Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
My boyfriend and I just started looking at engagement rings and we both fell in love with the same design, here: http://www.gemvara.com/Round-Blue-Sapphire-White-Gold-Ring-by-Carl-Ansley/jewelry/v/216705/
My only thing is that it's got a lot of diamonds in it and I was hoping to cut costs and soothe my first world guilt by using either fake diamonds or lab-grown ones. What is the likelihood that we could get a jeweler to replicate the ring, and about how much would it save us?

The real irony is I started looking at settings like that when I was surfing for antique rings but all the antique ones I found were way more expensive than this one. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Any thoughts on my sapphire ring, Johnny? :)

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Thanks to both of you! My boyfriend was pretty relieved to hear that we could get it for cheaper, although I admit I'm kind of taken with that setting. I hope we can find one really similar/the same!

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
JohnnyRnR, I have a repair question - my boyfriend got me a necklace from Vivienne Westwood a couple years ago and some of the finish is just beginning to visibly wear off. Is it possible to get something like that replated? It's this necklace: http://www.viviennewestwood.co.uk/shop/jewellery/necklaces/mini-bas-relief-pendant-468/
I'm not sure if it's possible/cost-effective to fix something like this rather than just get a new one, but it's my favorite necklace and he got it for our 5th anniversary so I'd like to keep it nice if possible :)

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Awesome, I'm glad to hear it might be fixable! I emailed their general inquiries department to ask what the "imitation rhodium" actually is, hopefully I can get a better idea of the cost of replating with that.

• Locked thread