Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
justFaye
Mar 27, 2009
I have a garnet ring (7? garnets set together in a flower pattern) set in an unknown gold-toned metal (it was 60 euros a decade ago at a shop in France, the garnets are a dark red). The metal seems pretty soft as the prongs have bent over time, so I've been considering getting the stones re-set in a new ring (same flower pattern) but a stronger metal. Would I be better off just getting the current ring repaired or whatever they can do to straighten and possibly strengthen the prongs or is re-setting a better idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justFaye
Mar 27, 2009
Questions about jewelry cleaning:

Is there a way to clean copper jewelry and/or protect it from tarnishing? I have earrings made from oak leaves covered in copper (so there are a bunch of tiny holes) but the edges have begun to tarnish.

Also, what is the best way to clean sterling silver? I have necklaces with intricate surfaces (not smooth surfaces) and also earrings that are all twisty (although each surface is smooth) that have tarnished.

justFaye
Mar 27, 2009
I could have sworn that back in the day someone in this thread posted a jewelry insurance company recommendation, but I can't find it now. Can someone recommend a good company?

• Locked thread