Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.
This is going to sound like a stupid question but when buying loose stones, is eBay just a damned bad idea?

I've bought lots of stuff from eBay, I've had good experiences and less good experiences (mainly as a seller, never as a buyer), and I was wondering if it was an option, provided that common sense is used like when buying anything else off eBay - if it looks too awesome to be true, it probably is.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.
I may be a total idiot, but do you have a website JohnnyRnR? I know some people referred to it earlier but I couldn't see it when I looked through the thread.

Also; this whole thread is fabulously fascinating.

What's your take on LifeGems? Specifically, my cat is in her dotage and I'm a crazy cat lady. Are their prices reasonable?
http://www.lifegem.com/secondary/LGPrices2006.aspx

If I got anything, it would be to make a pair of plain drop earrings, very simple, like this:

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

With the fancy quartz - what is the price range like for those stones?

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

Also popping in to compliment Johnny on his service - I wasn't able to go ahead with the purchase (what do you mean, we need new couches??!!) but he answered all my stupid questions and worked out a fantastic cost effective plan for me.

In the meantime, I'm mooning over what could have been but I know that when I get set up to buy more jewellery, I'll do it this way.

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

TunaSpleen - good on you for not putting up with crap from lovely salesmen. I hate it when people tell me what I want - especially when there's a safety issue.

I really hope you guys find what you want (and post pics, because it sounds really nice!)

• Locked thread