Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extrametrical
Oct 1, 2007
You kids don't know what you want! That's why you're still kids: 'cause you're stupid!
Paging late night philosophers. Crooks has questions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Philosopher here.

In other, more piratey news, do we have any islands/shoppes? Also, how does the game calculate your experience level on a puzzle? I'm trying to get stuff to broad so I can navigate with the navy.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Music Theory posted:

Philosopher here.

In other, more piratey news, do we have any islands/shoppes? Also, how does the game calculate your experience level on a puzzle? I'm trying to get stuff to broad so I can navigate with the navy.

We don't have any islands but we do have various shops. The left side of experience rating is based on how long you've played the puzzle. The right side is how you stack up to other players on the ocean.

metacorder
Dec 7, 2007

last of the uplift gnarssh
Syzygies reporting for duty

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Finally got broad in enough things to be able to battle nav with the navy. :woop:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I've had my account on Puzzle pirates for years now and since I've bought dubloons at one point or another, it's never really deleted. I think the last time I played somewhat was when patching came out; I remember being really good at it (But I know that ultimate/incredible is based on how well everyone on the server does) so I got the ultimate trophy a while ago. I kind of miss the Sage ocean, to be honest. Also, gently caress the navy ranks; getting passed Lieutenant Commander was incredibly difficult time consuming.

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jul 11, 2014

Chuggles
Mar 2, 2013

In as Chuggles with no idea how to play

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Chuggles posted:

In as Chuggles with no idea how to play

All you do is just puzzle; I mean, the bulk of the game is going on pillages to make money which you use to buy cool things/dubloons for badges. You don't even need to know how to run a pillage, just go onto someone's sloop, pick a station, and just puzzle and occasionally rumble/swordfight. Or go with the navy if you need to practice a station. (Pick patching. :ssh:)

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

What's the best way to get an enthralled mask?

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006

Goddamn posted:

What's the best way to get an enthralled mask?

You can buy one at an inn or you have a chance at getting one in a CI (Cursed Isles). CI's require a bravery badge and probably some decent stats to get on a boat. You can find them under the notice board/voyages/Sea Monster Hunting. They'll have maps next to the apply button with a V inside an O.

extrametrical
Oct 1, 2007
You kids don't know what you want! That's why you're still kids: 'cause you're stupid!
Announcing on Saturday December 21 from 00:00 PST to 23:59 PST, I will be handing out one of three badges among the Labour, Bravery, or Parlour badges (your choice) to any crew member who logs in and can find me. Claim it in /crew chat or /tell me the answer to what I'm celebrating!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Hogun

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

I already posted what my character's sheet looks like, but I'll probably look to see if anyone's online soon so I can join with Daimon.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Kheldragar posted:

I already posted what my character's sheet looks like, but I'll probably look to see if anyone's online soon so I can join with Daimon.

I have finally re-created my old pirate Shornscroti (which still existed on the old ocean, somehow) on Emerald.

One question though, I thought dubloons were account-wide? I created my new guy but my 1200ish dubloons didn't carry over. Do I need to delete my old pirate first?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Pvt. Public posted:

I have finally re-created my old pirate Shornscroti (which still existed on the old ocean, somehow) on Emerald.

One question though, I thought dubloons were account-wide? I created my new guy but my 1200ish dubloons didn't carry over. Do I need to delete my old pirate first?

I think dubloons might be ocean-wide. Not sure on that, though.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006

Pvt. Public posted:

Dubloons are account wide. No idea why they wouldn't transfer though. Unless you're saying dubloons and mean POE (Pieces of Eight.)

Just in case:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Where do you get all that money? :psyduck: I only have 1,338 PoE and 8 dubloons.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006

Kheldragar posted:

Where do you get all that money? :psyduck: I only have 1,338 PoE and 8 dubloons.

... I've been playing for 7ish years. I'm also a terrible miser and poor by some standards.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

So I guess you don't have a fully black painted GF, a mansion, and are dressed in rags.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
No, several, and yes. I also use the best swordfight weapon (stick) and a free hook in rumble.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Big Ink posted:

Dubloons are account wide. No idea why they wouldn't transfer though. Unless you're saying dubloons and mean POE (Pieces of Eight.)

Just in case:

Bah, I had it backwards. I thought that seemed like a lot more dubloons than I remembered having...

QCIC
Feb 10, 2011

die Stimme der Energie
I'm Phoenicianus, stealer of hearts.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I'm in as Patware, just started again after not playing for hella years (on a different ocean).

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
On Emerald Ocean as Dutters.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
In as InShanee (two e's)

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I guess it's time to give this another try.. It's been years! I actually was with the Salty Mouthful around beta and launch, fun times.

E: Wow, I am actually still in the crew... Guess it hasn't been as long as I thought.

voodoo dog fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 27, 2014

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
In as Haarg because I want to lose all my poe on poker tables.

Favela Flav
Dec 24, 2009
In as Favelaflav. I haven't played this in a while. Hopefully will see some of you goons out on the high seas soon.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Favela Flav posted:

In as Favelaflav. I haven't played this in a while. Hopefully will see some of you goons out on the high seas soon.

Hey thanks man, I got you in and then you joined a different crew a few hours later. :( what the heck

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

:regd08:
I'm getting back into Puzzle Pirates after a couple years and though I would check for any goon activity in the game. Are goon crews looking for new members right now?

EDIT: I'm on Emerald as Bukkits, by the way. Chances are I'll be playing hearts and brawling for the next few days

bukkits fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 27, 2014

maddog
Jan 1, 2010
Haven't played this game in years. In game as Mapdanda if any of you are still around.

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

If goons still play this, I'm on Emerald as Deneghra. I haven't played in years though!

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

I got my seventh order of the jolly rodger. Yup. I have also been assigned the title of carpenter.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

So, patching is completely impossible now. No matter how hard or fast I try to complete each board, I can never get incredible and my puzzle standing is stuck at Grand Master. Are there any legendary or ultimate patching goons that can tell me how the gently caress I'm supposed to get incredible? At least the excellents pay well in 2,500 PoE per segment elite pay blockades. :getin:

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 15, 2014

Gorrister
May 14, 2014
I'm pretty on and off with this game, but I always come back. I'm on emerald as Arteezy. Would love to sail with some goons.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Didn't realise there was a goon crew on here. I'm on Emerald as Benthamite.

I played this a bit when I was younger and quite enjoyed it. Picked it up again recently when I got bored and realised it's actually decent fun. Completely forgot all my old login details though so I'm now a straggly rag wearing novice again.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
So how many goons are still playing this? I just logged in and this happened..

quote:

Ye have been awarded the Eighth Order of the Jolly Roger!

I did not realise I had been in and out of this game for that long. :stare:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

I think I have six or so of them.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
YPP is one of those games that I will forget about for a year at a time, but eventually always come back to for that sweet puzzlin action. I nabbed this cute seahorse thing on a SMH the other night and I must say my pirate is looking quite fancy. :yarr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Some of these puzzles are just abysmally dull mind. Sailing in particular is just ugh. On the plus side, I made like 10k out of 200 poe playing poker because these guys just don't have a clue, at least at the lower levels. Would quite like to make enough to open a shop/ship/island/whatever and see some of the larger scale economic/government stuff at work, because that side of things seems pretty locked out until you're rich as gently caress.

• Locked thread