Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
How can I look after a string of pearls? What's the best way to clean and store them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
Would it be possible to make jewellery out of Ruthenium? It's a platinum group metal.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

JohnnyRnR posted:

Possible? Yes. Do I know anyone who would be willing to do it? I would have to ask around. Unless there is a sentimental reason for using ruthenium I would encourage platinum or palladium. They will be much more predictable metals.

Well...see... my name is Ruth. Is that a sentimental enough reason?

A more sensible question- how well does amber jewellery stand up to daily wear and tear and what should I do to look after it? I don't have any amber rings so it's not getting bashed about that much but I do have several pairs of earrings and necklaces with amber set in silver and wondered if they need any special care. Right now I keep them away from perfume/soap/moisturiser and store them in padded jewellery boxes.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Chas McGill posted:

The 1 month salary ring is ridiculous and I hope to hell that people aren't actually taken in by that.

The ring I like is in Johnny's shop... so more like 6-8 month's salary. I've got the hots for the Etti design with a 1 carat stone :allears:. I also like to think that my boyfriend knows me well enough that he could propose with a goddamn onion ring and I'd still say yes.

• Locked thread