Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

JohnnyRnR posted:

I own a jewelry company, and it seems that it is quite a bit different from the store that Raz runs. I specialize in the things that may later wind up at Sothebys or in a museum.

Do you make or design new jewelry? Can you post some pieces that you are particularly proud of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Giant Isopod posted:

Why?

Well, one of those stones has a cartel-sponsored campaign against synthetics, but I think you already knew that.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

effika posted:

Nail thread people often photograph tricky polishes (iridescence, color shifts, holographic glitter, multiple layers of varying opacities of such, etc) two main ways:

1. A blurry shot, since the sparkles get larger and easier to see

2. An underwater shot, since you'll get multiple angles of refraction on the subject without a crazy lighting/shooting situation

Bonus: gifs of the above.

I don't know if any of those will help opals, though.

Your shop has some really pretty pieces. :)

I imagine underwater shots of iridescent jewelry would be as frustrating as nail polish in that it shows the product in a way it will never look in real life.

• Locked thread