Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Excellent new thread title :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Lord Commissar posted:

gently caress.

Where the hell am I going to put this?
I could easily stick that on my mantle, but then I'd have no place for my TV antenna, plants, or Crane Tuck.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ika posted:

I just was in a store that had a huge barrel full of the series 1 minifigures (germany). They must have had around a thousand of them left. I guess they overestimated demand here.

Send me a package with one of each please! :)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

PopeOnARope posted:

Hey, if anybody sees the minifigures (s 2) in London, Ontario let me know.
Have you tried the place in Waterloo/St. Jacobs?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Found a couple of almost full boxes of Series 2 figures at the WalMart up at St. Clair & Runnymede here in Toronto, and did a quick cross-compare of the barcodes. Grabbed 16, and ended up with dupes of the Ring Master and Swimming gal. Time go check that barcode printout and head back I guess! :)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

PopeOnARope posted:

Not yet, though it seems pretty rad. I don't drive, though. So.
Check a Wal-Mart. They're showing up in Toronto area stores now.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

cakeslob posted:

in Toronto you guys are getting series 2 (already?)
Im in Hamilton and hit up toys r us all summer looking for any of them but they havent had a single thing except those aliens from toy story

is toys r us the problem or does hamilton suck(more so)?

Don't know, I never went out to get Series 1. There's a thread on Red Flag Deals, that's where someone posted about the WalMart I ended up at.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Veeb0rg posted:

Hit the jackpot today at the thrift store.. 25+ pound box for $49.80 *my postal scale maxes at 25*

What I thought to be a pirate ship turned out to be set #6493 - Flying Time Vessel, still sorting the box though.

Fuckin' score!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

snortpocket posted:

Anyone who missed out on last year's flagship Technic Crane Truck set (8258) it's available again in the LEGO store for what I believe to be its original price of $149.99.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8258&cn=57&d=70
I picked that up a few months ago, it's pretty sweet.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Met up with a friend to exchange some extras, and now I have my complete sets of 1 & 2:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Red posted:

Is there a barcode list for those of us who *don't* have an Android?

You are on the Internet. How hard is it to type "series two minifig barcode" into a search engine? Or even just go back a couple of pages in this very thread?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

Anyone know if Series 2 minifigs are available in Toronto anywhere?
Yeah, I posted about it a few weeks ago. Best bet I found was Wal-Mart when they first came out, but after putting a complete set together I haven't been back. If you feel like a trip to Mississagua, try Lasting Toys.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

Are they with the other Lego stuff? I checked the Eglington store, but didn't find any.
I went only to the St. Clair & Runnymede one, they were in with the other Lego sets. A friend who lives in the east end went to the Eglinton & Warden one around the same time, same deal.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That's a sweet looking Police Base! I dig.

Finished up the 599 last night:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Hobnob posted:

Hint: Even if you don't have a printout of the barcodes, you can compare barcodes between the packages to ensure you don't get two of the same type.
I did that on my first trip, and got a couple of doubles. Cross-comparing when you've reached 10 or more confirmed hits gets pretty tiresome very quickly. It's just easier to print out a barcode sheet.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
gently caress DUPLO, it's all about Fabuland and you know it :gay:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
This is from one of the first themed MOC sites I ever found, years ago. They mainly deal with tanks and related vehicles. Someone in Japan is a big ELP fan apparently:

LEGOTarkus!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

snortpocket posted:

Sorry about the image spam everybody, but I thought I'd take a portion of my 2010 LEGO budget to the now-defunct office photo table and see what I could get (I am by no means a photographer):
Your only crime is using Waffleimages to post links to 640x480 pics. ;) They look fantastic.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

I'm thinking about uploading some pics of my creations. I'm wondering what image hosting site would be best for this? Specifically, I'd like a function that reduces the size of images automatically, like Facebook. Does MOCpages do this?

I already have a Brickshelf account, and while images are thumbnailed, they're actually saved at the original resolution (unless there's some setting I've missed), meaning uploading takes forever if you don't resize them manually beforehand.
http://imgur.com/ has resizing options

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

zenintrude posted:

Apparently a way to tell the difference between the new Minifigs before buying them has been revealed... each pack has a unique set of bumps along its edge, which correspond to a certain Minifig:
They might as well have stuck to barcodes.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

AA is for Quitters posted:

So there are some real lego assholes at my local TRU. They had like 4-5 of the "lego star wars" books that come with 2 minifigs and 250pc to build a few different things, and it's a whole bunch of info on lego star wars. And it was the perfect gift for my nephew.

But no, someone had gone through and opened all of them to yank the minifigs out.
You could always try online. I know Amazon has it.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ireladd posted:

http://shop.lego.com/SalesAndDeals/Default.aspx?va=1

Major sale at the LEGO online store! Buy quick because they're selling out. Don't know if they'll follow up with these prices at their brick and mortar stores after Christmas.

drat, didn't think to check the site last night. Looks like the Space Police are all gone, which are the only ones I've really been eyeing this year.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

AstroZamboni posted:

For those of us late to the party who didn't see all the photos before they were taken down, can somebody describe the new Technic Supercar? I'm utterly intrigued by that prospect, considering I've been becoming increasingly enamored with Technic.

There's a link to it right on this page?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Anyone have a spare or cheap Disco DJ Dude from Series 2 they'd like to sell me? It's a gift for a friend at work who has lots of cool toys on her desk :)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I made a roller derby gal for my friends' housewarming party, in her team colours and everything.

And of course I forgot to take a picture of it. :xd:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

CADPAT posted:

The only Lego store in Canada is in stupid Calgary which is 3500kms away. WTF Lego? :(

Although there are some closer ones in the US, but they're still about 900kms away.

Soon to be two Lego stores!
http://www.sherwaygardens.ca/en/custom/Pages/TheLEGOStoreatSherway.aspx

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
And the NBA ones as well.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Here's all (I think) of his Classic Space, ready to go.

I have a fair amount myself, so it should be quite the display.
Owns, hard. I went through the close-up saying "Got it, got it, need it, need it" etc. :D

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Sherway Gardens trip report!

Nice store, friendly staff who left me to my devices digging through the Series 3 Minifig bin trying to get a replacement Gorilla Suit Guy. No such luck in that regard, it was really hard to make out the stupid bump patterns, so I just said "Forget it" and only got a large Pick-A-Brick canister and blue baseplate. The displays they have of the custom built stuff are pretty cool, and they have a bunch of the Maersk ship and some of the other large sets too.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Pyroclastic posted:

We also found a 1957 Paillard Bolex H-16 Reflex 16mm movie camera, amongst all sorts of basically worthless 1980s camcorders, VHS players, and slide projectors, which ebay tells me is worth somewhere between $200 and $1000, which was pretty sweet. With the case and it looks drat near unused.
gently caress the Lego, that camera is a sweet find!

(Did I just say that? In this thread?!)

Anyway, some Toronto area news, there's something called BrickFête going on at the end of July for AFOLs only, over at Humber College's Lakeshore & Kipling campus.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Torael_7 posted:

Not if season 5 gets marked up that much. They're what, 3 bucks each in the store?

want to talk about horrible pricing? There's a small toy store on the bottom floor of the Toronto Eaton Centre that had S3 Lego minifigures "marked down" from CAN$9.99 each to $6.99 or so. The S4s were "on sale" for $4.99.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Finally relented and picked up some Series 4 Minifigs. Grabbed 10, ended up with 2 Frankenstein's Monsters and 2 Fisherman, but totally scored with a Hazmat Dude. They barely had any S4 left, but a bunch of S3 around. Last time I went around a month or so ago, they had tons of both.

The in-store calendar confirmed Series 5 for some time in September.

Also completely forgot about Brickfête :(

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 6, 2011

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Lizard Combatant posted:

At last, I can make an X-Files diorama.

Also, a whole team of baseball greys.

:colbert: Fine. When do I get my Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebek minifigs?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Camper van is awesome, and I'll have to pick it up, but price is $119.99 not $100.

Thank goodness, the CAN$130 vs. US$100 difference seemed a bit too high.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Was at the Lego Store at Sherway after work yesterday, no more S3 or S4 minifigs, unfortunately. S5 are in, just one little drawer for them, unlike the big S4 display. Picked 10 bags at random, managed to get Col. Hannibal Smith (:dance:), but also ended up with 2 spare Aerobics Girls, 1 extra Clown, and 1 extra Cave Girl.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I got an email from my nephew yesterday asking what days 1 and 3 from the Star Wards advent calendar were. I didn't want to disappoint him without an answer so I had to look them up online :v:. Next time I'll get the City one, they tend to be pretty fun and there's no guessing at which episode 1-3 or Clone Wars poo poo things are.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Finished assembling the Microbus last night. Holy crap, this thing owns! First time I've actually put stickers on any set I've bought in the last 10 years, too, because it just didn't seem complete without them.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
So not only did I get the alien Tripod as a present from my friends, I returned home from my parents' place late Tuesday night to see a box with all the sets I bought from Why cookie Rocket! :dance:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Faerunner posted:

I've been meaning to ask for help with this piece for a while now:

It's been in the Lego bin for years and nobody knows what it is. The blue glass piece obviously, not the plate it's on.

Futron: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6884

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
It's good to see that the RI and Exo suit are likely coming back. I had the 1st off, and didn't realize they might have on sale that day. I ended up at a store that weekend my coincidence and was disappointed they didn't have the Ghostbusters set in-stock.

Was on the web store this evening and was getting broken links all over the place, it kept redirecting me the US site, and kept telling me that the free Mini Cooper set "wasn't available in my region" when I tried to set it back to Canada. Also wouldn't take my password when I did go to check out with the big Mini Cooper and Ghostbusters sets. Some survey thing popped up so I sent them feedback on all the BS I'd gone through. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. I'd given up on the whole last 2 or 3 Minifigures lines because I never got anywhere feeling the bags and dealing with the inevitable duplicates of duplicates. But damnit if the upcoming series makes me want to :getin: