Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fraternite
Dec 24, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post
To what extent are concerns about wear on an emerald and/or gems falling out of flush settings valid?

My SO and I were about to decide on an emerald-diamond-emerald (flush set) white gold ring (something like this, if you're interested), but we both are really concerned about it being a practical choice that won't get in the way, won't fall apart, won't damage really easily, etc.

Should we be looking at something altogether different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraternite
Dec 24, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post

JohnnyRnR posted:

That ring should not give you any trouble. The emeralds are well protected by the design. They're also not gigantic emeralds so it wouldn't be too expensive if you did chip one in a few years. I wouldn't worry at all.

Thanks for the advice.

I know it's not a super fancy ring, but we went ahead and found a local goldsmith and asked him how much he would charge us to make it and it was much, much, much, cheaper than anything comparable online or in a store.

So to anyone else reading this, I totally endorse the advice of finding a local goldsmith instead of hitting the internet or the malls.

• Locked thread