Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
A guy on another forum I frequent is looking to sell an engagement ring and while I'm already out of the market for something like that I was wondering if any of you jeweler guys in this thread would like to take a look. It's size 7, center stone is Princess cut, .51 carat and graded (G-H) and (SI) in clarity. Smaller diamonds are round, add up to .18 carats and are (SI) in clarity.

I can post (or PM) a link to the photobucket he's got the pictures posted if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I'm thinking about buying an opal pendant necklace for Christmas but I don't know anything about opals. Any good buying guides out there so I don't get something that's poor quality or overpriced?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

JohnnyRnR posted:

I really like Ethiopian opals. It's hard to explain the difference between the different origins, though. The best I can say is that Australian opals have color that sits on top & Ethiopian opals have color that lives inside. It's confusing, and photos don't really explain it.

This is a ten carat Ethiopian opal I recently picked up. It has a blue base color with green, pink, orange, and red flashes. It's that interplay of changing color that makes opal so exciting.

Wow that opal is super sexy. That’s exactly what I’m looking for, except about 8-9 carats too big.

• Locked thread