Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I recently purchased my wedding band for my upcoming wedding. I really love the band, its 18k "grey gold."

I know the jeweler explained that "grey gold" was very similar to white gold but didn't use any nickel, and that most of Europe uses grey gold rather than white gold because of more stringent regulations on the use of nickel.

I like my jeweler, and we really used her because she was able to work wonders on a band for my fiance's ring (which was her great grandmother's engagement ring and has a lopsided oval configuration that four other jewelers said they couldn't make a band for), and she has worked with us for a couple years since our first wedding was delayed. So, I might have paid a little more than necessary on my band, but to help support her shop that is fine.

I just want to know more about the "grey gold" though. Looking it up on wikipedia and online I didn't find much. Is "grey gold" really the "white gold" standard in Europe, or was just that her pushing a material I know she is fond of. All I know is that I liked the color of it more than white gold or platinum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread