Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.
I've always wanted a Rolex since I was a kid. I'm 32 years old now and figure that I might just be ready to move up from the Seikos that I currently own. I don't care if they're overhyped and I'm just paying for the name, I want one.

That being said, I'm nobody's fool. What's the most inexpensive plain Rolex that's available and what's a reasonable cost for something like that? I don't want diamonds or gold or tourbillons or any funky collectors editions as I'm not really that flashy of a dude, I just want something like an Air King because that's what I think a watch should look like and they're solid, quality watches.

Also, as long as it's in good shape I don't mind buying used one single bit and as a matter of fact think vintage watches are just as cool, if not cooler than new. Help me navigate the Rolex world with some smarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.

Monkey Lincoln posted:

Just keep in mind when buying one that they don't usually keep great time and fixing them costs a ton, like with any luxury item that wears over time.

Fixing them being expensive was a given, since you want to take them to someone who knows what they're doing, not the dude at the Dakota watch kiosk at the mall, but they don't keep great time? Seriously? A $1800 watch that can't tell time?

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.
Alright, good to know. It's not turning me off either, I was just curious. I can handle adjusting my watch every now and then, I just don't want it losing like an hour a day or something.

But in the interest of a compelling thread and all, what's the best luxury watch in terms of quality in your opinion?

• Locked thread