Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I saw this house at Target today for the first time.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8403-1

It was $39.99 for 383 pieces, and it also said "special edition" on the box, but I don't see what exactly is special about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Here's golfer D.A. Points on Sunday at the Greenbrier Classic, he finished fourth.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Flavor Bear posted:

Wow, that thing does not look like it is worth 100 bucks.

Neither does this, even with 150 more pieces.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8404-1

I love the original big fuckoff jetliner, which apparently cost only $40 in 2007-8! $40 now gets your this comparatively puny thing.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=3181&cn=339&d=9

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Carbohydrates posted:

I love the letters on these signs, they make me think of the old old versions of Police Quest and Leisure Suit Larry.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

djfooboo posted:

Just combined with free shipping over 100 bucks and saved 50 dollars on stuff before the 10-30% off even went into effect. Thanks!

How'd you manage that? I had over $100 in a cart and after I put in the code it took off the percent but then added $12 for shipping even though it was still over $100.

Also, is there any chance of getting an MSRP Winter Toy Shop anyplace besides Lego's online store? Every other place is either out of stock or a gouge.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I was at Target today and they have a Lego gift card that comes with a 31-piece target dog figure. It only costs whatever you load onto the gift card, which is valid on any purchase.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Dr. Platypus posted:

Have you heard much about the apple tree house? That one looks pretty nice in the picture, but has anyone actually built it?

I have all three of those houses plus the new City House that is out now. I like them all a lot, it sucks how few buildings there are in Lego anymore. The city stuff is basically all vehicles except big fuckoff police station, big fuckoff fire station, big fuckoff airport, etc.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

ireladd posted:

Yeah, unfortunately there were very few stores outside of the LEGO Store that actually carried the Advent Calendar, and if you went looking for one on Saturday, unfortunately LEGO had just discounted as soon as December started from $34.99 to $9.99, so they flew off the shelves quick. Congrats on the Bricklink find though!

Aww hell, I'm never going to get a cat, am I. I've only seen one in this and that $80 fire station.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Arg, I finally get to a Lego store and they had abosolutely nothing good from that big sale. I wanted the Green Grocer so bad but they only had full price fire brigade and grand emporium. I settled for just the Winter bakery because I can't get it anywhere else without paying shipping.

Is there any good way to make the light brick stay lit besides taping it down?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

downfall posted:

Found some brand new boxes of S3 figs at Target in their Valentine's section. Don't ask me.

Anyway, they're starting to show up out there, so that's somewhere else to look!

Whereabouts is this valentine's section? The seasonal corner at all the Targets by me is currently a Sams Club-bulk quantities event.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

TheUnhorse posted:

Hey, thanks for that tip-off, I checked my local target down here in Texas and there were two completely unmolested boxes in between a bunch of valentine's day candy poo poo. I got 20 or 21 figs, roughly 6 baseball players, 6 Samurai, 5 Fishermen, and 3 or 4 Indian Chiefs, and that was just from one box. I didn't even bother with the second box, because of how long it took to identify; I tried the bumps but many times I just couldn't feel them/the packs had more bumps than normal, so I figured them by out feel which got easy after a while. If you feel for the different accessories it works really easily.

Interested in selling a baseball player and a fisherman? The Targets here get cleaned out of them basically instantly.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I went to Target today and they had a completely stuffed bin of minifigs. Like, at least 100 of them. AND NO baseball players! Anyone want to trade a mummy or a fisherman for one?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Red posted:

And who told Lego to take away identifying barcodes on the series 3 minifigure bags?

Yeah, even with the dot codes I've been wrong a couple times and I've put back a ton of packages that I couldn't even begin to identify.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I guess people really only want that Maersk train? I got to a Lego store today and they had only the display train but like 10 boxes of the container ship.

I picked up the easter basket and 5 minifigs, got the hockey player and hazmat guy without even trying (the dots were really awful, not worth agonizing over, I just made sure to grab a couple of thicker ones).

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Anyone ever heard of/been to Lego Kidsfest?

http://www.legokidsfest.com/

It's coming to town and I was wondering if it was worth the money. If it's kinda just "look at some crazy poo poo people built" eh, I see enough of that in this thread.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Does Toys R Us have the Creator Hillside House? Or does "hard to find" mean it's the Lego store or Lego website only? It's not on the TRU website.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I was in Toys R Us and they randomly had a 2010 City Advent calendar left on the shelf. And they still wanted $35 for it, what the hell?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Holy crap that VW camper is unbelievable. Way better looking than the beetle.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

ireladd posted:

One thing to keep in mind is that the Pet Shop is the most recent addition to the modular series, having come out in May 2011, so it'll be around for at least another year and a half on shelves. If you find yourself really liking this series, it would be a good idea to pick up the Fire Brigade, as that is near the end of its life cycle, which should be somewhere between this November and January, as the Green Grocer did last year. Once they're gone, they get EXPENSIVE: Cafe Corner

I know it's next to go but the Fire Brigade just doesn't do it for me. I passed it up twice to get the Grand Emporium and Pet Shop. Both of those just seem to look cooler and have cooler details inside. I can't wait to see what that alleged Town Hall looks like, although of all their stuff they seem to do the best job of keeping the modular buildings secret.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I have the Bake Shop and like it a lot. Very different from usual, probably paid a little too much for it ($55 or $60, whatever MSRP was at the Lego Store) but it's neat. I'll probably get the Post Office too when it comes out.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I had a pile of idea books and it always killed me because I couldn't imagine having the pieces to do cool stuff like it showed.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

On Community this week the guy from The Wire who is their teacher was talking about life after getting out of prison. (paraphrased) "What happened with Legos, man? They used to be simple. Now they're all complicated. And there's Harry Potter and Star Wars and stuff. (long pause) I'm not necessarily saying that's bad, just, you know, what happened?"

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I went to TRU today on the hunt for new sets. I found the Ninjago boat and snake car thing, as well as the new Cars sets and also a couple of the Super Heroes sets. They had one battered copy of the Batman and Catwoman set, so I price scanned it out of curiosity. It came up as $19.99 - for 90 pieces. And, to be clear, the actual set is just Batman, Catwoman and her motorcycle. The other 75 pieces are just a little worthless street corner vignette filler thing that has nothing to do with anything.

This?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Catwoman-Catcycle-City-Chase-6858

Goddamn that would be an evil TRU markup, they only want $13 for it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Is there any kind of killer sale at Lego stores tomorrow or can I spare myself a trip to the mall?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Nothingman posted:

favorite sets from when we were younger?

When I was a kid my parents built this thing for me no less than 7 times and it sat taken apart for years until this thread got me building my old sets and I built it once more only to find that alot of it was missing, namely, the car wash brush parts.

I wanted one of the gas stations so bad for the longest time (especially the one with the motherfucking PARKING GARAGE) but I eventually ended up with this one Christmas and it ruled.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Testro posted:

Eurobricks had a link up to the new modular, which looks excellent: http://caramidute.ro/p/1003/town-hall

edit nevermind, pictures here too

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/10224_Town_Hall

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Post the back of the box, I don't think the interiors have really been seen yet.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Shin-chan posted:

Picked this up at my lego store today:

Went in to get a modular building and picked up that and 4 grab bags as well.

I'm interested in seeing how this goes. I know at the price and piece count it seems cool, and it is about a foot long, but the pictures I saw of the actual item looked so underwhelming, probably because there was nothing to compare scale to.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

UngorEatStefan posted:

Any AFOL fans in the Pittsburgh area - or more importantly an AFOL fans in Pittsburgh have the lowdown on where one might procure some S6 Minifigs?

Does Five Below have them? I've only been on Target, and they don't.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Yeah I've gotten older ones there but not series six.

Why the hell doesn't the Ross Park Mall have a Lego store, it has all this other snooty / trendy / expensive stuff. How about someplace I'd actually go?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

This. I dont even know why. :allears:

I used this to hit a free shipping threshold on the Lego shop, and it was well worth it. Cool set.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I went to Toys R Us today and not only did they have the S6 minifigs but they stacked a couple sales or something because 4 of them cost me $8.xx and tax as opposed to $14. They were tagged $3.49, had a "Sale! 2 for $5" shelf tag, and some other discount came off at the register.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Did Lego not renew a license with Ferrari or Lamborghini? I want another sportscar, dammit. Although that Creator one is tempting.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Pff, who needs a set, we made our wedding cake topper at the PAB wall and minifig bin.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Hit 10k supporters early this morning... Now the waiting to see if Lego will actually do it begins.

I can't help but assume between the licensing and the R-rated movie this will never happen. Too bad.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Lizard Combatant posted:

Is there anything more disappointing than the s6 skater? My friends and family often give me a mini fig bag and it's always her. I have 4 now.

I think I have 5. Ugh.

At least Series 7 has pretty much all awesome people so I wouldn't mind getting 5 of them.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Apparently this is the Creator house for this year.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7346-1

Holy gently caress, I want that yesterday. Any idea when it's out for real? There are some people on eBay who have it already and want twice MSRP because hey RIGHT NOW.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Went to Barnes and Noble and ended up a pile of space marines without even trying much. I'll trade two of them. I need:

bagpiper
bride
bunny man

I could also offer up a Viking Fat Lady.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I would love to get that mini Lego Store set but what with them being only sold at store openings they are probably ridiculous on the secondary market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Do any of you have the Cool Cruiser? How does it stack up to the Ferraris and Lamborghinis? Is the $20 price difference because of the lack of a license? It is still in the 600-piece range, which sounds good.