Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

At one point I thought I wished I could've bought every new modular town set, but what I really wish is that I had bought all of the 3-in-1 town, home, fun, vehicle, etc sets over the years and a bunch of roadplates and built the fuckin' rad Lego city I'd always dreamed of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Where are all the new Belville sets tho :colbert:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BaconCopter posted:

When it rains it pours, even more reveals abound. Dreamzzz turned out to be pretty awesome!

Lego Store Exclusives, including a $50 upscaled buildable minifig:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/135ms60/creator_lego_store_exclusive_sets_revealed_from/

Next Monkie Kid wave:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/135mssm/monkie_kid_june_wave_from_lego/

I guess you could get the instructions for that giant Lego fig and use it as the base to build more custom giant Lego figs..

In other news, I have a good handful of sets I think I would like to sell. I see that Bricklink is the reseller site of choice, but how long do listings tend to stay active before selling there? I have mostly Star Wars Episode 1 sets, does anyone care about those at all? I have all of the set codes:

1822 8050 7141 7127
6898 6899 6829 6264
7130 7155 7150 7166
7180 7140 7144 7128
7134 7146 7150 7101
6829 7121 7124 3439
7111 8000 8001 8237
8002 8858 7131 7106
7104 7115 7151 7186
7184 7161 7190

Almost all of them are in great condition, most of them with boxes and instructions, ad booklets, etc. I haven't put them all together to check, but I believe there are few if any missing pieces. If it's gonna be a bunch of faff and trouble to sell them online, I'll probably just take them to our local BricksAndMinifigs and just sell the lot and/or liquidate some of them into the kids' loose piece bins.

mutata fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 2, 2023

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I keep all of my most expensive sets at my local Lego store where I can go and look at them behind plastic display windows.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Ninjago city sets would be a sweet base for a cyberpunk city build.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Lego Friends mechs when.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I did not know about the Houses of the World so I had to go find one of the first ones to order so I can justify getting the rest of them.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm OK with spending ~$30-$50 on ebay every time they pop up, though. They're neat and their interiors are pretty detailed for a little pack in model.

veni veni veni posted:

I wish they sold the minifigure scale Pac-Man cabinet set for like $10. Big one looks good but…much like the Atari and NES im just like “what do I need that for?”

I bet these would be almost reasonable to order pieces for and make whatever cabs you actually want, though!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

People on bricklink tryin' to sell Watto for $500, bless their hearts...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I grabbed the Bookshop one with a gift card. I'm gonna make them into bookends.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Milk crates are the perfect volume-to-carry weight containers for dense things like books and such. It's hard to find something heavy enough that a milk crate's worth volume is too heavy for either the crate or the average person carrying it. Plus if you're some beefcake strongman, they are made to be stacked and carried while stacked.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

You can use Lego people poop in your DOTS designs.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Disney Infinity character art team had to make a Captain Barbossa toy that looked like Barbossa but didn't look like Geoffrey Rush. It's fairly common.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They could extend the Architecture style to basically any story, IP, or franchise, really.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

mitochondritom posted:

Edoras built on a hill with the plains around it, as in the Jackson films would be really nice.

I recon the gates of Erebor could be pulled off too.

Bag End, Helm's Deep, Orthanc, Halls of Moria, the Argonath..

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Alarbus posted:

Eh, my two cats don't molest the Lego, and with two adults and a kid building, it's kind of everywhere.

They will definitely drink water right from your glass and steal food from your plate though.

Edit: That's a hell of a snipe. Have a photo from the local indy.

I forget what the current price is, probably just moved the decimal over a couple spots, but that's an original still in shrinkwrap.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Zelda sets but it's Friends figs.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

I just read about it and after it had a lackluster release (flopped) they said, how can we make $$$ w/ this? So every October starting in the mid 90s Disney would broadcast it constantly and then started pushing home video sales as well at big box retailers during the same month. So a bunch of kids had it constantly pushed to them from an early age.

And all of those kids now have kids. Bish bash bosh.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

gimmie dat mush

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I was always partial to the 90 degree corner raised baseplates anyway. Or the Castle ones. These ones:

Anyway, here's the original for comparison:

The Unitron Monorail has a station on a raised baseplate. That always seemed appropriate to me as a kid when playing with it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Amazing.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

A couple of sets that my son's working on today, lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

These near-bankruptcy era sets are super interesting, yeah. A lot more one offs and HUGE monolithic pieces with printing on. This original Millennium Falcon set hardly tops 650 bricks. The Unitron monorail set is also hilariously low in brickcount.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Here he is, the $200 minifig. He's holding the ~$5 printed 1x1 flat tile. He's standing next to the ~$60 Aldar Beedo, uhhh... minifig.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Looks like it was only in one set, Watto's Junkyard. Though that set looks pretty sick. Looks like it comes with two pod racers. Crazy that they didn't bother to print anything on the two minifigs. Even for a used set you're looking at over 250 bucks. Though I guess it's better to just part it out because the minifigs are worth more than the set.

The pods are neat, but by default the build is 1 podracer, 1 parted out podracer, and some junkyard paraphernalia. I think you're meant to disassemble the paraphernalia and use the same pieces to make a frame for the other pod, but we haven't gotten that far yet.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Midi-scale remakes of famous past Lego sets..

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

If anyone doesn't want their Houses of the World 2 hit me uuuup...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

deoju posted:

I want more M Tron sets, but that'll never happen. A couple of kids had to swallow magnets and ruined it for the rest of us.

The camera is cool and all but..

Spyrius, Unitron, and Ice Planet have magnets. And Aquazone. Although it occurs to me you're probably talking about different magnets.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

What's the best site to sell old sets? The only sets I have that are worth anything are the 7190 and the 7186 that I posted earlier. I'm interested in offloading them.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

There is no best site.

You have a handful to choose from:

Ebay: probably the easiest place to sell, but you have the highest fees, the least seller protections, and if you sell enough ($600) you have to pay income tax on your sales, as well.
Bricklink: no buyer protections at all. You might be able to get more $ but it will probably take longer.
craigslist: no buyer protections. You won't get as much, and it is a crap shoot how long it will take.
Bricks & Minifigs: a crappy chain that is popping up around the country that will give you pennies on the dollar of the value of your sets and then charge higher than ebay prices to resell.
facebook marketplace: see craigslist
offerup: see facebook and craigslist
SA Forums: Arguably your best bet here if someone wants the set.

The biggest thing, is make sure the set is 100% complete with the instructions. If it is not, then buy the missing stuff to make it complete. You may end up getting less but it will actually sell. No one wants to buy used incomplete sets unless the price is seriously reduced.

E: because you have the watto figure, you might want to sell the two sets together on ebay in an auction with a reserve. Because that figure is in high demand, it might pull up the rest of the stuff with it. It would be easy to sell by itself, of course.

Thanks for the rundown. The Falcon is missing perhaps 2 pieces. Watto's Slavetime Jamboree is fully complete though. Both have boxes and all pack in documentation. I'll probably source the missing bits and do that combo auction you suggested. Thanks!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

You might want to just get those missing pieces because it will probably make someone more likely to want to buy it. Otherwise, they have you buy your set, but also figure out how to get the missing pieces.

Oh, for sure. There's 2 missing pieces, I believe, so it would be silly to try to sell it without replacing those.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Poke Chop posted:

Lando's cape is a little wonky, but its all there. I had no idea until i went to list it on BL. I've never sold anything locally for more than $100 or so.

What's the USD total in this photo?

Butterfly Valley posted:

But why is Leia not yellow

It's not the Leia from 10123.

Edit: Or it's an anomaly from the transition period from yellow to skintones?

mutata fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 10, 2023

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That's how I built my first Houses of the World and I don't remember much about building it. I could take it apart and build it again, probably, lol.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Dreamzzz line has a crazy shark monster ship.

There's a 3-in-1 Pirate Ship too that's pretty ok depending on how you feel about fabric sails vs brick sails.
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Building-Children-Creative-Adventures/dp/B0858K44NP

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I've always wanted to get my hands on that Starcraft Battlecruiser mega bloks set.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I like how all the rail sets from that era had box art with like, the Amtrak passenger car exiting the maw of the hellforge or whatever.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I do not care for the "cat sitting on an apple core" silhouette of that set. Feels quite awkward.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The building bit is what you see from the street. The lore says all the neverending vaults are all underground accessible via whimsical rollercoaster tracks and carts.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Milk bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Amazon keeps delaying my Tallneck and now I'm starting to worry it's gonna get cancelled. :(

I gotta pack up my Deep Freeze Defender I have hanging from the ceiling for our move, heh. I had to hydrogen peroxide all of the white pieces of that one.