Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TDepressionEarl posted:

CSPAN2 is currently broadcasting oral arguments before the Supreme Court on Plata V. Schwarzenegger, a federal class action civil rights lawsuit alleging that the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation's (CDCR) medical services are inadequate and violate the Eighth Amendment, the Americans with Disabilities Act. Apologies if this is late or a rebroadcast, but I didn't even realize that this case even existed, much less was taken to the Supreme Court.

Edit: Jesus Christ, Alito disgusts me.

Alito's basically a fascist. His entire drat legal career he has neither hidden it nor been ashamed of it. When you get corrupt police commissioners and prosecutors go "uh... isn't that a bit much, sir?" you know you've made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

I have a feeling this should be quoted for posterity. This thread is gonna go places!

Sounds to me like this is a case of the system working. Surprisingly, given that part of the system involved was American prison.

There's a big difference between "I was a bad person and got therapy that appears to have worked" and "I am presently a bad person".

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

...Whatever happened to Hiding From Goro, anyway?

• Locked thread