Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

My partner and I have been looking at engagement rings lately and I've got my heart set on an aquamarine ring (this one), but are they too soft a stone to be worn every day? I've read a bunch of conflicting information and as much as I love the colour, I don't want something really fragile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Coca Koala posted:

I'm starting to look for some jewelry to celebrate my one year anniversary with my girl.

She's told me that she really likes the look of what I can best describe as a faceted teardrop. Searching on google for that gives me beads that look superficially similar to what I want.

Ideally, I'd like to find a pair of amethyst earrings or something with that faceted teardrop look. Should I just walk into a local jeweler and tell them exactly that, and they can help me out? Is there some special term I should be mentioning, or something I should be looking at online? Is this the sort of request that I should shoot JohnnyRnR a message about?

Look up pear shaped stones and you'll have some luck. Something like this?

• Locked thread