I'll fight you.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So my local lego store rep said they haven't had any X-Wing restocks recently, and only have one left in stock. Seems unlikely to stick around to Christmas.

e: Just found out about the double VIP points nexr weekend but I don't care because I have a Slave I and X-Wing to build, I've been waiting for these sets since I was 10. :monar:

ijyt fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 26, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The Rage posted:

Thinking I need to grab the UCS X-Wing before it retires. None of my local Lego stores have stock anymore so that probably means it's toast soon right?

Yeah its pretty rad. Not even that big a fan of the X-Wing compared to the TIE but the model is neat.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

KingFisher posted:

Do you guys think it would be horrible to buy 6 sets of each of the new Nexo knights, open one and keep 5 for an "investment" ?

Buy Lego sets you like the look of and want to build you weirdo.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Metoron posted:

Please stop moving the Lego thread without prior input from the posters, it doesn't matter how much any of the mods think "Oh the Lego thread will be fun in this forum", it has been previously asked to stop moving the thread because it puts weird expectations on the Lego thread regulars to adapt to a forum culture that they did not ask to be sent to.

I don't even dislike BYOB, I think they're alright people, it's just annoying that we have a mod doing the same thing that the thread asked not to happen again when it was previously sent to the financial forum.

is this a real post lol

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, please de-mod the mod who is abusing their power while you're at it.

hahahahhaa

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I remember an off-brand oil tanker had pieces like that and I treasured them more than any other, so useful.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

The store exclusive Land Rover Defender looks better, IMO, than the icons one.

:psyduck:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I stand by my comment.

I know you can take all the crap off the big one to make it look a bit less like caca but I still don't like it much.

the caca is the cool part

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sivart13 posted:

I was curious about the actual Dreamzzz series and saw the trailer on my youtubes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N9jij7F7kE

looks pretty ehh to me personally, like they made the sets first and then tried to shoehorn them into a narrative. which is fine! but who knows.

I don't know why I held out any hope it could be "good" -- I guess this is what the Lego Ninjago shows look like, or whatever. You could say it's "not for me" but I have a 6yo and there's better TV for us to watch out there than this.

I didn't even realise lego had tv shows lol.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh no, I just saw that the UCS Millennium Falcon is like 20% off… sure that’s not that good a sale and it’s not like I have to jump on that now or anything… right?

I've never seen the price do anything other than go up in the UK :smith:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Wtf I didn't even know that kit came out, and its already retired? Lame as hell.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Zwille posted:

Dont know if this was posted yet but they put Darth Vader and Luke in the Death Star :allears:

hahaha omg that's adorable

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BaconCopter posted:

what an awful first post of the page, have an Galidor

the gently caress is that

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How does a train layout not have public transit?

Freight only. Blame the US.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

RatHat posted:

2660 Pieces
1 currently unknown minifigure
$169.99 USD

Okay then. I guess it’s for people who thought the previous Hogwarts was too big/expensive

wish they'd stop making HP poo poo

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

smackfu posted:

It just irks me that the mega minifig hat brim doesn’t match the minifig version at all.

gonna blow ur mind when I tell you what you can do with lego

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Carbohydrates posted:

Yeah, wow. That's so radically better that it really just focuses the spotlight on how dogshit the official set is.

edit: new thing.

21341 Hocus Pocus: The Sanderson Sisters' Cottage announced!

I feel like, when we used to say that an upcoming set looked more like a MOC, it was a compliment. Not feeling this one. The roof and rear exterior feel unpolished. The detailing is... okay. It's fine. Not as nice as the Blacksmith, which I think is a natural comparison, and quite a bit more expensive.

this is so fuckin good

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

RatHat posted:

Kinda disappointing for that amount of pieces tbh

this looks sick, why is this thread so grouchy lol

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

gently caress yes love this idea, actually meshes so well with the idea of modern art

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TorakFade posted:

sifting through my old Lego boxes, I found this:

I've got rails and I've got the "electrical cable" pieces to hook the rails to that thingie, but it's missing the power adapter. How out of luck am I from 1 to 10? Do I have to find a used, vintage complete package or can I slap a generic, multi-voltage power bricks like the third party ones that're sold for laptops? I mean something like this: https://www.amazon.it/Zolt-Alimenta...9666382&sr=8-13

(by God there are some marvels in there. Dragon knights, a ton of old school minifigs, big bespoke pieces for fancy sets... and I'm fairly certain those 2 boxes aren't everything I actually had as a kid, I bet plenty more stuff was lost/broken over the years, there's way less baseplates than I remember having - tons of Space, Castle, Pirate and City things. Even some American Indians! I was a really spoiled child, indeed)

It should have printed/moulded on it what input it needs - as long as your power supply matches the voltage and amps and has the correct barrel connector you'll be fine.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ew

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Burps were my favourite as a kid. Any build I did for bases or scenery had burps, every time.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

mutata posted:

We just moved into a new place with more space, so I'll soon be able to build this thing again..

Sad we never kept boxes as a kid (small flat, no space). Came home one day from school for that kit to just be waiting for me out of the blue, played with it every day for like a year straight. Would use the parts in all my MOCs.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I rarely see any sales in the UK for popular lego kits, I'm tempted by the galaxy explorer but I just don't have the nostalgia for that era (just before my time) or space to display it. Hoping the Bugle goes on some sort of sale :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The price hike is an insult though. I want the AT-AT and Falcon but good lord £1500 for the two of them.