Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Factory posted:

oh poo poo....

God drat it guys.

I found a AT-AT on bricklink for 130$

I really am tempted.

it's $130 on shop.lego.com...

edit: oh well in that case get it.

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I think they are just as cool as the first series, and I won't have to try to buy multiples of any this time. Just want the one set.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

The new Star Wars sets have been out at my local TRU for a couple of weeks now. Slave 1s in stock every time I go there.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Thanks Mascot. Now all I need is the base and Smash 'n Grab. And Gold Heist.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

InfinEight posted:

Okay so... my local Smith's/Fred Meyer has all their Star Wars Lego on sale to varying degrees. I was tempted by Grevious' Fighter, another Y-Wing, etc... but the Clone Turbo Tank turned out to be a huge bargain. Not only was it marked down to $96 instead of $120, but the lady at the checkout informed me of a 10% of all toys coupon, which she then applied to my purchase. That means I got 1141 pieces for $86.40, (rounded up $0.08 per piece).

Now I hafta decide if I should open it or save it, and depending on my paycheck tomorrow, I may not be able to resist one more set :D

drat, that's a pretty good price. I think it's a badass set even though I don't like Clone Wars crap. The hat guy with the guns is cool looking. You should totally open it.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Bought a sealed set of Series 2 on ebay for $45 free ship. I missed plenty of opportunities here in Orlando to find them in the wild, but I was broke at the time and lazy. Paying someone $11 to find and assemble a set for me seems pretty fuckin' awesome for both of us. Capitalism in action!

S3 is going to be a lot harder to collect, Mascot and I are probably going to split a case and sell the extras.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Krispy Kareem posted:

Is it just me or do the new Pharaoh's Quest pieces seem under-priced? Maybe because it's not a licensed product, but the bi-plane set seems like a really good deal (from someone who always wanted but could never justify the Indy plane fight set).

Say what? That cobra is not worth $30. It's 200-odd pieces. That is like a $24-25 set. The Sphinx is too much too. Mascot and I were guessing the prices of the sets before we found 'em. I guessed $20 for the cobra and $40 for the sphinx. GG.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

InfinEight posted:

This looks like a nice buy:

Click here for the full 1326x1060 image.

This, this thing:

Click here for the full 1350x918 image.

I don't know. I really don't like the two-piece cockpit, it really doesn't fit the rest of the shape. I do like the new wing plates, and the click-style cargo bay doors, and the trans-blue clip-plates as solar panels. If the price is decent I can see myself buying both.

The shuttle owns and comes with lots of good new pieces. Look at the orbital maneuvering system (engine cover) white cockpit canopies. But look at how bullshit that astronaut's suit is. It's a white Atlantis scuba pack. That just doesn't look right, stupid cost-cutting measures.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

ElMudo posted:

I just did the same! And also, a pair of Tie Defenders, and then a Trifighter Droid and a Separatist Shuttle. And using my Amazon branded credit card for 3% cash back. I haven't bought Lego in years, but I felt a jonesing after reading this thread.

Since I haven't seen this deal mentioned before Ninja Bob's post, Amazon's Buy One, Get One 50% is below. Promotion is applied when checking out:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000635581_pglink_1?&ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000635581&plpage=1

Ugh I couldn't justify spending $225 for a Fire Brigade and a Tantive IV, considering it only brings them down to $112.50 each. I did, however, pull the trigger on two Quest against Time sets, because $18 for a $50 506 piece set with 4 cool minifigs and a light brick is right up my alley. Even if you don't like PoP, just look at the price. You could spend $15 on a Seabed Scavenger or $18 on this.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

The first Hero Factory wave sucks. It's too Bionicley. (Sorry Bionicle fans.) The masks and weapons are kind of cool, but the limbs are like gen 1 bionicle limbs. Hero Factory 2.0 is much better. There's this standardized frame that's almost like a Stikfas guy. The armor plates snap on at ball-and-socket joints, and it's extremely modular. They did away with pins, but there are several pin sockets in the torso and extremities. That said, I think the MOC possibilities are rather limited, or may take some extreme creativity to pull off. It doesn't integrate with System well.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Pyroclastic posted:

I'm at the Toys r Us in Puyallup right now, and they've got most of 2 boxes of S3 and they're buy one get one half off.

Employee said they still don't have a concrete date beyond april for S4.

? Just saw 4 S4s at the local TRU, didn't bother picking them up. I still haven't bought any S3.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Hey jerks, I dunno if the Barnes & Noble 50% off coupon works with LEGO, but I was there yesterday and they had almost every cop/firefighter City set, some other City, most of Pharaoh's Curse (Sphinx and Pyramid at 50% off!!) and a bunch of other LEGO sets and games. You might want to check it out.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

My parents got me this set in 1986 before any actual LEGO sets. I still remember that robot. I even put it together correctly when I was a mere four years old. I love robots.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I want this Batcave. Now.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Pyroclastic posted:

Huh, I never got the impression Ninjago was that popular, at least in my area. The sets and cards and poo poo seem to shelf-warm.
I originally thought there was more to the spinners. Like a zip-cord mechanism or something. Nope, just die-cast metal with some lego bits attached.

Has anyone seen them used in a MOC yet?

Ninjago is stupid popular, because it has a 15-minute commercial cg cartoon series that is broadcast on television.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

That Iron Man looks ridiculous, but those sets look extremely prototype to me. They are pretty much exactly like the leaked pictures of the minifig prototypes we saw months ago at SDCC. The Hulk still doesn't even have a face yet and Cap's chest is a sticker, which is clearly not going to be the case for the final product. I would not be surprised if they just use the printed regular minifig head for Iron man, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept this terrible looking helmet either.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Voodoo posted:

We're so close to a LEGO "Rancor Pit" set. So close.

You mean this? Because there is a 100% chance that I am buying this set. It's only $24.99.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Oops, I brain farted. I swear I know what a Rancor is. It's a shame that there isn't a LEGO Rancor. I'll be happy as long as it doesn't look like that terrible one from the LEGO Star Wars games.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I have 9 Zombies, should I sell them?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Yeah, mine are loose, and I need money to buy expensive Warhammer models so I'm probably going to toss them on ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

djfooboo posted:

Youtube designer video on 10225 LEGO R2-D2

I need it. I've been waiting for a UCS R2-D2 ever since I bought the lovely programmable R2-D2 ten loving years ago.