Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Prophet of Nixon posted:

The long minifig legs don't bother me but I can't believe that's the final mold for alien-horse. The way the 4 front legs are clustered just looks terrible.

That's from the movie design though.

I can't find a good pic from the movie, but here's the action figure.

It's just a weird design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

They will be stocking the formula 1 mclaren again at some point, correct?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Is that the F1 McLaren?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Finished the f1 today.

Things huge.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

people keep saying this, yet F1 is too cowardly to incorporate it into their tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idg18QJCbXU

The only bad thing about a track like this is George Russel will end up killing someone on the loop.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Flyinglemur posted:

I would have a difficult time having my air hockey table that close to my Lego sets with all of the pucks flying off. I have enough anxiety having it close to my bobbleheads, but those are at least behind one of the goals.

You play air hockey much more violently than I do.
For me it's perfect because it provides a barrier to keep people away from the shelves.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I was really hoping for that Lancia.
Bummer.

Scipiotik posted:

I like the orient express. I don't like that it's going to cost $1000.

Same

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

With it being duplo, is there any risk of a kid possibly ingesting any of these substances?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

smackfu posted:

So new modular is basically same size and price as the Boutique Hotel… after the mid year price increase on that set from $200 to $230.

Not getting into the modulars from the beginning is simultaneously fantastic and awful for me.
I want them all, but on the other hand I haven't spent literal thousands of dollars on them, so it's full of contrasts.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

GTR. I like the new wheel design.
https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/lego-speed-champions-paul-walker-nissan-skyline-gtr-r34-2-fast-2-furious/

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

My son got me one of those FOCO football helmets for christmas, they are like 1/4 size lego blocks.
I like the fact that I now have a helmet for the college I went to, but man the building techniques are really not great, and the fitment of the pieces is pretty poo poo. Also the instructions suck pretty bad too.
On the other hand now that it's done, it's really cool looking.
It was about 1500 pcs, so unfortunately it would be cost prohibitive to recreate it in lego using pick a brick.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Flyinglemur posted:

Yeah I have it. I thought it was a great build and I'm not an f1 fan. The suspension was really, really cool. I've done the Ferrari Daytona and a couple other Technic cars and this one is at the top of my list for things I enjoyed doing. And it's a really cool display piece as well.

Seconding this, I have it displayed hanging on a wall and it looks pretty awesome.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I'd love to figure out a way to wall mount it. It's going to take up a ton of real estate otherwise.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

How does that bronco compare next to the one they did for the Bronco/GT40 set?
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ford-gt-heritage-edition-and-bronco-r-76905

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

deoju posted:

I know a lot of you like car builds, so check out this cool collection of garage MOCs.
https://bricknerd.com/home/in-the-garage-building-spaces-where-we-belong-4-15-24

Where's Carbohydrates lately? His garage was pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Chris Knight posted:

Haha that Octan one is great

Agreed, I ended up cashing in some points for it. It will be a great hat for cars and coffee. I picked up the Insects set since I needed to buy something to be able to cash it in.