Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Mine GO BOOM posted:

What is better than one Excavator? How about two, with TRU's Buy One, Get One 50% off deal for $325 with tax?

Their bags don't support the weight of two of these things.

I wish they were out here :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

grabbed a dozen at the supermarket yesterday without really expected them to be there, managed to get 11 unique ones and went back for the last 5 today.

I just need to resist getting 300 greek figures now.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I just was in a store that had a huge barrel full of the series 1 minifigures (germany). They must have had around a thousand of them left. I guess they overestimated demand here.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Intoxication posted:

Do they ship internationally (Austria)?

I dont think they do any shipping at all, just local pickup :( Are you just missing a few or the entire set?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Went looking for season 3 the other day, didn't find any but did see this:

Either supply has been much higher here in europe, or demand lower, but I dont think any store has had issues with them immediately selling out

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

sam.freak posted:

You do realise that that thing probably isn't full all the way to the floor, right?

Of course, but its at least half a meter, because I went digging throught it to find out :D

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Katana Gomai posted:

The joke is that I am actually looking for someone who can benefit off my discount because I personally don't buy Lego (or much rather, don't have the funds for it right now). I work in Germany though, so it's probably not practical for anyone here :smith:

Which of the german stores? I live in NRW.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Katana Gomai posted:

Don't wanna give it away here but I can't PM you. Post any messenger handle and we can talk about it.

E: Removed.

Ika fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 21, 2010

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

SubbyMinx posted:

I have just worked out that Lego is a LOT cheaper in the US than it is in the UK. The exchange rate is such at the moment that I can buy sets in the US for about 2/3rds of the UK price. This is comparing the US and UK prices given by shop.lego.com.

Dear lord - someone please help my bank account while I'm here in the US. I have a horrible feeling I'll need to take about 5 cases of stuff back with me at the end of this year!

You forgot taxes, not sure if UK has them included in the displayed price, but in the US price on the website is without taxes. And then you need to consider the 1000000$ per gram overweight charge for the return flights.

E: forget taxes, I think US doesn't need to pay taxes for online shopping, unlike here.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

ireladd posted:

Really just out of curiosity, I keep hearing of people buy tons of the minifigs. Is the goal to simply get a complete set and then sell off all others, or return the leftovers? What's the typical motivation with the bulk buy? It seems like a lot of work once you've gotten the 16 and maybe a few additional of your favorites.

Because having an army of 30 forestmen and 30 spartans never gets old.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Katana Gomai posted:

Question: Am I the only one whose Lego Kingdoms calendar comes with a ton of extra poo poo? I usually have two of every accessory in a given box, sometimes more. When I got the minifig yesterday, motherfucker came with three swords. Same for the sword in the stone today. I feel like I made out like a bandit.

Nope, same here.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

So many good items for sale, and all of them are sold out :( I wish I had time this week to drive to one of the lego stores.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2011/02/2h11-lego-technic-unimog-shows-up-at.html has pictures of the new technic flagship, I cant wait.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

For that price I would have gotten them all as well. I havn't found them in germany for under 40 euros and want at least one to build and more for parts :(

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

The shuttle already has been tempting me, now the SSD. drat this could become an expensive year....

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Not sure how the supply is in the us, but here in germany I could still pick up discounted season 2 and 3 figures a week ago, so global supply isn't that scarce.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Just picked up a mystical creatures used, complete with box. However the fire breathe is very lose, is there a trick to make sure it doesn't flail around and drop off?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

drat, the current minifigs are E 1.99, and the older seasons are all E 1.49 here.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Technic usually as one extra of every unique small part.

Also, got shipping confirmation on my unimog, motorcycle, and flatbed truck. Expensive order but gonna be sooooo worth it.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Say what appeared to be most of a unitron monorail set at the fleemarket today, all the track was there, the vehicle itself as well with barely any pieces, so just the motor, battery box, and two ends, and a bunch of random half built space sets. Almost bought it for 40 euros, then decided to leave it. Kinda regretting it now, but oh well. Track alone probably would have sold for more, or I could have it drive around my desk all day.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Wheezer posted:

I had no idea the Queen Anne's Revenge was massive. I also didn't think I'd ever see it at an affordable price, but I was wrong on both counts.

My local Toys'R'Us had a warehouse clearance sale and they marked 50% off all lego, including new sets - they had pretty much the complete lego range for sale and discounted. I didn't see any Mindstorm NXT:s left and stocks were dwindling rapidly, but I managed to snag the QAR and the Captain's Cabin kit for a total of 70 euro.

The cabin kit doesn't fit inside the actual cabin of the ship, it's too cramped, but the table and the globe can be put on the deck. Besides, the extra zombies and accessories are fun.

I had the 80's blue-sailed pirate ship as a kid, and now I have this to play together with my son with. Amazing details all around. It's all kinds of shiny new and nostalgic rolled in to one.

Which country?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Gravy Jones posted:

Speaking of 40% the Alien Conquest Tripod is only £12 on Amazon.co.uk, I noticed it on my regular monday Amazon browse and though at that price I'd treat myself!

Amazon discounting on LEGO is weird, it's so random and up and down. Pharaoh's Quest stuff is pretty cheap. I'm tempted to get the plane one for myself, but I really don't have anywhere to put this stuff and the kid is still a little young. I got Golden Staff Guardians insted (40% off). Scarab attack is only like £2.50, slightly more than a single minifig... and it's awesome, but I already have it.

Non-licensed LEGO is the best LEGO.

Amazon discounting is mainly undercut the cheapest marketplace seller by x cents.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Tanith posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFV01G97LsQ

:stare::stare::stare:

Mother of god.

Big-rear end Venerator-class star destroyer.

Now that is awesome!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Probably gonna skip the tow truck, all it is is big but doesn't seem to have that many features. All the other technic sets look good. Might get the creator dinosaur, to combine it with my red dragon

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

They usually come out in the fall

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

My unimog was missing two panels, instead I got an extra bag of pins, they currently even have a webform you can fill out for missing parts and they will send em to you. Took about a week for them to arrive.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

^^^^
The mini technic construction sets are wonderful for desks.

Saw some of the hero factory stuff for 50% off and picked up two because I thought I could use the joints for my creator stuff, however apparently they just have massive multijointed pieces :/

Oh and picked up the atlantis game, I thought I'd give it a try and if it sucks it has alot of pieces for 50% off, has anyone tried it?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Are you in the US or europe?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Ok, but still too far away for me ;(

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Just a heads up: Amazon.fr has the unimog for 127 euros, down from 190. Its not even november and I'm thinking of spending my monthly toy allowance already.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I am thinking of also getting a spare set or two, but my rule currently is only buy em when they are alot less than MSRP and also not to buy anything that I wouldn't mind opening in a few years if the prices dont go up.

Pyro: do you know how to limit the sales to particular regions / countries?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

How do you guys keep your instructions sorted? I have 2 shoeboxes full but it gets annoying trying to find a particular one. I need something like a filing cabinet.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Torael_7 posted:

That interceptor also looks like a simple, straightforward build with no unusual pieces though, so it should be easily duplicated.

In fact, maybe I'll try right now...

Well I take that back, the cockpit appears to be printed, but other than that its good.

Here's a larger picture of the real thing for anyone that wants to duplicate it. Not quite sure about the top flat panel, it seems like it'd be a 2x2 flat with the single stud on top. Probably exists somewhere, but I don't have one.

I also only have enough of the hinge parts for two wings :eng99:

The 2x2 were included in alot of the games.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

WTF? I havn't even had to prove I bought the sets when I reported missing parts.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Maybe it was russian democracy? Certainly not what I voted for.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

einTier posted:

Something happened over lunch. I went to meet a lady in a parking lot and she put a bunch of junk in my trunk. Like a whole bunch.

In case you can't see, there's six of those trays in there, all full, I had to stack them two deep. No idea what all is in there. I did see a few minifigs and it's all LEGO in there apart from the really oddball die cast motorcycle and whatnot. No boxes, but something like 50 instruction manuals, including one for the 6211 Star Destroyer. She claims the kits should be complete, but the LEGOs are well loved ... and who am I kidding, even if they're not complete, it's an epic haul and even selling by weight on eBay will easily recoup my cost.

Because I paid $100 for all that. :colbert:

Really makes up for the overspending on my little tank.

[edit]
That truck chassis on top appears to belong to 8466 Off Roader. I saw a bunch of the lime green panels in the box.

Nice find, I've been trying to get a cheap off roader for months and they always go for about as much as you payed for all of that here. (~60-80 euros)

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Any info on the new technic sets, did they have the ones coming out in Q3?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Gravy Jones posted:

This post bought to you by Legoogel (which has been updating every half hour today with no problems). Which I'm not going to keep pimping I promise. But... if there are any eurogoons who hang out here I will be adding DE, FR, IT and ES support tonight. Plus, if I get time Twitter notification of big price drops.

Nice, cant wait.

Can you add the ability to pass a subset of sets as a semicolon delimited list in the URL, for bookmarking?

Ika fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 21, 2012

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I like the text listing, its alot more discrete than checking brickset's lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Picked up two bags of mixed technic pieces from a used toy store for 20 euros, they contained most of the pieces for this (8436), and this 8453. One of the better deals I have found, I should be able to buy the missing parts for 5-10 euros or just use the pieces for mocs.