Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Some eedjit posted a pro-Arpaio thing on Facebook. I've debated with her before and I suspect she just doesn't know the real story. For the lazy, is there an Arpaio-bomb or equivalent anywhere that I can send to her to let her know that the dude's a colossal shitheel and no, we shouldn't model all jails everywhere after his operation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

slogsdon posted:

A lot of the links in the article 404, unfortunately.

And it's from a few years ago, so it doesn't include any recent antics including the federal investigations. Oh well.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

A.S.H. posted:

I have not pried into the details, it's not something I feel comfortable pushing someone talk about. Apparently it was supposed to kick in earlier, but he was able to forestall it until the middle of March.

My wife works with parole officers (in county mental health services for offenders) and this is something she's never heard of. Apparently in her experience parole officers aren't even supposed to make you take any time off work to do parole-related stuff, let alone quit a job. Can anyone else's experience shed some light on what might have happened here?

EDIT: I could understand if some aspect of the job violated the terms of parole/probation, like the crime was DWI or something else alcohol-related and the person worked at a place that served alcohol, or maybe if a job required travel that was outside the supervisory area. But "it's time to move on" just seems so arbitrary.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 16, 2013

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Huttan posted:

In Colorado, the first few convictions for indecent exposure/public indecency get you on the sex offender list for a few years (because the first few convictions are misdemeanors). I think it is the 4th or 5th conviction that gets bumped up to felony status and that gets you permanent residence on the sex offender list.

But isn't even a "temporary" listing pretty permanent because of those organizations that copy it for "public awareness" and never take anybody off?

• Locked thread