Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

The deals on Amazon UK that I've seen so far, while looking good based on total % off, are all just a couple of quid less than they usually are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bought a second Countach so that I could build this Lotus. Will try to turn it into a submarine at some point.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 16, 2023

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Definitely transparent.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Any idea who makes these Breaking Bad RVs and what the quality might be like?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/lego-breaking-bad/s?k=lego+breaking+bad

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

deoju posted:

That looks like that is this design on rebrickable.
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-20606/OneBrickPony/breaking-bad-rv/#details
The comments on the design there are all positive. It'd be a crap shoot as far as the knock off pieces go.

In the comments the creator says they haven't been paid by any Chinese manufacturer. The design is stolen. If you decide to purchase one of those kits I'd encourage you to also pay the creator for the instructions too. It's only 6 UK pounds, or $7.70 US.

Thanks, had a feeling those photos were actual lego. Found another one with a terrible review so not going to bother.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I just built the front section of the Blacktron cruiser and drat that was some nostalgia overload. Countless hours spent in front of Saturday morning telly building similar sized MOC space fighters, making sure the cabins were air tight.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

What's really impressed me after I got (back) into Lego this year is how pieces are reused. I always assumed that all these licenced sets were made from a lot of unique one-off pieces, but the more I build, the more I realise that's not the case. Like, the Tallneck's neck bits that you climb in the game. Browsing ebay, I've learned they were originally Orc swords. I find that very satisfying for some reason.

I've been eyeing the A Frame Cabin and, if I'm not mistaken, the foundation seems to made up of a couple dozen Mjolnirs?

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 29, 2023

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

xzzy posted:

I wonder if this just a "we got no other ideas so let's try it" or if this is gonna coincide with another wave of pre-1995 space set remakes.

Space is just the codename for a full Dune CMF series.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I definitely had that set but I don't remember anything about booby corset minifig.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Do you POBB owners tend to have it hideout or ship form?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It's 20 points per set according to Brick Fanatics, so like 40 sets for a £5 voucher?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

That's just the QR codes to be clear. Stuff bought direct from Lego will still give 5% worth.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bought a relatively new set, Central Perk, for cheap off Vinted and the clutch power (I believe that's the term) is about 75-80% for everything. Just wondering what can make that happen. I doubt it's something that's been played with a lot or rebuilt loads of times. Displayed right above a radiator or something?

Also built the sail boat adventure tonight after buying as-new for about £18 (also from Vinted, surprisingly good for Lego, in the UK at least). What a lovely, pleasing-to-the-eye set.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bird of Paradise just seems sooooo expensive compared to the orchid, especially when the later is always on sale somewhere.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

The original's rock formations looked a lot better.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/65930f7b-ff6e-45bc-a644-61b5896c26b2

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I don't think I've seen any discount on the Galaxy Explorer in the UK since I got (back) into Lego this year.

Ordered the Blacksmith yesterday with some some weekend poker winnings and was going to pick the Galaxy Explorer up around Xmas, but welp, that's two orders in the warehouse now.....

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It better be another James Bond car.

Working on the Galaxy Explorer. The way everything comes together on the base, oh man.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

There's a nice Lotus build for the Countach. An official one would rule, especially if it transformed.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-115846/ilyabuilder724/76908-lotus-esprit/#details

Junkenstein posted:

Bought a second Countach so that I could build this Lotus. Will try to turn it into a submarine at some point.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Lizard Combatant posted:

One day this technology will be within our grasp.

If these guys got in some big sets I'd probably move to Sheffield

https://buildersbrewcafe.com/

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Moc-Moc-A-Moc

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

If you're in the UK, the Great Wave is available from Argos* for just over half price at £46.67.

*Sainsburys pick up/home delivery only, possibly.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

This alt build of the F&F charger is a really good starting point for a Mad Max interceptor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAISlCMQQg

Carbs (or someone, can't find the post} posted their edited version a couple of months ago.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It was veni veni veni

veni veni veni posted:

I continued to rework stuff on K MP's Mad Max mod for the F&F charger until I was happy with it. They got the shape of it so right, it really doesn't look all that different haha, but I actually did do a ton of work on it, I redid the backend entirely which was pretty bare bones, and reshaped the windows to look a bit closer to the real thing, replaced the windshield, spoiler, redid the tanks, added the tire, made the tiles consistent and reinforced the whole thing. At the end of the day I can't take credit for about 80% of this, but I feel like I have the (almost) perfect speed champions interceptor now. I'd still like to figure out a way to make 1x2 gold vents work for headights, but I need some parts and I'm still not sure it'll look great. Also getting all 8 exhaust pipes in would be nice but the math doesnt really work without them taking up way too much space.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Optimus Prime is £75 in the UK at Argos if you toss a burner email in here to get a £5 voucher.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

It's going to go up. It was obvious from the beginning that that was not a set to try on the secondary market. It's been years since a GWP came out that was that obviously going to be in demand. If they just released it to stores as a retail item, it would have sold out immediately.

If you could get it for $50, snatch it up ASAP. I wouldn't count on that, though. If you want it, just get it now. If there is a GWP you want in the future and are on the fence, ask in thread if people think it is going to be a pricier item.

Sorry to give you bad news.

It's already consistently selling for $60-$70 or more. That's the current normal.

I've favourited several on Vinted and they're not selling for £40. Sellers are slowly inching them down.

I think it'll settle at a lower price like the Blacktron cruiser and forest hideout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I want a redone Blacktron I fig, because to me that was the cool space guy. All the rest were bright colours with semi-transparent visors, but that dude? All in black, opaque black visor. So cool. I used to go a step further and replace his head with a transparent red cylinder, implying he was some kind of hosed up robot or energy being.

There seems to be plenty of the Blacktron Cruiser GWP floating around. I got an unopened one for I think £25 last year. It's awesome.