Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Roxy Rouge posted:

Or just post the price here? Just so all of us who are lusting after it know how many pennies we need to save!!

I was wondering about this as well. A ballpark would be cool too. The ring looks stunning!

Thanks to all the jewelers posting btw, very informative thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Dang that looks pretty finely detailed. though (please forgive my being dense, possibly) what is pictured on there?

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

goodness posted:

Looks like a badass wizard chilling in front of his castle

Well i haven't missed any of the obvious pop culture references then. Still looks cool.

I'm also kind of in love with the meteorite ring pictured above. I don't think I've seen anything like it at local jewelers. Should I have looked harder or is it just pretty uncommon material for a ring?

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

nyerf posted:

Both our rings were crafted by boonerings.com, but I don't know how prevalent the user of meteorite is outside of that. I'd highly recommend his service if you like the look of those rings, he was very accommodating with my requests for customising the ring. See http://www.boonerings.com/extreme.htm for some examples of meteorite inlay stuff he does, but everything on the website is sorta a serving suggestion. Just drop him a line and ask what he can do for you!

The only trouble with how we had that inlay is that the tiny piece that is the end part of the strip as it were is prone to being knocked off, so I'd stick to just one big strip rather than having it broken up if you could. Or at least bigger strips! He also organised buying the stones for us (I just said to buy from which particular vendors) to avoid my having to ship the stones to him. Because the meteorite is textured it does tend to trap grime with daily wear, I think you have to clean it from time to time with a mild abrasive to get it nice again. I think I spent maybe half an hour gently rubbing it with baking soda and water before the wedding to get it cleaned up (it'd been an engagement present and was already in use).

Totally forgot to thank you for this, very informative. Definitely looking into getting rings like this now. There's some great stuff on their website. Hope I can get my partner on board, haha

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

huh looks like the forums unposted my praise for those pics, very nice work. Post more if you have any, I love supermacro photography and this is a cool variation on that

• Locked thread