Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.

Arglebargle III posted:

I've never had the opportunity, but I've been thinking that you could challenge the common prison rape acceptance/joking by suggesting that you and the people talking to you go rape the inmate right now. Describe in graphic detail how you would rape this person and talk like you really mean to go find them, hold them down, and anally rape them, then when the people you're talking to are horrified try to drive home the point that this is what they are laughing about.

You've never had the opportunity? Ever since I read the Ask/Tell thread that HidingFromGoro started I've been a changed man when it comes to prison policy in the US. I was never the "lock 'em up and throw away the key" type really, but now that I know what I've gotten from all these threads I'm shocked how often prison rape jokes come up in normal every day conversations. They're almost the ultimate throw away line, but I've stopped playing along and allowing prison rape to be used as a joke around me because once you find out anything about it, it's the least funny thing ever. Now if someone mentions the old "Haha, he's going to get raped in prison, haha" canard I jump all over it as an opportunity to have the same reaction as if someone told me a similar hate based race joke and I stop and just tell people that prison rape is Not loving Funny and what I've learned.

I'm on a one man mission to make prison rape jokes as socially acceptable as telling jew jokes and black jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.

Pope Guilty posted:

The film "Cocaine Cowboys" goes into some detail on this point.

And Cocaine Cowboys II goes even further, both of which are available on Netflix streaming.

• Locked thread