Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I think that it'll be way better added to a row of other modular buildings than on its own.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62467536@N06/5684488247/sizes/l/in/photostream/

You can see it here next to Grand Emporium and Firehouse. It looks tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Markets scare me :ohdear:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=10179-1

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Karma Tornado and Karma Tornado posted:

Star Wars LEGO is expensive

Maybe part of the re-licensing of the SW license George Lucas asked for more royalties? Also the Geonosian Starfighter uses more rare colors than the other one. Just wait for it to go on sale like any other LEGO.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Toy's R Us is having a good promotion.

$25 off $125 purchase when using a Mastercard
BoGo half off certain LEGO
Free shipping on $75 and up

Picked up Technic 8053 Mobile Crane and 8109 Flatbed Truck for $62.49 each after combining deals.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Love Gulf

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Fatkraken posted:

Someone should start an SAmart thread for swapsies. I'm sure there are tons of people on here who could help each other out with swap requests

DONE!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439442

Could we get this put in the OP? We could even trade normal LEGO and minifigs in that thread.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Time Lapse of a Ford Explorer being built from LEGO

Article
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/26/ford-debuts-full-size-lego-model-of-explorer-at-chicago-plant-w/

edit: Seems I fail at embedding video

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Saint Sputnik posted:

Anyone else going to Indy this weekend?

For?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

LEGO shop online has double VIP points. Guess it's a good time to buy the exclusives that will magically sell out when a sale hits. It equates to 10% off this way.

• Grand Emporium
  • Fire Brigade
  • Pet Shop
  • Mindstorms 2.0
  • Volkwagen Camper Van :woop:
  • Huge Star Wars stuff

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

ireladd posted:

Man I wish they'd re-release Cafe Corner.

I wanna see the secondary gouging market cry also. Would be amazing.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Official LEGO Minifig trading!

I updated my list.

edit:

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Awesome Lighting stuff

Holy balls you got featured on Brothers Brick!
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2011/10/12/machinations-in-the-boardroom/

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 13, 2011

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Phyresis posted:

I want this Batcave. Now.

Looks like sticker hell :( Hopefully these aren't as overpriced as the Star Wars stuff.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Gravy Jones posted:

For those that do this do you have a fairly good success rate, or is it a bit hit and miss, or possibly more miss than hit?

I have never done this, but I pay pretty close attention to the secondary market. It's a pretty safe bet that any large AFOL-oriented set rockets up in price at least 30% after it goes out of print.

You of course have outliers also. Like Taj Mahal was available not that long ago on sale for $250. Now they go for well over twice that! I think these sets inflate so much because it would be hard to make the model without the official kit.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Quit making me jealous that all my LEGO is packed away waiting for an overseas move :cry:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Taeke posted:

So that's what those are for.

Yeah I was so confused at first too since I bought some bulk LEGO with those and no wheels were included. They sat in the wtf pile for a few days.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

21010 Architecture Robie House is on sale for 135.99 on Amazon

Money is overrated anyway... :ohdear:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B0050COGZI

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bionicle ---> LEGO
Porsche Cayenne ---> Porsche 911

I call this Porsche marketing when I see it, an inferior product that sells well to the masses funds the better product and the brand flourishes.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Fooley posted:

I'm a whore for collecting and I think I'm hooked on the collectable Minifigs. My best bet is probably buying a box and trading/selling dupes, then filling holes from Bricklink?

There is another way my friend:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

InfinEight posted:

It's good to see those army men keeping things in line. Also what the gently caress am I doing with this ugly color.

I wish "ugly" colors were more common :3: I already have 1,000,000 yellow bricks thank you.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I vote Fire Brigade, it's classy as gently caress. Pet Shop was pretty underwhelming compared to it's predecessors.

Although, if you find yourself doing a lot of MOCs 150 dollars worth of random parts would be a better purchase.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Souichiro posted:

That's BS. Might want to call back and see if you can get someone else to hear you out.

Seconding this. I have never heard of LEGO screwing up customer service. Especially if they know the lot number has errors I don't see why they would say no dice...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lol, I just looked at the new Ninjago and they are hilarious. A jet with loving samurai swords? Cobra bombs? They went from :ninja: to :black101:

Wow, I just realized the dragons were on the good side. I've been playing Skyrim too long...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The 2010 Kingdoms advent calendar one was the best!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

GidgetNomates posted:

I've only got one minifig left in S5. Is there still a Minifig trading thread here? I've got several extras of S5 and I really don't want to keep spending tons on S5 packs just in the hopes of finding a single specific one.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

GidgetNomates posted:

Yeah, I feel the same, seems pretty dang patronising. When I was growing up me and pretty much all my friends had Lego sets. It never felt like a boys' toy, it was just an everyone toy.

Did you not want to trade minifigs or just forget? :ohdear:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Holy minifigs Batman! Really wish they fleshed the buildings out more, but it looks like they are concentrating on figures instead. Interested in seeing how expensive these will be.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Was looking at Friends seeing all the cool new colors then this happened :3:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Let's just all agree that this years city advent calendar was complete poo poo and move on with our lives.

I'm still sour on that abomination.

2009 had Pirates advent calender and 2010 has Kingdoms advent, hopefully we get something like that, but I see Star Wars calander becoming the "extra one" besides the city one :saddowns:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Just had an epiphany.

Superhero advent calendar!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

UUUGGH, All these arguments against LEGO friends never ask the most important question: "Does the target audience like the toy?" These toys are no less happyfuntimesugarandrainbows from any other toys you see in the "girl" section of a Toystore.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

No I didn't miss the point of the article. You just can't convince me that it is LEGO or any other "girl" toymakers fault that they have researched and found that girls like to play certain things. Get a group of girls together and they play house, pretending to have domestic partnerships and everything. Put two boys together and they crash matchbox cars into one another. That isn't to say that there cannot be cross-pollonization, but there is an obvious preference.

They bottom line is these are toys. Luxury items. A parent doesn't have to purchase them if they think they are an affront to feminism.

edit: That "can't play with boy toys" thing would seriously bug me. I always get my nieces cool toys like RC helicopters and poo poo :saddowns:

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 4, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

What was the trick to make your Bricklink wishlist query all the stores so you could figure out which store had the most of what you needed? I'm thinking about piecemealing together Cafe Corner.

:downs: derp figured it out

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 4, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

From Bricks to Bothans started doing webcomics:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

All I keep seeing is LEGO Battlefleet Gothic...

It needs to be done.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Manchild King posted:

My guess would have been something closer to this:
1. Spartan
2. Robot
3. Hazmat Guy
4. Zombie
5. Spaceman

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

In my experience I haven't ran into too many people who begrudge adults building with LEGO. Hell I had LEGO shipped to me in Afghanistan and we would have nights where 4 or so of us would just crowd around a table making cool stuff. Then we'd get incoming mortars, run to a bunker real quick, then continue building once it was all clear :3:.

TL;DR- LEGO vs. Anti-coalition forces

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

While on the subject I think it would be interesting to hear how people explain their hobby to adults.

I usually tell the person that LEGO is just a medium for my creativity, no different than a canvas or clay. But since I lack the creative wherewithal to create something from nothing I like LEGO because it gives me shapes to utilize without giving me a final product. Also I am mechanically minded and love all the opportunities to solve problems that arise during building. Also, spaceships go WHOOSH and PEW PEW is always fun.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Schindler's Fist posted:

I am not thinking about my problems while I'm building.

THIS! I got out of my LEGO dark ages when I was going through real-life dark ages. It was one of the few things that could take my mind off tragedy.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I NEED a higher resolution of this hamster in a ball turret.

Found via Brother's Brick, congrats on the feature.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

SockFight posted:

$100 for this:

Goddamn that's an awesome score!