Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joellypie
Mar 13, 2006

JohnnyRnR posted:

Titanium & Tungsten are in the same family if you're looking for a non-precious band. Both are serviceable if not particularly awe inspiring. Tungsten will be more expensive due to the current patent situation. Last year it was cheap, but the courts put a stop to that recently.

White gold and Platinum are traditional jewelry metals and are able to be repaired, polished, engraved, and resized when needed.

I went to look at wedding bands for my fiance today and the Tungsten rings were running about $200, did it used to be cheaper then that? Also can tungsten not be engraved? They told me they would have to order his size because they can't be sized, but when I mentioned engraving they said they could do it on site.

JohnnyRnR posted:

The sapphire would likely last 100 years with only minor damage: Scuffing, or a minor chipped corner.

I've been told by many people (not jewelers) that my sapphire will probably have to be replaced with in the next 5 yrs with every day wear, is this not true? That will make me very happy if its not true!

Also, Johnny my engagement ring is oddly shaped and I have no clue where to start on finding a wedding band. I tried a few today but none of them seemed to fit it correctly. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

To add to that, this ring sits almost flush with my skin. I'm in nursing school so I wanted something that would not rip my gloves. I am also a size 4, so something with alot of diamonds I have been told would not be a good idea because they can pop out easier? Sorry for the crappy cell quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread