Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
How long do pick-a-brick orders from logo's website usually take? I placed my order two weeks ago and it is still as "in process" in my account summary but I never got a confirmation email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Merchant of Death posted:

2-3 weeks to ship out and depending on the shipping/customs it can take that long to make it to NA. My last PAB was on the 20th of october, it was sent to be shipped the 12th and is still in transit.

Thanks. I am getting antsy to build!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Pirate Ken posted:

If you don't regularly check LEGO blogs, there are a lot of sales on Amazon right now. Basically everything from the Movie is 20% off, and a lot of 2013 sets are discounted 30% off.

What blogs do you guys read?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Thanks! I'll check these out.:)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Do any of you guys have these thrid party articulated mini-legs?

I love the idea, but I'd like to hear some opinions before I buy a bunch of 'em.

Speaking of which, any other third party companies you guys like?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
There is an article on the NY Times website you guys might want to check out.

:)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cross postin' these pics someone put up in the funny pictures thread...

Little Blackfly posted:

I love how ok it seems to be with it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Apparently Lego has had so much success with CUUSOO that they are ending their partnership and doing it on their own. Link.

Also I got this guy in the mail today, he was totally worth it.

:omarcomin:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I walked past a brand new box at a Walgreens last week, and then today I saw what I assume was the same box and only a few were missing. I guess what I'm saying is try drug stores. Ymmv.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Boy howdy the Ecto-1 looks pretty cool. Not too far from what the guy made either.

The only thing that looks better on the prototype is Peter's hair. Anybody know what piece that is?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
My brother is a radiation oncologist and one of his co-worker's nine-year old kid made a lego linear particle accelerator.

You know, in case your mini-figs get cancer.

:3:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
When might the Ecto-1 show up on Amazon? I've got a gift card I'd like to spend on it.

PS I'm watching Ghostbusters 2 right now. Any decent MOCs for a dancing toaster?

Edit: I'll just leave this here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_N10A9qAVA

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 1, 2014

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Somebody was asking about Western Emmit.

Gamestop is doing a Lego Day promotion and you might be able to get one with a game purchase.

The games will be discounted too, and for what its worth I've played the LOTR one, one of the Star Wars titles, and the first Batman and think they are pretty fun.

Edit: broken link. Just go here and scroll down, sorry.
http://www.gamestop.com/

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 4, 2014

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Netflix US just put up a mini documentary called Inside Lego. It goes into how the business runs and has some neat stuff from the factory floor. It's only 20 minutes.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure that is a code to an unlockable in the Lego Hobbit game.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
You went to all that trouble and still chose an argyle sweater vest?

You are awesome and this is awesome. :3:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

McDragon posted:

Finally started building the Tower of Orthanc, and this Ent is fantastic. If Groot is half as good as this I might have to get him.

Plus he's the first thing with hands like this I've managed to make rude gestures with. Yes, I am very immature.

I feel like this might look a million times more like Treebeard with one of these mounted right below his mustache somehow.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This Flickr account has leaked pictures of the boxes for the forthcoming Hobbit sets.

I am jazzed to get a Galadriel minifig.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I've got their Blade Runner Spinner from ichiban, and while it looks rad it is super fragile too.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
My technique varies, but every time there's a moment where I'm looking for a piece and my internal dialogue goes like this... "Where the gently caress is it? Ugh. poo poo. It's missing. Check the bag again. It's not there. I've never had a set that was missing a piece before... God, they must have awesome quality control. But this time they hosed up, because it is definitely not here. I guess I'll have to... Oh, there it is. Nevermind."

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Knormal posted:

gently caress yo double-decker couch, nigga.

Can we empty quote in this thread?

Because :master:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Ika posted:

That sets makes me want a new creator dragon set, the red one released a couple of years ago was a bit of a let down.

There was a leaked pic of a forthcoming Creator set with a dragon build a few weeks back. It was mostly dark red, iirc. I can't remember when it comes out though.

I might use it to MOC up a Smaug.
:smaug:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
FWIW I book marked this seller on bricklink a little while ago because they make pretty good looking custom capes. While I've never bought anything from them and can't testify to their quality, they make custom sails too. They look to be priced below the market rate.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Occasionally I see stuff on bricklink that makes me say :wtf: too.

Like this seller has 103 Saruman's robes which only comes in the $200 Orthanc set. They must be a professional re-seller, but they still spent $20,600 on that one set alone. Makes my Lego budget look good by comparison.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Huh, I would have thought that the license contract would have prevented them from selling the unique pieces individually like that.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

kensei posted:

I found this online but it is too awesome not to share. As one of the older lurkers/posters in this thread, I might have actually seen this at one point. I know I got a letter from Susan at Lego when I was a kid :)

There was a discussion about gender roles being reinforced by toys in the images thread in D&D.* I hope you don't mind me reposting this there.

*The discussion started about women in science and then moved on, here is a link to the first post specifically about legos.

deoju fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 24, 2014

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'd be interested in printing custom stickers for tiles too.

The one I really want is "No Admittance - except on party business." for the gate on my Bag End set.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
There's lots of sand green in the Hobbit set that comes with Smaug that came out a few months ago. Dunno if they are the pieces you are looking for though.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This poly-bag set is rad.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Please do. I want the Batman and Joker that come with the ucs tumbler, but no way am I gonna pay $50 each. I'd put up with a decent knock-off.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was squishing bags at target today feeling a little self conscious about my jorts and a dad and his son came into the aisle. They were looking at the star wars sets together and the way the dad was talking I could tell he was a bit of an AFOL too. We ended up helping each other find the minifigs we wanted. :3:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was in line at an Ace Hardware the other day and they had unmolested boxes of the two most recent minifig waves for $4.29. Kinda high, but you could probably find the ones you're missing.

How much do the pick-a-brick cups go for? I might be traveling by a Lego store this weekend and I am deciding whether or not to go.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Pyroclastic posted:

Holy crap, you're right. 586 pieces...for $120?
It looks like there might be a lot of large pieces in parts of it. Wings, nose cone, cylinders, etc. I wonder if the $/mass ratio would be more in line with other sets.

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 20, 2015

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Any legoons out there with photoshop willing make me an avatar? If you give this picture of a minifig a transparent background and make it the right dimension/size I'd appreaciate it.
http://imgur.com/8Mrjgma

I've got the text picked out.

:omarcomin:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cambridge University is establishing a Lego professorship.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Speaking of moving big rear end lego sets...

My friend's was having a reception in Milwaukee for friends and family after having a courthouse wedding. Since Milwaukee has the closest Lego Store to me I figured I would leave an hour early and swing by the mall and pick-a-brick and build-a-fig and still make it on time. I walked in the mall only to see a giant Lego Statue of Liberty. Turns out there was an exhibition of American monuments throughout the place. This was at Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee, but the pamphlet said it was a traveling exhibit. I thought you guys might like to see the pictures.

The United States Capitol

Another shot of Capitol. I tried to capture how much floor space this thing took up.

Some Winter Time MOC that I'm don't think was part of the exhibit, but I took a picture anyway.

More Winter Moc.

Independence Hall in Philadelphia. Where the Declaration of Independence was signed.

Old North Church, which is in Boston. Where Paul Revere' saw the lanterns.

Jefferson Memorial. I'm not sure why, but people tried to throw coins into it.

The Mall rendered in Lego.

The Supreme Court.

Anothe angle of the SCOTUS

You wouldn't know this building if you weren't from Milwaukee, or a Baseball fan, but it is the home of the Brewers, Miller Park. I'm pretty sure this wasn't part of the exhibit, but something somebody commissioned for some reason. Kinda neat.

More Miller Park

My camera couldn't really catch it, but there was a game going on inside. The real stadium does have a Harley Davidson mounted above left field.

This Fuckoff huge Washington Monument.

The frieze on the Capitol

Libby

The White House

I ended up being a half an hour late to the reception. :cool:

deoju fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 22, 2015

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Dr Who nerds are gonna make it hard for me to get my Malcolm Tucker minifig.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I use an exacto knife to place stickers.I find it is way easier to place them on straight and you get fewer bubbles.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Oh man, gonna buy the hell out of each of those the second the show up in stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Amazon US has some of the Dimensions sets up for preorder. I placed mine for the 3 ghostbusters sets. I couldn't pass up the minifigs, but I'm not gonna buy the game. I'd trade or sell the pieces that unlock the levels if anybody is interested when the time comes.