Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Douche4Sale posted:

I forget if it was here where I learned this, but the NES controller from the LEGO set fits perfectly in Bowser's hands if you feel like spending more on blocks, haha.

Hes also just the right size to play the grand piano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

I'm a sucker for anything '-with flowers' :3:
Also loving the peacock.
Lego please release a series of vases so I have somewhere to stash my bouquets.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Oh yay! My castle shipped too, I wasn't expecting it until next year. It's going to hide out in grandma's basement for a few years until the kids are a bit older.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Merry christmas lego thread!
I got my partner the piranha plant. I thought that would be a suprise because it was supposed to be backordered until next year but shipped early.

She got me the creator expert santa's workshop from 2014, new in box.
She wins christmas this year.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

A whole bunch of those look like repeats. I think the anatomy one was already picked and rejected because 'didn't meet standards' or something? Krustyburger has been a finalist before too.

I love the frogs! I'm waiting for a frogs 3 pack along the same lines as the recent insects one.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Sunk Dunk posted:

i was looking through my old sets and found the simpsons house. did they ever explain why they made all the minifigures look like they are blazed out of their minds??

Thats just how the character models look in 3d. The big bulging eyes only look good at a 3/4 side angle

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Lego is still about creativity. Here are some striped houses my kid made :3:

Mad scientist's laboratory

Comfortatble bed with built-in music player

Toy store, with an idol of capitolism in front

I love this little cash register

Edit whoops wrong thread

Lavender Spliffs fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 5, 2024

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Creature posted:

Has anyone built Chewbacca? It was on my wishlist but I read some reviews which said it was a bit dull because of the brownness. Not sure if I should risk it.

I found chewbacca to be fun and relaxing to build as i was doing it. Filling in the surfaces layer by layer with the fur texture pieces was pretty zen, and each section has some interesting techniques to get the right shape.

But then you finish a section, and you have built a brown turd. Theres 2 long turd legs, 2 angled turd arms, a big ol brick torso, and the little nugget head.

I also did the fender guitar thing, and the bright red was a nice pallette clenser for afterward.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Zwille posted:

Man I hope that means you combined the builds

Hell yeah!

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

bird with big dick posted:

What other turd like Lego sets are there besides Chewbacca and the sorting hat, I need a third to fill out the shelf with the same theme

I recommend clayface from the lego batman movie.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

I like the little interior sections in the back, but the whole thing does look more 'generic castle' then dnd. I think it's supposed to look like the cover of an old players guide?

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

They do rerelease/redo some of the big iconic vehicles like that. The tumbler that is currently available is a remake and almost identical to the original one (stickers in cockpit replaced with printed pieces mostly, I think). They've also done at least 3 big UCS X-wing releases.

That said, it could be 10 years away, and the 1989 Batmobile is a GOAT set. It's huge. It's solid. All the lines are perfect. The build was fun, and it looks nice on a shelf.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

I feel like there's two ways to design a D&D set, and lego has tried to meet in the middle to do both, and it doesn't come together as a coherant whole.

Either design it as a mini-adventure and lean into the gameplay aspect of it, or design a single big display piece that really screams, This is fukkin Dungeons and Dragons!!!

Include paper maps and booklets for 2-6 people, some brick-built dice, and build the set as the adventure is played. All the monsters are the right scale to swap in as miniatures, go the extra step and make it fully integratable into the base game.

If it's instead a $400 display set, stop worrying about keeping everything to minifig scale and. Make a better-looking set. The tavern is too big compared to the castle. The beholder and displacer beast look janky as hell. I was really excited for this set, and i think its going to be a pass from me. I'll grab a mimic from bricklink for 50bux though.

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

I bought full display boxes for the mario blind bags they did. I always got 2-3 complete sets.

Protip if any of you are in canada, chapters/indigo sells Lego, and has no limit on CMFs. I just make sure to order it the right quantity of singles, and they will ship a full sealed display box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

obi_ant posted:

I would unironically buy that hosed up painting and place it on my wall proudly.

Ya, I dont get the hate for the mona lisa. I think it looks fine. I like it better than the mosaic one posted upthread.