Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Queen Of Spades posted:

If I was looking to get a moissanite ring custom made from a jeweller and they dont carry them in store, should it be pretty easy to have them order one for a ring? Or am I better just trying to find something online?

Ive been looking at something like http://www.moissaniteco.com/round-moissanite-modern-designer-style-engagement-ring-p-9074.html but being in Canada has me worried about crazy custom fees and duties. Would I be able to get one even made for that price, or is that going to be roughly the best I find?

Moissaniteco.com may come with some crazy fees, but it is the only moissanite retailer (to my knowledge) that does an enhancing process to eliminate any of the green/yellow/gray tint that some people notice with the stone (especially larger stones). It costs $100/carat, but I think that it is totally worth it.

When I get my girlfriend the moissanite engagement ring that she wants, I'm going to get the enhancement process done. If you go to the Moissanite Co. website, just type "enhanced" in the search box to find out the instructions on how to apply it to the ring (you just add to the cart the size of the center stone).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread